XIM Community

Battlefield 3  (Read 234700 times)

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #735 on: 02:18 AM - 09/28/11 »
Yeah I may just have a pop in a bit and see what I come up with. I've never done one before. What's the deadzone? like 4900? or something?

Mist you got the beta yet?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 02:27 AM - 09/28/11 »
No I don't, I have to wait another day.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #737 on: 02:35 AM - 09/28/11 »
Ultim8 deadzoned it and he said he came up with 4918 but wasnt sure if he did ot right... Wonder why noone else has. You guys are scaring me with the on par with bc2 graphics I was hoping for something a little closer to crysis 2 graphics.
« Last Edit: 02:50 AM - 09/28/11 by amak1 »
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #738 on: 02:58 AM - 09/28/11 »
If I'm being honest it looks a mess, but then I expected that because it is the beta and I know it will be better for full release. Either that or I've just been spoilt by BC2 on the PC for the last month or so and it really is that poor.

You can tell the engine has a lot to give, there are nice effects but it feels like it is running with a number of features turned off and on a lower resolution than it should be.

You guys are scaring me with the on par with bc2 graphics I was hoping for something a little closer to crysis 2 graphics.

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: 03:09 AM - 09/28/11 »
Doing a standard config. Let me know what you think discuss tweaks etc..

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16170.msg195212#msg195212

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: 03:11 AM - 09/28/11 »
Indeed, some parts look great, then you'll turn around and watch the textures load on a wall or see a player with little texture to them at all running past. When you blow up the MCOM just watch the sparks fly out. Looks like a pixellated PS1 game. I havent witnessed any great destruction either, nothing any better than BC2 so far. Just hope these features are turned off or dumbed down.
« Last Edit: 03:44 AM - 09/28/11 by Gabbagod »

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: 03:42 AM - 09/28/11 »
That spark thing has to be early build. Its more like a SNES game.

100% wont be like that in the finished build. Its part of the reason putting out this old build actually isnt a good idea IMO as a lot of people will be looking at stuff like that thinking lame.

I do like the way the cloud shadows roll in and out. That is a very nice touch.

Offline dmxwyrw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 03:54 AM - 09/28/11 »
Hows the hit detection given the beta? Opinions on this given the beta. We have just ok graphics and awesome sound.

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 03:58 AM - 09/28/11 »
Hows the hit detection given the beta? Opinions on this given the beta. We have just ok graphics and awesome sound.

Most of the time spot on, sometimes completely beyond comprehension. I used a shotgun and shot someone twice square on and inflicted no damage. Like wise I sprayed two people equally. One died instantly the other again had 100% health. Other people have reported such things, again probably in its beta state.

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 04:00 AM - 09/28/11 »
I'm enjoying the graphics now. You just need to settle in to it. I wish AA was turned off more like in BC2.. I'm not a fan of AA anyway but its made it seem soapy at a distance. I'd prefer the jaggies and a crisp collection of blocky pixels to shoot at in the distance.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 08:51 AM - 09/28/11 »
haha yeah me too zen, makes it so much easier to distinguish between a foe and a bunch of gras in long distances

with aa on it just looks the same
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 09:17 AM - 09/28/11 »
haha yeah me too zen, makes it so much easier to distinguish between a foe and a bunch of gras in long distances

with aa on it just looks the same

I thought my comment would be greeted with boos...most people are obsessed with AA and I hate it.

Thing is they could have taken all the AA off had a crisp picture and had more performance to play with...but then most would be crying about the "jaggies" I want jaggies please! ;D

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #747 on: 11:43 AM - 09/28/11 »
haven't turned it on in so long I forgot... I have a PS3 to test the beta on too.  neat.

had already planned for XBOX and PC, I'll be interested to see if there are differences between XBOX

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #748 on: 11:44 AM - 09/28/11 »
haven't turned it on in so long I forgot... I have a PS3 to test the beta on too. 

had already planned to play on both XBOX and PC, I'll be interested to see if there are any big differences between XBOX and PS3...

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 12:07 PM - 09/28/11 »

Most of the time spot on, sometimes completely beyond comprehension. I used a shotgun and shot someone twice square on and inflicted no damage. Like wise I sprayed two people equally. One died instantly the other again had 100% health. Other people have reported such things, again probably in its beta state.

Really? The hit detection in Alpha was absolutely perfect.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos