XIM Community

Battlefield 3  (Read 234641 times)

Offline Boddiebagger

• MVP
  • The Original KWAK'er
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #240 on: 05:05 PM - 07/26/11 »
Ugh, smattlefield! You keep your teamwork and tactics to yourself! Tactics are for winners!  ;)

What boddiebagger calls losing a gun fight means, killing the opposing team 3 times over and dying once.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
« Reply #241 on: 05:29 PM - 07/26/11 »
No commander and no mods really hurts this game for me :(

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 07:04 PM - 07/26/11 »
3d spotting has been around since 2142. From the footage combat seems more like Medal Of Honor than either BF or BC.

BTW, jets are in for consoles:

www.joystiq.com/2011/07/26/dice-battlefield-3-console-maps-more-compact/
« Last Edit: 07:59 PM - 07/26/11 by PhilAshio »

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
« Reply #243 on: 10:10 PM - 07/26/11 »
Say what? Jets a go for consoles?!!

Obsv, new request: support for USB hub + flight stick (x52 hehe). Time to make use of that power port ^_-
"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 10:57 PM - 07/26/11 »
Weren't jets confirmed on console at e3?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 01:05 AM - 07/27/11 »
This is gonna be the sex..  Lets get these ST's dialed for this one!!!
BFH

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #246 on: 02:32 AM - 07/27/11 »
Yea itd be sweet if i could use my avi8tr or rudder pedals but i doubt thats gonna happen lol... yea its gonna be sick... especially with a team of 16 ximmers haha.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 03:00 AM - 07/27/11 »
Weren't jets confirmed on console at e3?

Yup ! Phew... glad I didn't scrap my Hori Xbox 360 Flight Stick..  I almost gave up on flight sim games on the 360. ;D

There are a few improvements on the client/server side of things I'm excited about in Bf3.  I read somewhere in a blog over at Ea that you will now have more control of the servers as a client :

*You will able to report players via console with the command : /abuse [username of the player] - [report of the terms of service violation.] (Not sure if you can do this now or not in any of the current Bf games,.)

*Ability to flag  / screenshot / or record a short video clip of a persion explioting or hacking the server and instantly alert server admins via email command from console with it.

*Apply a ping command so you only connect to servers "under that ping amount"...

Also , I've heard that the consoler version will have "vote-kick" / temp-ban  abilities in their servers. A first for any muliplayer game on the 360 I think.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 06:20 PM - 07/27/11 »
I've been visiting http://www.bf3alpha.battlefield.com every couple of hours and just got accepted a minute ago. Dice has been telling us we would get an email, I did not but the website finally worked. Downloading now. :) I'll find out soon how well it runs on my 9800 gtx plus. BF Veteran rank 6 by the way.

i7 860
4gb ddr3 1600mhz
xfx 9800gtx plus

Offline xXxDieselxXx

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 07:00 PM - 07/27/11 »
I've been visiting http://www.bf3alpha.battlefield.com every couple of hours and just got accepted a minute ago. Dice has been telling us we would get an email, I did not but the website finally worked. Downloading now. :) I'll find out soon how well it runs on my 9800 gtx plus. BF Veteran rank 6 by the way.

I was just going to post that.

It's confirmed it worked for me and some friends just now without E-mail. Make sure to enter the right information.

https://bf3alpha.battlefield.com

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 07:07 PM - 07/27/11 »
The birthdate didn't matter for me. I always sign up to websites with a false birthdate, there's no way I could have remembered the actual date used.

Offline SuponjiBobu

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 07:10 PM - 07/27/11 »
You got accepted to mist? ;)

Offline xXxDieselxXx

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 07:28 PM - 07/27/11 »
http://n4g.com/news/813140/battlefield-3-alpha-trial-opened-now-for-all-origin-accounts-4news-it/com

UpdateFor all the people who can not get the code from the Official Alpha Trial web site, the Global Battlefield Community Manager at DICE admitted another invitation Alpha wave is coming.

http://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/96231638572351488

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 07:29 PM - 07/27/11 »
Wohoo ! Thanks for the linkie guys.. Got accepted as well. Can't wait to try out my many different level gaming pc's on this thing. I'll post some hardware specs with some some framerate benchmarks with fraps when I get the chance.  - Origin looks like a cheap version of Steam.  ???

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 07:39 PM - 07/27/11 »
http://n4g.com/news/813140/battlefield-3-alpha-trial-opened-now-for-all-origin-accounts-4news-it/com

UpdateFor all the people who can not get the code from the Official Alpha Trial web site, the Global Battlefield Community Manager at DICE admitted another invitation Alpha wave is coming.

http://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/96231638572351488

Most of that article is fake, the only part that's real is the new wave that came. The article implies that all origin users can download the beta, but it's still being randomly distributed.

Oh and a heads up, nvidia users need the new beta drivers. Anything over 275.39 will work. I also had trouble with freezes and crashing to desktop when my secondary monitor was enabled. If you run into this issue give that a try.