XIM Community

Battlefield 3  (Read 244405 times)

Offline jboyse

• XIM3 Rules!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulztealer
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #45 on: 08:31 PM - 02/24/11 »
Well this may be a little premature but I am so excited about this game that I just pre ordered it!!! Hell Ya
Fragem and Bagem

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04:42 PM - 02/25/11 »
Hopefully my game of the year :D

Offline SuponjiBobu

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 05:02 PM - 02/25/11 »
I'll just leave these here...

Offline BrianDee

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 05:04 PM - 02/25/11 »
Would be nice if they have dedicated servers for xbox. They could run 64 players then I would guess

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09:22 PM - 02/25/11 »
They used dedicated servers for all battlefields on consoles (actually, not sure about Modern Combat). They did a great job with BC1 and 1943 servers too. Rarely laggy and you could always find a full ranked server even at 1am and even when BC2 launched. I don't know what happened with BC2 but east coast servers were terrible. You had a better chance at getting a low lag game by hooking up with some Brits.

Consoles don't really need 64 player servers. I remember that 64 was even too much in the urban maps and Songhua Stalemate. Then you have to take into account that gamepads just can't handle the hectic nature of a Battlefield 2. 48 players was the sweet spot on PC and for consoles it would be closer to 40.

Offline nickm6

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 01:39 AM - 02/26/11 »
I disagree, 64 players on some of the bigger maps is great with infantry only, you can get HUGE killstreaks and by killstreak's I don't mean getting rewarded for being a better player then the other guy(looking at you cod :o .) I put like maybe 500 hours of gameplay into BF2. Probably 250 of those were on 64 player infantry only maps haha. Also snipers can just drool at the idea of there always being multiple targets on-screen.

I have been waiting for BF3 for so long so excited!1!11!!

Offline Hai iRnewHERE

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Hai iRnewHERE
« Reply #51 on: 02:58 AM - 02/26/11 »
I see your 500 hours and raise you over 2000 hours......lol.

Daqing Oilfileds w/ 64 players; 4 Attack choppers, 2 transport choppers, 2 Strike fighter jets, 2 bomber jets, 4 mobile AA, a dozen tanks, a dozen fast mover jeeps/DPV's, 4 APC's all waging war at the same time....ahh the good ol' days, how I miss them.

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
« Reply #52 on: 05:16 AM - 02/26/11 »
I just cant see xbox getting anywhere near the PC version.  Xbox will be 24 players PC will be 64 i cant see that the maps will be the same size for both.....

If they reduce the size of the maps for console you would get in a jet take off and be outside the map lol.

Offline ISheeper

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 05:29 AM - 02/26/11 »
I just cant see xbox getting anywhere near the PC version.  Xbox will be 24 players PC will be 64 i cant see that the maps will be the same size for both.....

If they reduce the size of the maps for console you would get in a jet take off and be outside the map lol.
My thoughts exactly...

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 02:15 PM - 02/26/11 »
I disagree, 64 players on some of the bigger maps is great with infantry only, you can get HUGE killstreaks and by killstreak's I don't mean getting rewarded for being a better player then the other guy(looking at you cod :o .) I put like maybe 500 hours of gameplay into BF2. Probably 250 of those were on 64 player infantry only maps haha. Also snipers can just drool at the idea of there always being multiple targets on-screen.

I have been waiting for BF3 for so long so excited!1!11!!

Yeah, but I was talking about urban maps. Karkand, Sharqi, Mushtar, Warlord, Ghost Town. Or even Mass Destruction and Songhua Stalemate. For gamepad users on consoles 20 vs 20 on those maps would be fine.

I have about 1300 put into BF2/SF but would never touch a jet map and especially not infantry only. Which I doubt there would be an option for on consoles anyway. You could have a good time on the biggest version of those maps with even just 32 players.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 02:31 PM - 02/26/11 »

maybe they use those maps for rush on the console then
map is divided into 3 parts and its rush, should work out with 24 players
pc instead plays it as conquest but on the full map

btw karkand 64 was awsome
right at the start you ran down the hill, threw some nade into the first basement and there you had like 3 kills or more
uav also usually displayed like 10-15 opponents on your screen when trying to invade an opponents outpost with just 2 others lol
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 04:23 AM - 02/27/11 »
Why does XBOX live limit its player games to 24? That's stupid.
I am Spartacus!

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
« Reply #57 on: 06:28 AM - 02/27/11 »
currently its something EA are working on.  There having problems with stats.  Xbox itself isnt limited to it as homefront will feature 32 players.

Who knows BF3 on console may end up being more than 24 players when released but they need to work on the stats bug which is what there doing right now.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #58 on: 11:46 AM - 02/27/11 »
It's not a matter of console limitations, it's the actual horsepower needed to track the actions of that many players and also to handle the extra explosions and everything else associated with more players. If the consoles tried to do it, the framerate would drop to crap. PCs can handle it.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Messerli

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 03:30 PM - 02/27/11 »
Do you all think BF3 will look that much better on 360 than current games do? I'm debating staying on 360 for this or blowing a whole bunch of money (that I don't have) for a new computer just for the game to look nice.