Offline CaptSackJparrow

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • CaptSackJparrow's YouTube
  • Gamertag: CaptSackJparrow
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #1125 on: 10:40 AM - 10/25/11 »
Looks like a sh*tty situation
Don't put down the bottle... just tape it to the back of the shield and put a straw in it.  WIN!

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #1126 on: 10:52 AM - 10/25/11 »
let me see if I can push this thread back on the rails...  :)

quick question for PC guys -
I activated this morning and started it up to tweak my settings (graphics, audio, key-binds, etc.) ahead of time, so I can just get cracking on it later when I get home from work and IE came up... is there a way to play this without the f'ing browser? (who's stupid gawddamn idea was that anyway?) Is there a way to at least get to an Options screen of some sort?

also, general class question -
can you tweak classes "offline" i.e. without actually being in a match? that always bugged the @#$% out of me about BF...
say what you will about COD, at least you can tweak your classes offline instead of the heat of battle...

ideally though, you should be able to do both. can think of several occasions where I'm mid-match in COD and wish I'd gone with a slightly different class setup or a different kill streak...

Offline jas0n

• KA PAOW!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: 11:15 AM - 10/25/11 »
let me see if I can push this thread back on the rails...  :)

I activated this morning and started it up to tweak my settings (graphics, audio, key-binds, etc.) ahead of time, so I can just get cracking on it later when I get home from work and IE came up... is there a way to play this without the f'ing browser? (who's stupid gawddamn idea was that anyway?) Is there a way to at least get to an Options screen of some sort?

also, general class question -
can you tweak classes "offline" i.e. without actually being in a match? that always bugged the @#$% out of me about BF...
say what you will about COD, at least you can tweak your classes offline instead of the heat of battle...

ideally though, you should be able to do both. can think of several occasions where I'm mid-match in COD and wish I'd gone with a slightly different class setup or a different kill streak...

Did you happen play the open beta at all? It's sort of old news at this point.

No, the browser (battlelog) is required to play the game and it seems all settings including tweaking your class is only done in-game. I agree with you though about the class setup, I think we should be able to change our load outs out of game. But it's only 4 classes so I can live with it.
Xim3+Xim2 (Xbox 360 Controller Wired)
Logitech G15v2 + G13
Logitech G500
Astro MixAmp + Beyerdynamic DT880
Sennheiser HD598 AD700
Mw3 spawns are so bad that I was playing on Seatown and spawned in Dome. hahaha sry

Offline RedTalon

• View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: 11:27 AM - 10/25/11 »
Well, on the XBOX you can tweak your class out of game. Not sure about the PC.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #1129 on: 11:28 AM - 10/25/11 »
Well, on the XBOX you can tweak your class out of game. Not sure about the PC.

Yeappers.

So far I am enamored with the BF3 XBOX 360 experience.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline jas0n

• KA PAOW!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: 11:29 AM - 10/25/11 »
Any one notice the crappy looking commo rose on pc? I'm grateful it's there, but geez they could have made it just a bit prettier.

BF2

BF2142

« Last Edit: 11:44 AM - 10/25/11 by jas0n »
Xim3+Xim2 (Xbox 360 Controller Wired)
Logitech G15v2 + G13
Logitech G500
Astro MixAmp + Beyerdynamic DT880
Sennheiser HD598 AD700
Mw3 spawns are so bad that I was playing on Seatown and spawned in Dome. hahaha sry

Offline Gnice4u

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RicketyRaw
  • PSN ID: Rickety_Raw
« Reply #1131 on: 11:32 AM - 10/25/11 »
Any notice the crappy looking commo rose on pc? I grateful it's there, but geez they could have made it just a bit prettier.

Me too...game is very good imo.
Love my XIM3, XIM Edge, and XIM4

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: 11:34 AM - 10/25/11 »
Here's a dev twitter response to a fan. Lesson learned from blops?

http://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/128583950582038528
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: 12:24 PM - 10/25/11 »
I have the xbox slim 4gb. Wont let me load textures. Still looks fine, but you know.... I saw on youtube a video for taking ANY xbox hd and connecting it to a slim 4gb. What do you folks think of this, and should I do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKnaixPCsns
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #1134 on: 12:26 PM - 10/25/11 »

<blah blah> Is there a way to at least get to an Options screen of some sort?

Did you happen play the open beta at all? It's sort of old news at this point.

I jumped on very briefly. was really hoping browser thing was just for beta. I assume at least SOME negative feedback came in about that...

so... there really is no options screen unless you're in a match?
I have to get into a match to tweak my @#$% resolution or audio settings???
I have to be missing something because if I'm not, that really is most unbelievably stupid @#$% thing I've ever seen. please tell me in my very quick glance this morning I just missed something. please.

Scoobz

« Reply #1135 on: 12:40 PM - 10/25/11 »
Just got BF3 at game stop from pre ordering it online. But im confused! Online preorders it said you get the LMG,shot gun,flechete ammo etc. How do i access all of it or how do i know i even got it? I activated the online pass but dont see anything about the unlocked bonus weapons,any clue ximmers?

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: 12:49 PM - 10/25/11 »
Just got BF3 at game stop from pre ordering it online. But im confused! Online preorders it said you get the LMG,shot gun,flechete ammo etc. How do i access all of it or how do i know i even got it? I activated the online pass but dont see anything about the unlocked bonus weapons,any clue ximmers?

The Physical Warfare key was printed on my GameStop receipt.  I had to go into the BF3 store (in game) to activate it.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Scoobz

« Reply #1137 on: 01:10 PM - 10/25/11 »
Got it tuffrabit! good thing i didnt throw away the receipt lol

Oh and you know when it asks you to download the HD package which is like 1.5 GB, does this download cover both single player and multiplayer? Or do both disks ask the same?

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: 01:13 PM - 10/25/11 »
Got it tuffrabit! good thing i didnt throw away the receipt lol

Yeah good thing for sure.

Oh and you know when it asks you to download the HD package which is like 1.5 GB, does this download cover both single player and multiplayer? Or do both disks ask the same?

I have no idea.

Scoobz

« Reply #1139 on: 01:19 PM - 10/25/11 »
I just popped in the single player disc and it didnt ask me to download anything for HD package so i guess the 1.5 GB i downloaded from the multiplayer disc covers the single player as well.