XIM Community

Battlefield 3  (Read 234552 times)

Offline SingJai

• View Profile
    • Bay Area Pwnage [510]
  • Gamertag: Oakland Blocks
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #120 on: 06:21 PM - 03/31/11 »
I agree ranger but one of the gripes with PC was all we was getting was @#$% ports from console that wasn't utilizing there graphics.  Now it seems developers are finally realising that they make more on a PC game selling it for 20 under what they sell there xbox games for and finally putting some focus back into PC gaming.

I agree on the Friends thing completely but if PC gaming can offer the graphics, the gameplay and unique aspects of PC gaming then more will return to it a small percentage admittedly but enough to warrant playing both for me.

BF3 is going to be a different game on PC to xbox for many reasons such as player limits and map sizes. 

It's already a different game with BFBC2. PC has 32 players, better graphics, better FPS, faster movement without limitations.

Even with XIM3, BFBC2 on xbox feels handicapped with the current latest firmware.
http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=10540.msg148837#msg148837

My BFBC2 PC friends who has the XIM3 decided not to get BFBC2 for Xbox after my discovery. Console versions for the future Battlefield series are only for those "who has no choice."

The only reason why I got BFBC2 is because I am willing to spend the additional money to diversify my gaming options to different friends.

There is no console vs pc debate here. Money is your barrier, not what is better. PC is always better, money is your issue. There are plenty of people that has money and willing to spend it on a good gaming rig, or else there wouldn't be a market for PC components.

The problem with people who end up upgrading every 1.5years is that they are not building their system to future proof it, they are building it due to budget. When this happens, they end up constantly upgrading every year because they went cheapo on their hardware.

BF3 will demand much more than what consoles can offer, what will be interesting is how DICE will downgrade the game so it can run on consoles.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #121 on: 08:24 PM - 03/31/11 »
those gifs are amazing.. the lighting caught my attention, plus the dying just hit falling guy is awesome... i am now interested in this game.. i'm buying a brand new Sony Vaio SB with the i7 2620 and AMD 6630, i bet it won't go well on full but the medium to minimum game configs should go quite smooth, don't you agree?

wil try the game on the PC and then consider buying for the PS3  ;D
soon..

Offline SingJai

• View Profile
    • Bay Area Pwnage [510]
« Reply #122 on: 11:49 PM - 03/31/11 »
those gifs are amazing.. the lighting caught my attention, plus the dying just hit falling guy is awesome... i am now interested in this game.. i'm buying a brand new Sony Vaio SB with the i7 2620 and AMD 6630, i bet it won't go well on full but the medium to minimum game configs should go quite smooth, don't you agree?

I wouldnt recommend buying a laptop for BF3, in BFBC2, the bottleneck for the game was the CPU mostly. I would recommend a desktop gaming rig.

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
« Reply #123 on: 01:14 AM - 04/01/11 »
SingJai i agree with you somewhat but I get my hardware free and still play xbox for the social side and the much more minimized risk of hackers.  I have BC2 on PC, and all the COD's except BO's and many more games.

I know a lot of people in my industry too that can get "Samples" but yet still choose xbox because of the social side.
And BC2 is a different game on PC but it was designed for console where as the non bad company stuff was always PC based.  BF3 is going to be a PC game seriously dumbed down for console with bigger maps, much more players not just an additional 4 each side with the same size maps.

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 02:44 PM - 04/02/11 »

There is no console vs pc debate here. Money is your barrier, not what is better. PC is always better, money is your issue. There are plenty of people that has money and willing to spend it on a good gaming rig, or else there wouldn't be a market for PC components.

The problem with people who end up upgrading every 1.5years is that they are not building their system to future proof it, they are building it due to budget. When this happens, they end up constantly upgrading every year because they went cheapo on their hardware.

BF3 will demand much more than what consoles can offer, what will be interesting is how DICE will downgrade the game so it can run on consoles.

Been reading a couple of articles lately that said enthusiast level cards are eating into the profits of both Nvidia and AMD and they'll be shifting focus more and more on the mainstream market.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #125 on: 07:09 PM - 04/02/11 »

I wouldnt recommend buying a laptop for BF3, in BFBC2, the bottleneck for the game was the CPU mostly. I would recommend a desktop gaming rig.

seriously? who on earth would buy a PC just because of a Game? and if anyone did, that wouldn't surprize me in any way, but they would be buying a 13,3'' ? REALLY? don't you think you got things the opposite way?

i'm going to buy the Vaio for college and work. since the game is nice i will be trying it out on the pc. period.

geez.. if i wanted a pc to game a would buy a desktop as i don't currently own any.. or at least instead of the 13'' i would get a 14'' ate least, probably a 15''... like the Asus N53SN..

it has a i7 2630+ Nvidia GT550+ 32Gb max Ram. i don't see why it would have any trouble with medium or low configed BF3, the possible botleneck could only be the GPU...
and the i72620 is just a shame because its a 2core, still i think it would be more than enough for BF3.. the GPU is the only bottleneck,again...
soon..

Offline SingJai

• View Profile
    • Bay Area Pwnage [510]
« Reply #126 on: 09:53 PM - 04/02/11 »
the GPU is the only bottleneck,again...

CPU was the bottleneck for Frostbite 1.5 in BFBC2.

ATM, I can run 60FPS no issues with I7 [email protected] Quad Core with GTX480. Max Settings
30FPS with Fraps.

Overclocked at 3.2Ghz, I can fraps at 60FPS at Max Settings

My AMD Althon 6400+ Overclocked at 3.3Ghz Dual Core was suffering at 30FPS on Low settings with SLI 8800GTS

Same FPS when I popped in my GTX480 in to my AMD rig but was able to up it to Medium settings.
« Last Edit: 09:58 PM - 04/02/11 by SingJai »

Offline kayoussoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 10:04 PM - 04/02/11 »
Bad Company 2 loves Quad Core CPUs. I'm sure it will be even more important with BF3 and the new frostbite engine.

Offline bottron

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: dougbott
  • PSN ID: bottron
« Reply #128 on: 12:14 AM - 04/03/11 »
You can apparently drag fallen team mates. I'm guessing this will be for all classes. Imagine your squad gets downed short of a control point and you drag them into it to capture it faster? Or drag them around to spell stuff.

The thing that's got me jumping for joy? The "Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand" expansion will have 4 remastered maps from Battlefield 2. First time I'm getting a limited edition of a game. Just for Karkand.

Haha, agreed.
I am a robot.

Offline Hai iRnewHERE

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Hai iRnewHERE
« Reply #129 on: 12:19 AM - 04/03/11 »
Please, no more Karkand...noooooooooooooooooooo

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #130 on: 01:30 AM - 04/03/11 »

ATM, I can run 60FPS no issues with I7 [email protected] Quad Core with GTX480. Max Settings
30FPS with Fraps.

My AMD Althon 6400+ Overclocked at 3.3Ghz Dual Core was suffering at 30FPS on Low settings with SLI 8800GTS

Same FPS when I popped in my GTX480 in to my AMD rig but was able to up it to Medium settings.

Honestly, reading this further justifies why I don't game on PC. Money is certainly not my barrier. I simply can't get any enjoyment out of or support any gaming experience that would require this level involvement to get the most out of it.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #131 on: 02:32 AM - 04/03/11 »

30FPS with Fraps.

Honestly, reading this further justifies why I don't game on PC. Money is certainly not my barrier. I simply can't get any enjoyment out of or support any gaming experience that would require this level involvement to get the most out of it.
+1, that and the money barrier killed PC Gaming for me..

Geez, i get what you were saying, but i don't think even Frostbyte 2.0 will demand more than the LAST Gen Intel CPU's... i mean if you make a software that even the last CPU's can't handle, aren't you doing something wrong? what's the point?

i hate to dumd down things but in this matter it's kind of a demand.. that or the GPU industry discover some sort of miracle Core that tripples current GPU Muscle so it actually gets one step ahead of software demands..
soon..

Offline kayoussoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 04:14 AM - 04/03/11 »
PC gaming right now is probably cheaper than it has ever been. You can spend $500 on a gaming PC that will max out just about any game out there, or at least play on High.

The price to performance ratio for GPUs is better than I can ever remember. You can spend less than $200 on a GTX 460 or HD 6870 and have a a card good enough to play anything out on at least High settings.

There are 3 year old cards that can still play newer games without any problems because graphics have advanced so slowly over the past few years.
« Last Edit: 04:19 AM - 04/03/11 by kayoussoldier »

Offline reqless

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 04:15 AM - 04/03/11 »
Battlefield 3's graphics look fantastic, but I'll probably just get it on 360. Had too many problems with BC2 at release.

Although, I kind of want to give BC2 another chance, yesterday I was linked this pretty sweet montage from another forum I visit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2D2099_DjM

Guy plays the game like it's cod, lol
PC, PS4, & Switch | XIM Apex | M: ASUS VG248QE | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Corsair K95 | A: MMX300 + Mixamp | M: Zowie ZA12 | DPI: 3200

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 05:00 AM - 04/03/11 »
PC gaming right now is probably cheaper than it has ever been. You can spend $500 on a gaming PC that will max out just about any game out there, or at least play on High.

The price to performance ratio for GPUs is better than I can ever remember. You can spend less than $200 on a GTX 460 or HD 6870 and have a a card good enough to play anything out on at least High settings.

There are 3 year old cards that can still play newer games without any problems because graphics have advanced so slowly over the past few years.

Yeah, but when people talk about the PC experience they're not talking about a "good enough" $500 PC. They're talking about high end hardware. Because at $400 with an XBOX and Xim 3 you get a "good enough" PC like experience without the massive amount of hassle.

Personally, with a Xim and Xbox 360 combo I thought that PC gaming was pretty much worthless for the past few years. But games are starting to look, perform, and set themselves apart enough that the upcoming round of PC hardware is probably worth investing in despite all the shittiness that comes along with PC gaming. My threshold is, if you can run BF3 maxed at a steady 90 fps then I'm definitely getting a new PC.