XIM Community

1 apex, 1 mouse mx600 and a frag fx  (Read 391 times)

Offline Goldorak

• View Profile
1 apex, 1 mouse mx600 and a frag fx
« on: 12:22 PM - 02/22/20 »
Hello there!

My setup is working but I want to understand. Until I change my mouse, this what I have.

I'm playing solo Doom on Xbox one with those setup:  https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=43775.0#post_X10B2

My old FragFx device for Ps3 is set for controlling movement (and some buttons)

I don't use the mouse from the FragFx. Buttons reacts half a second later after clicking and I must hold them to work. But the aiming is fast (like a controller) without the flashing red light on the Apex.

I use my old Mx600 mouse for aiming. Set at 70 for sentivity without the flashing red light on the Apex. But it react much slower than the fragfx mouse and the controller. I must set it to 200 to get something similar, but the Apex is flashing red. I'm confortable at that setting. I turn off the notification of red flashing on the app.

Why is there so much difference between the two mice? One exceed the console limit, the other not, for the same "head movement".

This is what I don't get.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: 1 apex, 1 mouse mx600 and a frag fx
« Reply #1 on: 11:12 AM - 02/23/20 »
I'm not familiar with these mice, but, the one you said never hit maximum turn speed?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Goldorak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:59 PM - 02/24/20 »
I wanted to retest my setup before replying. Now it's funnier because no mouse of mine do not hit the maximum turn speed.

Is it good?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 10:48 AM - 02/25/20 »
Even if you turn your XIM sensitivity all the way up, you never see the light? If not, can you verify that you haven't disabled that light notification?

Offline Goldorak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:39 PM - 02/25/20 »
It's my fault.... now I turn on the light notification.... ;)   I'll try to explain clearly.

Sensitivity at 200.

FragFx mouse: it take me 2 swipe to turn on myself. It feels fast. No red light notification.

Mx600 mouse: it take me 3 swipe to turn on myself. A bit slower but confortable. Yes the red light flashes.

All is pluged at the same time.

This is the FragFx wired I have: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/reviews/fragfx-splitfish-gameware-fragfx-v2-se-standard-edition-controller-for-playstation-3/9494736

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 10:54 AM - 02/26/20 »
It takes you 2 to 3 swipes to turn around at sensitivity 200? Is this true even when you don't hit maximum in-game turn speed? What is to the DPI on your mice?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:09 AM - 02/26/20 »
The difference between the two mice are their dpi. Your logitech most likely runs 400 dpi while the fragfx may run 800 dpi or so. You would want to have at least 3000 dpi though for precise and responsive mouse movements with the xim. Id recommend you to try it with a gaming mouse that is known to have onboard memory so the dpi adjustments carry over to the xim (another thing that both of your mice probably dont have). For example the logitech g102 or g203 are fairly cheap yet are excellent picks when it comes to playing with the xim.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Goldorak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:14 PM - 02/26/20 »
I retrieved some infos and some retesting. Still at 200 sensitivity on the app. Still the same settings in game (Doom).

Xbox One controller: way too fast on turning. Uncontrollable.

Mx600: 800 dpi. Cannot change it. Still 3 turn on myself to do a 360, with red light flashing.

FragFx: I (re)discover the left hand part (half controller)have a sensitivity dial for the wired mouse with it, numbered 1 to 9. At 9, uncontrollable, same speed as the controller. At 2, same speed as the Mx600 but without red flashing light.

So, I seem to have the same turning speed on both mice but with different outcome for the flashing notification. This is what I don't get. So if the Apex is flashing, there is no bad effect? For the controller, the Apex, the console?

Eventually I will change my Mx600. It feels confortable but it has not enough buttons. Thx for the suggestions.