XIM Community

Battlefield 3  (Read 234523 times)

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
  • yea... its how those frenchies used to say my name
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #105 on: 08:13 AM - 03/28/11 »
Major fail in bf2 was that squad leaders could only talk to the commander and not to each other...

On a side note did anyone ever play the bf2 pay to play mod bf2combat?

Amazing

I have to disagree, respectfully :) Major fail is a bit much, unless you are talking about playing with randoms who don't stay together in squads. The size and scope of the game without communicative structure would end up being a cluster F$%k. Commanders don't need to hear 12-32 voices. They have all the tools to scan the battlefield and act accordingly. The only fault here is the players who don't utilize the system effectively. Also, most servers would provide a vent/ts service and posted the info in their banners when you join, so if you don't like the ingame coms you could have used the vent/ts supplied.

It's funny you bring it up because it was never really an issue since randoms never used it and clans/friends would have rather used their own vent/ts.

nope

squad leaders need to be able to talk to each other..

SLs had squad chat and commander chat buttons... the commander chat button needs to speak to other SLs as well

yep yep
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 07:46 PM - 03/28/11 »
24 players on smaller maps on consoles.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4h2vpa3

Offline Hai iRnewHERE

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Hai iRnewHERE
« Reply #107 on: 07:50 PM - 03/28/11 »
lol, owned.

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 11:09 PM - 03/28/11 »
Yep, this generation is pretty much done. Once BF3 drops and the new gen of GPUs/CPU's with it, it's PC gaming all the way for the next two years.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 04:58 AM - 03/29/11 »
Dies betrifft hauptsächlich die Infanterie und wahrscheinlich auch den Platz für die Fahrzeuge. Der Luftraum für Jets fällt etwas größer aus, ob dieser jedoch an den der PC-Version rankommt, ist unklar.

at least it wont be a vehicle-only game on consoles
seems like the console will have planes as well, and the air space might be a bit bigger than on the pc

but maaaaan 64 players is like a million times better than 24 :(
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline DatBizzy

• Instant Chubby :3
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DatBizzy
« Reply #110 on: 07:06 AM - 03/29/11 »
Dies betrifft hauptsächlich die Infanterie und wahrscheinlich auch den Platz für die Fahrzeuge. Der Luftraum für Jets fällt etwas größer aus, ob dieser jedoch an den der PC-Version rankommt, ist unklar.

seems like the console will have planes as well, and the air space might be a bit bigger than on the pc

i disagree 64 sounds annoying as @#$% lol.
Setup

42" Insignia LED (Love it haters can F Off)
Xim3 Config -
   Razer Naga - 5700dpi - 125hz poll
   Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 07:56 AM - 03/29/11 »

i disagree 64 sounds annoying as @#$% lol.

wrong again... bf2 was the tits at 64 players... worst news ever that consoles get dumbed down

will be building a PC for this game for sure
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 09:06 AM - 03/29/11 »
Just got the new pc game and it specifically addresses consoles and their limitations. 

It mentions being able to get more out of them but also says that they are aging, and there just isn't as much as they can do with pc.

To wit: "We are going to make this game on 360 and ps3 as well, [but] we need to scale it down to  those platforms."

Also, "the hardware specs, on consoles, are limited. At the same time, for each iteration of these console platforms we can utilize them better and better..."

Sounds like pc will be the version to get, and they will start re-supporting features we've always had on pc versions before.

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 09:50 AM - 03/29/11 »
good news.. they ruined bc2 on PC making it console friendly

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
« Reply #114 on: 03:11 PM - 03/29/11 »
yeah the company I work for deals with EA over here in the UK and have some stuff going on with them  at the moment.  They mentioned today to a colleague there marketing money is more for PC than console too.  All of this indicates someone has come back to there roots :D

Offline SingJai

• View Profile
    • Bay Area Pwnage [510]
  • Gamertag: Oakland Blocks
« Reply #115 on: 01:29 AM - 03/31/11 »

Honestly, BC2 was solid for a PC game. Playing XIM3 on BFBC2 is no comparison. BFBC2 is a spin off from BF2, its more infantry oriented with a BF style.

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 04:15 AM - 03/31/11 »
Was that a variant of the SIG 550 in the "new" video?

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 05:23 AM - 03/31/11 »

Bc2 had a it's own frostbite engine built just for Dx11 and the pc which was far from the console version.
 -There is no comparison between the two.

Offline rangerlump

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 11:43 AM - 03/31/11 »
So now that this thread has officially shifted to a PC vs Console thread.....

I have been a PC gamer since Wolf3D and only 3 months ago did I finally get a 360. While we can all agree that hardware and GFX are all superior on the PC, the one thing that really decides what is better is "friends".

I was the last of my online and RL friends to finally convert over to console, and I will tell ya what, it is lonely over there in PC land. I  prestiged several times on Blops, and leveled all the way up in BFBC2 on PC and it was a long boring ride.....

Most everage people dont wanna dump $300 into new video cards ever 1.5 years just to be able to play a game. On a console, even though the GFX arent the best, atleast I know the game will run out of the gate without any driver-rollbacks and Service Pack upgrades etc.

Outside of MMO's and upcoming Diablo 3, I just use my PC now to check for updated Xim3 firmwares....

my 3 cents, we back on BF3 topic yet?

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
« Reply #119 on: 12:25 PM - 03/31/11 »
I agree ranger but one of the gripes with PC was all we was getting was @#$% ports from console that wasn't utilizing there graphics.  Now it seems developers are finally realising that they make more on a PC game selling it for £20 under what they sell there xbox games for and finally putting some focus back into PC gaming.

I agree on the Friends thing completely but if PC gaming can offer the graphics, the gameplay and unique aspects of PC gaming then more will return to it a small percentage admittedly but enough to warrant playing both for me.

BF3 is going to be a different game on PC to xbox for many reasons such as player limits and map sizes.