XIM Community

Battlefield 3  (Read 234828 times)

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #150 on: 05:25 PM - 04/16/11 »
I can't wait... til they post some multiplayer stuff!

Single player looks great, don't get me wrong, and i'll play it... but GIMME JETS, TANKS, AND HELICOPTERS NOW!
NOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOW!

breath...

Offline Hai iRnewHERE

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Hai iRnewHERE
« Reply #151 on: 05:59 PM - 04/16/11 »
I can't wait... til they post some multiplayer stuff!

Single player looks great, don't get me wrong, and i'll play it... but GIMME JETS, TANKS, AND HELICOPTERS NOW!

breath...

This.

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
  • yea... its how those frenchies used to say my name
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 06:55 AM - 04/17/11 »
there were about 3 seconds of MP at the end of the 12 minute video, a bit in a tank and a bit in a jet... not much BUT...

as far as THIS battlefield nut is concerned, bf2 perfected vehicle physics.  While the bad company series seriously dumbed down those parts of the game to make them more console friendly, DICE has confirmed that the PC version of the game will get alot more attention in those areas, so Im hoping they will just keep bf2 physics for vehicles.....

curious about something though.. back to karkand pack contains wake, karkand, sharqi, and oman.. 4 amazing maps...  question about the physics engine...   tv station at sharqi:  how many tank shell will that building take before it collapses?  where will the cobra spawn if the building is destroyed?  how will that flag be cappable if the building is down?

hmmm
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III

Offline Hai iRnewHERE

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 10:55 PM - 04/17/11 »
Doubt that building will be completely destructible.  Not every building can collapse in BC2 and it would kind of ruin gameplay if key buildings were completely destroyed.

I refuse to fly choppers in BC2. I cannot believe how bad the F'd them up.  Flying in BF2 was loads of fun, back flips, barrel rolls and cyclone drops with the attack choppers while in an intense TV-missile battle never got old. The jets absolutely rocked, I was a HUGE F35 whore.  I LOVED that jet even though it was a missile magnet. 

damnit, now I gotta play a couple rounds.  Wake+F35= seckks

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #154 on: 01:45 AM - 04/18/11 »
yeah true that.. i can't fly choppers on BC2 and i lack patience to even try planes on Battlefield Heros, i don't get what they are trying to achieve but ground vehicles are amazing to use. Still i've seen people do all sorts of aerial things on both games...

i'm looking forward to the *free* PC version of Bf3  ;D
soon..

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 05:40 AM - 04/18/11 »
There is a battle field free to play website, its kinda like a cross between BFBC2 and BF2.
Its fun for half hour or so, then i get bored of the tanks n @#$%.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #156 on: 08:02 PM - 04/18/11 »
yeah true that.. i can't fly choppers on BC2 and i lack patience to even try planes on Battlefield Heros, i don't get what they are trying to achieve but ground vehicles are amazing to use. Still i've seen people do all sorts of aerial things on both games...

i'm looking forward to the *free* PC version of Bf3  ;D
There is a battle field free to play website, its kinda like a cross between BFBC2 and BF2.
Its fun for half hour or so, then i get bored of the tanks n @#$%.

yeah, that's what i was talking about. but the *free* Battlefield3 i mean is the hacked, probably onlineless one.. well if it gets online it would rock...

soon..

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 08:05 PM - 04/18/11 »

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/

:DD just thought I'd link for anyone not knowing about this.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline xXxDieselxXx

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 07:03 PM - 04/21/11 »
Go go go!  I just ordered mine :D

Battlefield 3 pre-order on Direct2Drive for $40 with promo code: BUNNY (25% off) Direct2Drive: Buy Battlefield 3 Download #BF3

Offline loudpanzer

• View Profile
    • skiesofblack forum
« Reply #159 on: 08:13 PM - 04/22/11 »
glenn we don't do enough bc2 together as is, but when BF3 comes out we gotta squad together man! it looks great!

though i have a feeling it might one-man-army it in the Jets.... wooo doggie i do love me some good jet action!! :P

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 07:13 AM - 04/24/11 »
I didn't like how the J10 outperformed every other jet in the game, especially when the F35 is way better...

But I did love the balance, and surprising the crap out of a cocky J10 driver with bomb sights up and gunning the crap out of them during strafing runs, or re-arms...

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #161 on: 07:42 AM - 04/24/11 »
I've never played any of the battlefield games.  I have to say, this one looks pretty @#$% cool though.  If the PS3 gets a good port, I might make the jump.  Resistance 3 looks like a lot of fun though, so I'm going to have to figure something out.  Only so much time in the day....

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline Hai iRnewHERE

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 10:07 AM - 04/24/11 »
I didn't like how the J10 outperformed every other jet in the game, especially when the F35 is way better...

But I did love the balance, and surprising the crap out of a cocky J10 driver with bomb sights up and gunning the crap out of them during strafing runs, or re-arms...

I hated flying the J10, way too unstable for bombing.  Great in dogfights but I mostly flew 300+meters in the clouds and dropped down to bomb and MG ground targets.

You're right though, anyone could get in a J10 and as long as you watch your 6, you can live the whole round.

I got really good at dropping down out of the clouds and MGing unaware J10 pilots but my favorite was leading them to their own demise. Since the F35 was more stable at high altitude I would provoke a chase and then go straight up, level out at 1,000m and then hit the burners and strato-run.  Most J10 pilots would attempt to chase and lose control floating off to outer space, in the count down to their death I would taunt the @#$% out of them, Great times!

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 08:05 PM - 04/24/11 »

I hated flying the J10, way too unstable for bombing.  Great in dogfights but I mostly flew 300+meters in the clouds and dropped down to bomb and MG ground targets.

You're right though, anyone could get in a J10 and as long as you watch your 6, you can live the whole round.

I got really good at dropping down out of the clouds and MGing unaware J10 pilots but my favorite was leading them to their own demise. Since the F35 was more stable at high altitude I would provoke a chase and then go straight up, level out at 1,000m and then hit the burners and strato-run.  Most J10 pilots would attempt to chase and lose control floating off to outer space, in the count down to their death I would taunt the @#$% out of them, Great times!

Absolutely... space racing was a crucial skill when going up against a J10 in an F18 as well. At those altitudes, missiles winked out too.

I always tried to hit the upper limit going straight up, that way you came down in a relatively linear fashion, cut engines, and when you entered the heavier air, light up the burners and repeat.

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 11:42 AM - 04/29/11 »
Thought this was interesting:

www.joystiq.com/2011/04/29/need-for-speed-the-run-detailed-racing-to-stores-nov-15/

"EA Black Box is at the wheel (as rumored), with EA DICE's Frostbite 2 engine under the hood."