Battlefield 3  (Read 234566 times)

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: H3X AntiStyle
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #90 on: 12:09 PM - 03/16/11 »
@#$% console. Playing CS S showed me that PC players DO have mics, so BF3 will be flippin awesome.
And my friends somehow don't think that BF is the best thing ever so eh.

The M on the cover is supposed to let you know you need to be mature.

Offline Hai iRnewHERE

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Hai iRnewHERE
« Reply #91 on: 12:41 PM - 03/16/11 »
@#$%?  Of course PC players have mics.  I've never played an FPS game with so little teamwork/talking till BC2 on console.  When I played BF2 on PC I don't think I ever when 1 round in 5 years without talking to my squad/team.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 01:31 PM - 03/16/11 »
@#$%?  Of course PC players have mics.  I've never played an FPS game with so little teamwork/talking till BC2 on console.  When I played BF2 on PC I don't think I ever when 1 round in 5 years without talking to my squad/team.

yeah, on the console most people play through their tv with the sound coming out of the tv
on a pc you dont have this so most people chose headsets
bf is about a lot of organisation, cs is more about organising before the round and then be quiet to hear the opponent & some short calls
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 03:46 PM - 03/16/11 »
They really need to open up the coms to the entire team rather than limiting it to the squad.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline dub

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Cheerful Dub
« Reply #94 on: 04:14 PM - 03/16/11 »
I'm really hoping for proximity chat with localized lip-sync for inter-squad chatter... a man can dream, right? :)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 04:17 PM - 03/16/11 »
yes, i mean even if you re in a squad with 3 other people and their mics, you will only know about the stuff happening near their places
no chance to get a call about an attack somewhere else, you will notice about it once the opponent already caught the lag
not very well thought, the only way to get around this is playing with a party i guess 
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 01:55 AM - 03/17/11 »
They really need to open up the coms to the entire team rather than limiting it to the squad.

This. A thousand times, this. The lack of global team chat in Bad Company completely destroyed the chance of greater cooperation. It is hard enough getting random people to talk strategically with one another without gimping their ability to communicate. While it won't be a problem for those who can use third-party software, that doesn't make implementing squad chat any more acceptable.

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
« Reply #97 on: 09:34 AM - 03/17/11 »
Yeah it would be cool to have a squad leader,  squad leaders could all communicate with each other.

Does anyone know if commanders are coming back?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 11:54 AM - 03/17/11 »
Yeah it would be cool to have a squad leader,  squad leaders could all communicate with each other.

Does anyone know if commanders are coming back?

reminds me of the beginning of bf2
everyone wanted to be commander right at the start, and once you had it you covered below a house where no one could see you and you ended up 1st on the server if you knew at least a bit of how a commander needs to act like ;)

Offline Drow Elf Drizzt

• MVP
  • It's Like Nerdvana
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drow Elf Drizzt
« Reply #99 on: 11:45 AM - 03/22/11 »

Offline brutalclothing

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: brutalkoolaids
« Reply #100 on: 12:12 PM - 03/22/11 »
dude i still play bf2 on occasion, if anyone still plays hit me up.  mods for that game are amazing, hope they come back, wait who am i kidding.... of course they are coming back.  pretty sure bf1942 was the last major change to how fps's are played online.
Brutal Clothing - My sole proprietorship

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
« Reply #101 on: 12:18 PM - 03/22/11 »
I'm already planning a new PC build around this :D

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
  • yea... its how those frenchies used to say my name
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 12:20 PM - 03/22/11 »
Major fail in bf2 was that squad leaders could only talk to the commander and not to each other...

On a side note did anyone ever play the bf2 pay to play mod bf2combat?

Amazing
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III

Offline jas0n

• KA PAOW!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 03:58 AM - 03/26/11 »
Major fail in bf2 was that squad leaders could only talk to the commander and not to each other...

On a side note did anyone ever play the bf2 pay to play mod bf2combat?

Amazing

I have to disagree, respectfully :) Major fail is a bit much, unless you are talking about playing with randoms who don't stay together in squads. The size and scope of the game without communicative structure would end up being a cluster F$%k. Commanders don't need to hear 12-32 voices. They have all the tools to scan the battlefield and act accordingly. The only fault here is the players who don't utilize the system effectively. Also, most servers would provide a vent/ts service and posted the info in their banners when you join, so if you don't like the ingame coms you could have used the vent/ts supplied.

It's funny you bring it up because it was never really an issue since randoms never used it and clans/friends would have rather used their own vent/ts.
Xim3+Xim2 (Xbox 360 Controller Wired)
Logitech G15v2 + G13
Logitech G500
Astro MixAmp + Beyerdynamic DT880
Sennheiser HD598 AD700
Mw3 spawns are so bad that I was playing on Seatown and spawned in Dome. hahaha sry

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 09:25 AM - 03/26/11 »
I agree on a game like bc2, that global chat was a huge fail, mostly because the teams were smaller. On a 32 man team it would be like the Tower of Babel.

That being said, I have yet to join a pc game of bc2 and hear anyone using squad chat. Last time I played (admittedly that was a long time ago), I couldn't even get it to work! The push to talk function in the game never worked for me, and the only thing I heard was the occasional static of someone trying to get it to work.

Squad leaders should have communications, and the commander feature was awesome in bf2. I think it should come back, with the same lines open.

Either way, I'm getting this game, and I'm getting it for pc. I don't care if I can play it on full settings. Hell, most of the time I turned stuff down for better frame rates, even with a high end (for the time), rig.

One last thing: I hope they can finally get an sdk together for this too, cause making/playing Mods was awesome! I loved tricking out the cobra/f18/A10 and just blasting the daylight out of a 64 bot single player map!

EDIT: I meant global chat on BF2 WOULD BE a major fail, and that hopefully an sdk for the frostbite2 engine... so I don't sound like a total idiot... however rare that is!
« Last Edit: 04:42 AM - 03/29/11 by JerginsSoft »