XIM Community

Battlefield 3  (Read 234686 times)

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #690 on: 09:22 AM - 09/27/11 »
YAY got a code from some one on the EA uk forums. Did a swap for my PC one....downloading now.

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 09:27 AM - 09/27/11 »
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, glad you got it sorted m8, report here with any issues with the beta thus far.

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: 09:36 AM - 09/27/11 »
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, glad you got it sorted m8, report here with any issues with the beta thus far.

I'm 75% downloaded now. The only thing I care about at the moment is stick handling. I'll give my first impressions within the hour. Although it seems in true EA style the servers are f'd

Offline AcloYde

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SandorHD
« Reply #693 on: 10:03 AM - 09/27/11 »
Do you need to have xbox live gold, and did you have to register for the beta like milion years ago?

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #694 on: 10:07 AM - 09/27/11 »
they bought the Medal of Honor: Limited Edition.  The rest of us are waiting until friday when it's open to everyone.  Yes, you'll need xbox live gold as it is multiplayer only.
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline jas0n

• KA PAOW!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 10:15 AM - 09/27/11 »
Got my beta key and the PC access email at 7:20am pst. I'm at work.. Sucks to be employed right now...
Xim3+Xim2 (Xbox 360 Controller Wired)
Logitech G15v2 + G13
Logitech G500
Astro MixAmp + Beyerdynamic DT880
Sennheiser HD598 AD700
Mw3 spawns are so bad that I was playing on Seatown and spawned in Dome. hahaha sry

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 10:23 AM - 09/27/11 »
OK here we go....first impressions.

Yes the graphics are a bit weird at first. I did think OMG these suck as I've been playing smooth MW2 for the last few weeks. Then I stuck BC2 on and they were even worse. After 10mins of play though the graphics started to get better and better as they do when switching from BC2 to COD

The movement is much closer to COD over BC2. The feel of running and rush is smooth and silky but the best thing is the stick handling.

This is going to be made of win for the XIM3. Tiny deadzone....maybe smaller then COD's. INstant full speed when you peg the stick. Only tried MW2 config and that actually wasnt too bad. a bit grainy though. Once I got pasted the first 15 mins the environments really came alive and you start to see where they spent the GPU power over frame rate.

The sound on this game is the best I've ever heard. Easily the star of the show on boot up

Recoil is insanely high which is great. The XIM3 will dominate this game.

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #697 on: 10:26 AM - 09/27/11 »

Yes the graphics are a bit weird at first. I did think OMG these suck as I've been playing smooth MW2 for the last few weeks. Then I stuck BC2 on and they were even worse. After 10mins of play though the graphics started to get better and better as they do when switching from BC2 to COD

The movement is much closer to COD over BC2. The feel of running and rush is smooth and silky but the best thing is the stick handling.

This is going to be made of win for the XIM3. Tiny deadzone....maybe smaller then COD's. INstant full speed when you peg the stick. Only tried MW2 config and that actually wasnt too bad. a bit grainy though. Once I got pasted the first 15 mins the environments really came alive and you start to see where they spent the GPU power over frame rate.

The sound on this game is the best I've ever heard. Easily the star of the show on boot up

awesome! still no aim assist i presume? 
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #698 on: 10:52 AM - 09/27/11 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xSicntHlXA

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline dmxwyrw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 11:13 AM - 09/27/11 »
http://www.twitch.tv/ulirocks This dude is streaming xbox 360

Offline jas0n

• KA PAOW!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: 11:49 AM - 09/27/11 »
PC beta is 3.9 GB via Origin...
Xim3+Xim2 (Xbox 360 Controller Wired)
Logitech G15v2 + G13
Logitech G500
Astro MixAmp + Beyerdynamic DT880
Sennheiser HD598 AD700
Mw3 spawns are so bad that I was playing on Seatown and spawned in Dome. hahaha sry

Offline SecondSight

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Second Sight 07
« Reply #701 on: 11:53 AM - 09/27/11 »
Zen that sounds great, I wish I could play the beta today :/

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 12:08 PM - 09/27/11 »
zen hows the dedicated server list doing?
already available for the beta?

if so does it show the server ping / your ping when you are playing on it?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 12:10 PM - 09/27/11 »
No, no server browser.....just quick match option. Havent seen a ping thing. Will look when I next go on. Sound is blowing my tits off.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #704 on: 01:18 PM - 09/27/11 »
There is noticeable aim assist IMHO ... not huge, but definitely there. I've been playing a lot of BC2 on PC recently so it was very easy to notice the aim assist. I reckon this will work well with a ST, the acceleration curve felt ok but only played the one round.

As mentioned above the sound is quality. It does have a more of a COD feel to it, but still very DICE. :)