XIM Community

xim2 error 402 when opening and closing software too often  (Read 841 times)

Offline bloodyrazer

• View Profile
hello guys i hope i am in the right section for this. so i used my xim2 on windows 10 for a while and it does work flawlessly but there is one small problem. when i quit the software like two or three times my pc doesn't recognize the controller anymore. it starts giving me the "error 402" message and i can't use it until i restart my computer. since i only need to restart it seems to be a software problem. also when it doesn't recognize it anymore i have to click on the software twice because when i click once it starts a process but it won't open the gui. i hope you guys know what the problem is.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Welcome to the community. After you close things down, in Task Manager, do you see the process go away?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline bloodyrazer

• View Profile
Thanks for the greeting. The process closes down but when i go to the "details" tab in taskmanager it still shows the "xim.exe".

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Yes, that means it's actually not closing down. If you kill that (xim.exe) does it work after that?

Offline bloodyrazer

• View Profile
When I click on it once it doesn't show up under "processes" it only shows up at the "details" tab. When I click on it the second time the program is visible in the "processes" tab but there are two instances of it running in the "details" tab. When I kill everything it does the same thing again.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
So if you kill all XIM.exe's under Details and restart it still happens?