XIM Community

Battlefield 3  (Read 234685 times)

Offline Boddiebagger

• MVP
  • The Original KWAK'er
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #390 on: 05:30 PM - 08/17/11 »
Meh details aren't important.. I want resolution and draw distance...

And load times.. I want to be the first one spawning and jumping in that jet

I will do my hardest to make sure this don't happen.

What boddiebagger calls losing a gun fight means, killing the opposing team 3 times over and dying once.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 06:05 PM - 08/17/11 »
I found this on the bf3 forum, cracked me up. Below are the lines for BF3 and MW3 at gamescom in germany right now.

Fanboy misperception! Take a pic when its not even time for a line for one and then take a pic of a line at its peek for the other.

TBH, I am probably the biggest fanboy and supporter of COD. I will say I do believe COD will fall off. I don't know if its this year or later. I don't believe its anybodies fault either. It won't be because BF is looking awesome(might help but won't kill it). It comes down to all empires fall, thats just what they do. Nothing can stay on top forever. Casual gamers will get burnt out. Lets face it COD is what it is, and its what people like. It can't make the huge changes in the direction of BF because it is not that type of game.

The line was actually non existent because they were having technical problems in their booth. But I still like the picture.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 06:51 PM - 08/17/11 »
I found this on the bf3 forum, cracked me up. Below are the lines for BF3 and MW3 at gamescom in germany right now.

Fanboy misperception! Take a pic when its not even time for a line for one and then take a pic of a line at its peek for the other.

TBH, I am probably the biggest fanboy and supporter of COD. I will say I do believe COD will fall off. I don't know if its this year or later. I don't believe its anybodies fault either. It won't be because BF is looking awesome(might help but won't kill it). It comes down to all empires fall, thats just what they do. Nothing can stay on top forever. Casual gamers will get burnt out. Lets face it COD is what it is, and its what people like. It can't make the huge changes in the direction of BF because it is not that type of game.

You have a point but on the other hand how old is Pokemon, Mario, Gran Turismo? They're still going pretty strong. Final Fantasy only started losing it's prestige more recently after how many years.

COD still does infantry combat better than any other game. BF does multiplayer sandbox better then anyone but lets be honest, its infantry combat is at best a step behind. The biggest challenge to COD in the future is making the switch to next-generation. With a lot of core IW guys gone, can the current COD teams build a new engine that replicates what makes COD great?

EA took a big risk with the hype of BF3. Thing is, most people are still going to get the game on consoles. They know this but they pulled a smart marketing tactic of mostly showing the PC version. It looks amazing and everyone is hyped. When seeing how the game actually looks and performs on a 360/PS3 I wonder how many people will be disappointed. Plus, it's pulling in a lot of new players who are either just caught in the hype or are disaffected with COD and are looking for something new. But BF is a very different beast from COD and I don't know if they will stick around to fully comprehend the BF formula.

You also have to remember that Dice are notorious for launching technically flawed games. BC2 had a sweet spot to breathe and mature in it's launch window. MW3 comes out a couple of weeks after BF3. Hype dies fast in the game industry and is extinguished faster by a bigger IP on its heels. If you have the combination of new players getting frustrated with the adjustment period, Dice's classic technical guffaws, and MW3 offering salvation only after a brief wait, I don't know if BF3's short term success will have enough room to last or recover.

On the other hand it could be flawless and easily accessible to newbies. Or it could suck and MW3 could be just as bad. Who knows.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 07:10 PM - 08/17/11 »
Final Fantasy only started losing it's prestige more recently after how many years.

final fantasy stopped being good at the moment when squaresoft and enix made a fusion with each other
man i could rant on this for about 20 pages...

anyways phil, i saw the entire ~14 minutes EA BF3 press converence
only the last 2 minutes where about the caspian border trailer on the pc

in the first 12 minutes they showcasted a singleplayer coop mission on the ps3, and man, it looked incredibly good for a console game
not sure with what you can compare it, take the bf3 alpha and increase the details or something like that

but apart from the gfx you also saw that the game still has major problems, in some ares the game ran with a lot of lost frames
but that will surely be fixed till the release date

although im getting this game for pc, im sure bf3 will do a very good job on the console
may they have smaller maps or not, the feeling will still be great
i mean it just needs to be like bfbc2 (if not better) gameplay wise and the game will be a huge success
im pretty sure that bc2 woulde been a very successfull game if ea had made more advertise for it

take the bc2 map harvest day for example
its a huge map, really
and yet you stumble on opponents here and there, even if its just 12v12
flying a plane on a map like harvest day wouldnt be the problem either, flying straight for about 15-25 seconds should be doable in this map
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #394 on: 09:09 PM - 08/17/11 »
Hehe im positive cod will outsell bf3... will it actually be better? Prolly not.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline RoAV

• who drank the purple stuff?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XxRoAVxX
  • PSN ID: XxWick3dClownxX
« Reply #395 on: 01:14 AM - 08/18/11 »
MW3 will defiantly outsell BF3 mostly due to the fact that millions (exaggerating) of screaming 12 year olds will get their mommys to buy it for them. 8) 
"an eye for an eye makes everyone a cyclops"

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 01:22 AM - 08/18/11 »
MW3 will defiantly outsell BF3 mostly due to the fact that millions (exaggerating) of screaming 12 year olds will get their mommys to buy it for them. 8) 

that means less kids in ous bf3 teams that usually snatch away the planes and directly fly them into the ocean :)

but for real, i cannot understand the parents that buy their 11-14 years old kids a game marked as 18...
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 01:35 AM - 08/18/11 »
Yep agreed... i had like a 9yr. Old in cod the other day whispering obsenities at me prolly b c his. mom was in. the room lol... i just told him hed better stop or i would tell her. I wouldnt let my kid communicate on xbl until he was a somewhat mature age
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 01:41 AM - 08/18/11 »
Incase you guys havent seen this yet... a complete list of vehicles in bf3 :

http://bf3blog.com/2011/08/complete-list-of-battlefield-3-vehicles/

And co-op gameplay:

http://youtu.be/p2n08Wlbzdg

Offline RoAV

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 01:43 AM - 08/18/11 »
I have to mute half my team in CoD because of the little kids ugh.

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: 01:54 AM - 08/18/11 »
Thank god the console graphics still look good... though theyve only demoed ps3 which kind of scares me.

Offline RoAV

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 01:58 AM - 08/18/11 »
Yeah the xbox shouldnt look bad though look at MoH it looks good

Offline RoAV

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 09:39 PM - 08/18/11 »
Anyone know the best place to preorder BF3 for xbox360?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 10:25 PM - 08/18/11 »
not the cheapest usually, but amazon
they guarantee you to have the game on the day its released

smaller shops usually have lower prices, but it might happen that you get it a day later or two

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile