XIM Community

Hunt: Showdown PS4  (Read 9897 times)

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
Re: Hunt: Showdown PS4
« Reply #30 on: 02:02 AM - 02/28/20 »
Xim did a really bad job on Hunt xBox

I purchased and moved to PC becuase they just cant get the aim right, its an unpredictable shitt

swipe the mouse slowly - slow ingame sensitivity
swipe the mouse at normal speed - normal ingame sensitivity
swipe the mouse ver fast - very slow ingame sensitivity

you cant know how much to swipe to get to the same point twice or follow a target properly

I am still hoping that with the PS4 release they will invest more in adding a propper support for Hunt on both xBox and PS4

How did XIM do a bad job exactly, if the game is a turd with a bad mechanic then that is the best XIM can achieve, If you polish a turd it is still a turd.

Swipe mouse slowly, slow in game turn speed  = Correct
Swipe mouse at normal speed, Normal turn speed = Correct   BUT.. Define NORMAL SPEED
Swipe mouse very fast, slow turn speed = You have exceeded the pre-set game max turn speed, the XIM will be flashing at you telling you so (unless you turned that function off), But you blame the XIM because you don't understand what is happening.

Offline devianm

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02:49 PM - 02/29/20 »
You are so ignorant its not even worth replying to you kiddo

to sum it up:

How did XIM do a bad job exactly, if the game is a turd with a bad mechanic then that is the best XIM can achieve, If you polish a turd it is still a turd.

When you have custom hardware and software sitting in the middle, there is something you can do about it, thats how. The game is not a turd, but somebody is.

You have exceeded the pre-set game max turn speed, the XIM will be flashing at you telling you so (unless you turned that function off), But you blame the XIM because you don't understand what is happening.

so then why when i swipe very fast and hit the max turns speed, its the slowest?
fast swipe (should) = fast turn (max speed limit), no matter what the max turn limit is

But you blame the XIM because you don't understand what is happening.
enlighten me Yoda

The game look mechanic is... different. Which xim cant handle

Xim has this game listed as supported in the forum (with a U, cable company practice)

Now you fanboy kiddo stop raging and read the above multiple times before the one cell left in your head produces a spark

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08:30 PM - 02/29/20 »
When you have custom hardware and software sitting in the middle, there is something you can do about it, thats how. The game is not a turd, but somebody is.

Yep.  the guy who is complaining about a team of engineers who tried to do the impossible by supporting a game which should not have been supported, in doing so the needed to create a disclaimer that stated the game as having unpredictable behaviour do to a incomplete or unpredictable aim mechanic which will negatively effect your experience.
Which for anyone with an ounce of intelligence translates to..
It may not work very well, you have been warned.

The problem with the turn speed Vs mouse speed applies to EVERY game, there is very simple way to stop it from happening, but I'll let you figure that out for yourself. I am clearly just way too much of an ignorant fanboy kid to help others do things I have been doing for years.

Some people understand what is happening with the turn speeds but apparently those are the ignorant ones.
Some people have a clue what the XIM can and cannot do, but those are the ignorant ones.

Apparently those that have a clue are fanboy kids.

I can tell you this,  there are very few XIM users who would continue to use the XIM if there was a better solution on offer, but no other publicly available solution is even close.
Most of those who have used the XIM since the XIM 3 or even earlier, use it because they are intelligent enough to understand what a fantastic feat of engineering it truly is.

Does it work with every game? No
Is it perfect? No
Does it turn your console into a PC? No

Does it allow a dedicated PC gamer the option of gaming with their console friends but still allow them to have  the control method they are accustomed to?   Absolutely Yes.

Even if a bad game mechanic allows the XIM to be used, and it's still be better than the controller for someone that isn't at all comfortable with a controller.

There was no rage in my answer, I not the adolescent child who rages about things that don't work properly because I don't understand them.
If the statements I made were too difficult for you to comprehend, that's not my problem, and if you're not an adolescent child, then don't act like one,  get a grasp of the answers you are given and try to appreciate the work that goes in to making circa 200 Smart translators, that are given to us FREE OF CHARGE.

Offline xWillly-

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08:51 AM - 03/14/20 »
For anyone still looking for an ST that works decently until they release one for PS4 try using the ST for Hunt Showdown for Xbox again. I switched back to controller for a while but being a gamer in my 40's I just can't play with thumbsticks like I used to. So I went back to trying to figure out something usable until an official ST.

The main thing is to use Turning Strength at 300 and much lower sense on everything else IN GAME. I know it sounds opposite of everything else for every other game we use Xim for but this game has really odd look mechanics.

Here are my IN GAME setings:

Control Scheme: Hunter
Default X-Axis: 1.10
Default Y-Axis: 0.50
Shoulder Aim X-Axis: 0.45
Shoulder Aim Y-Axis: 0.15
Aim Down Sights X-Axis: 0.45
Aim Down Sights Y-Axis: 0.20
Aim Down Sights Multipliers all set to 0.7
Turning Extra Strength: 300

Here are my Xim settings:

Using 1600 DPI 1000 polling rate
Sync is SLOW for this game since this game struggles to even reach 30 fps
HIP Sense: 5.00
ADS Sense: 10.00

I use a Ballistic Curve on HIP that just goes from the bottom left corner straight up to the H in hip. This seems to help with the Turn Cap limit.

Give this a try if you've been having a hard time with this game. You may need to tweak things to your liking but it's as good as I could get for now.

Offline oliv237h

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11:24 AM - 03/16/20 »
Interesting , I will try your setting tonight then ...
 Dayz ST is also a good choice, I ll also try it with your in-game setting's

Offline xWillly-

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04:03 PM - 03/16/20 »
Interesting , I will try your setting tonight then ...
 Dayz ST is also a good choice, I ll also try it with your in-game setting's

I've changed my Y axis for shoulder and ADS to the same as my X axis. I had it lower while using the controller to keep my aim at headshot level more consistently. Not really necessary with the mouse.

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #36 on: 09:30 PM - 04/01/20 »
still no ps4 profile for this game?

Offline Lobo_ilustrisimo

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: lobo_ilustrisimo
« Reply #37 on: 04:13 PM - 04/14/20 »
Hello

Now they have also deleted the Xbox configuration, are they working on one for ps4?
Thanks

Admin