XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Xim Apex Power faulting since new firmware update (ps4)  (Read 203 times)

Offline swazi

• View Profile
I have had my Xim Apex for probably 1 1\2 years and I have had trouble with it power faulting to the point where it just needed restarting and that simply would fix the issue I was having.

I have a Razor Naga + Razor Tartarus hooked up to my HUB

The lights have been turned off and have been that way for the majority of the time having this device.
 It was acting funny last week by power faulting and this week it would constantly trip.

I have made a new config for Overwatch because the Manager told me to..

The Hub connects to the computer just fine, the Xim Apex updates and everything just fine to the computer.

The controller is fully charged.

I have tried factory resetting my Xim Apex.

I have narrowed down the issue to my Razor Naga everytime I plug it in with or without the Tatarus plugged in it trips a power issue.

Could this be an issue on the firmware?

« Last Edit: 11:16 AM - 02/15/20 by OBsIV »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim Apex Power faulting since new firmware update (ps4)
« Reply #1 on: 11:16 AM - 02/15/20 »
Welcome to the community. That's strange since there are no changes to the firmware that affect power fault behavior (it's all done in hardware). Does it happen when you aren't using the mouse? I'm wondering if there is a problem with the mouse itself. Do you happen to have another mouse you can try out in the time being to help isolate the problem?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline swazi

• View Profile
as stated in the first post it does not happen without the mouse.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Razer gear is notoriously power-hungry. What is likely happening is the console is not able to supply enough power to the devices connected to XIM APEX, which triggers a disconnect.

If you have one handy, try replacing the XIM APEX USB hub with a powered USB hub. Connect the mouse, keyboard and controller to the powered USB hub.

This solved similar issues I was having with Razer mice a couple of XIM generations ago and I haven't had a problem since, except for a couple of faulty USB cables (which is something else to test).

Also, ensure the controller is fully charged before connecting to XIM APEX. Even a slightly discharged controller may cause the console to disconnect.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts