Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #15 on: 01:36 PM - 02/05/11 »
both i think :s

Offline Hai iRnewHERE

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Hai iRnewHERE
« Reply #16 on: 09:50 PM - 02/05/11 »
I assume the maps with the jets on them are going to be fairly large. I hope they limit the bottlenecks in maps, also. open, square maps; need a few.
Have you ever played BF2?  lol, the maps are HUGEEEEEEE.

I will be building a whole new PC JUST for BF3.   

I'll be playing it on the 360 with my XIM3.

Wont be the same game, tbh.

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12:59 AM - 02/06/11 »
I'm certain that it will be good enough on 360 that whatever ways they streamlined the gameplay, for me it will still outweigh the hassle that comes with playing on PC.

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07:02 AM - 02/06/11 »
Pc will definitely be the platform to get.  I can't imagine most of those maps played with 16 people a side.  Some would be ok, but for the most part I love the massive scale of it all.  Bc2 was kind of a disappointment in this regard, at first, but after playing it I can see why no servers offer a larger player count/ticket count.

I hope they put real A-10's in it too, right off the bat.

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06:55 PM - 02/06/11 »
I think a decent solution would be if they created tiered maps like in BF2. Except console gamers got only medium sized maps but they'd split one map into two. For example they could take three CPs from Karkand and create one map and then another three CPs from Karkand and create a map called Karkand 2. That way console gamers would get maps catered to it's limitation and still not be missing out on content.

*Edit*

Saw a tweet on the PB site:

ScottGrill
"64 is fine. Loved it in BF2. Why only 24 on the PS3 and Xbox 360 though? Hardware limitations? No dedicated servers?"

ChristinaCoffin
"we'll support as many as we can +maybe extra provided it maintains the integrity of the play experience"

Offline loudpanzer

• View Profile
    • skiesofblack forum
« Reply #20 on: 12:10 AM - 02/07/11 »
You'll be playing "it" alright. But "it" will be a Googleplex of years behind what the pc people will be playing .

Have fun ! Don't forget to smile and act as if your  impressed with your  6 yr old tech's graphic capabilities.    ;)

not to mention locked at 30 fps most [email protected][email protected]

I think a decent solution would be if they created tiered maps like in BF2. Except console gamers got only medium sized maps but they'd split one map into two. For example they could take three CPs from Karkand and create one map and then another three CPs from Karkand and create a map called Karkand 2. That way console gamers would get maps catered to it's limitation and still not be missing out on content.

I agree... I just dont see how they could do full size 64 player maps without dedicated servers for the PC...

anyways we know that Jets are coming back so I a certain that maps will be plenty large enough for epic 64 player battles!

Jergin imagine A10's with the new frostbyte engine... strafing runs= no more houses hahaha!

I am also really happy that they will not be supporting DX9 (pretty much boot legging XP for good now)
DX10 gpus have been out for like...... 4 if not 5 years now!!? im probably wrong though not thinking clear atm l0l

Offline beebster

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08:28 PM - 02/07/11 »
I assume the maps with the jets on them are going to be fairly large. I hope they limit the bottlenecks in maps, also. open, square maps; need a few.
Have you ever played BF2?  lol, the maps are HUGEEEEEEE.

Awesome then.

I didn't play BF2 too long to remember much. :/ missed out i know.

Offline SingJai

• View Profile
    • Bay Area Pwnage [510]
  • Gamertag: Oakland Blocks
« Reply #22 on: 09:23 PM - 02/07/11 »
This was my facebook post on Saturday.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!! *SCREAMING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL* ADOKHSDJLHDJA
Teaser Trailer Battlefield 3
www.youtube.com
Released to soon by EA Russia I am guessing but here it is. Watch quick I'm sure it'll be blocked soon. I own nothing. All rights to their respected to owners and all that.
Saturday at 12:21pm Privacy:Friends of Friends LikeUnlike Share

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09:44 PM - 02/07/11 »
Some in game screens from the game informer article up on the Planet Battlefield site.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/

Offline SuponjiBobu

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12:47 PM - 02/08/11 »
"We won't make it for console and port it to PC -- that's not how we do things," Bach says. "We're focusing on PC first, and then we fiddle with it to fit it onto consoles."

Offline sleetish

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01:15 PM - 02/08/11 »
If this game is anything like battlefield2 , its going to be a monster hit. I remember playing bf1942 and battlefield desert combat on pc , those were golden times. I enjoyed them so much but then the hackers started crashing on every server and destroyed the games. It just took the fun out of it.

My bf1942 days are the most fun I've ever had as a gamer.

I even got to work a little bit on a major mod for it.  I miss those days.

Offline Drow Elf Drizzt

• MVP
  • It's Like Nerdvana
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drow Elf Drizzt
« Reply #26 on: 02:16 PM - 02/08/11 »
I have always hated EA fps, but with IW there and BLoPs being the complete piece of crap that needed another year or 2 worth of work, I don't really see any harm in giving this one a shot. Hell may wind up being a fun game :)

Offline loudpanzer

• View Profile
    • skiesofblack forum
« Reply #27 on: 03:09 PM - 02/08/11 »
"We won't make it for console and port it to PC -- that's not how we do things," Bach says. "We're focusing on PC first, and then we fiddle with it to fit it onto consoles."

so epic...

i hope that they prepare a little better for launch date, cause with bc2 they were a bit unprepared and was a lot of server problems and etc.

Offline SuponjiBobu

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11:17 PM - 02/08/11 »
First look:

Offline SuponjiBobu

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11:23 PM - 02/08/11 »

-Aiming for CY Q4 2011 release
 -Concept for BF3 has been in the works for years, waiting on proper tech to seamlessly come together
 -Frostbite 2.0 is the culmination of this tech, entirely re-written
 -Lighting sounds neat; one "probe" contains more lighting information than an entire BFBC2 level.
 -Level destruction is going to be "believable" but basically everything is destructible.
 -Character animations powered by ANT, what EA Sports uses.
 -AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation sets
 -No more "gliding" animations that look off, animation realism is a focus
 -Captured their own war audios (bullets, tanks, helicopters, etc) at different distances to ensure realism
 -Better audio cues for certain actions, more easily able to listen for threats
 -Plan on better, more immediate post release content
 -More unlocks than BFBC2
 -Dice trying to find a good balance between customization of your character and not having "pink rabbit hat(s)"
 -4 classes
 -Will talk about squads "later"
 -Looking into a theater mode but can't talk about it
 -Will have co-op
 -There will be a kill-cam but it can be turned off
 -BF3's team is almost twice as big as the team for BFBC2
 -They want the pacing of the single player mode to be balanced, with highs and lows. Makes the comparison to a song vs a guitar solo.
 -Part of the single player mode takes place in Sulaymaniyah - Iraqi Kurdistan.
 -"F**k" will be used often, so M rates for sure
 -Significant narrative that goes with the SP mode
 -More than one setting, you're not in the middle east for the whole game
-PC version is lead version
-Why 64 players for PC only? No complains from the console crowd.  24 players for consoles. -No mod tools at release. Maybe none down the line either. Frosbite 2.0 is complex and mods tools would have to be dumbed down, so does Dice really want to put their time to that or would it be better spent elsewhere?