XIM Community

Apex Legends ST needs retraining  (Read 5198 times)

Offline lev33

• View Profile
Re: Apex Legends ST needs retraining
« Reply #60 on: 11:35 AM - 02/29/20 »
Doesnít really matter how they do it just need to make sure itís without extra pitch and yaw.

Yeah I'm afraid there won't be any big changes like ALC being used, since Xbox version doesn't look to be getting retrained at all.   Still hoping I'm wrong though  :(

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=30363.msg801367#msg801367

XBOX needs a new apex ST, too.

Offline lev33

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 11:38 AM - 02/29/20 »
I believe only PS4 has changed (at least, this is what I believe I heard from mist4fun) which will be updated.

How come XBOX isnt getting another Apex ST? Itís just as badly needed as PS4.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #62 on: 12:03 PM - 02/29/20 »
I believe only PS4 has changed (at least, this is what I believe I heard from mist4fun) which will be updated.

I'll follow up with mist4fun, but, I don't believe he said it actually changed based on the results of the trainer. If it has, then, it'll be updated.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Tetsurobash

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Apollo-ZuEs-LeTo
« Reply #63 on: 12:44 PM - 02/29/20 »

I'll follow up with mist4fun, but, I don't believe he said it actually changed based on the results of the trainer. If it has, then, it'll be updated.

It needs to be trained without extra pitch and yaw in the equation. Take a look for yourself... itís an aim mechanic that is only present when your crosshairs arenít near an opponent. It would be a waste of time training with it present. The community is smart enough to use ALC values.

Offline lev33

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 02:00 PM - 02/29/20 »

It needs another ST (potentially can keep the current one and just add a new one alongside it). The ST should be trained with Advanced Look Controls enabled with a low deadzone and most importantly without extra pitch and extra yaw on ADS. Those variables are making the current default ST feel extremely slow and unresponsive, hence why you have a ton of threads on these boards with people using Titan Fall 2 ST or Advanced Look Controls (which do not gel with your current ST).

The default settings prescribed by the current ST keep the turn speed far below what it could be with Advanced Look Controls.

I feel like you guys are not paying attention to what we have said for months about these problems.

Offline lev33

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 02:17 PM - 02/29/20 »
OBs please also see Tetsuroís post and short video here on the issue: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=30363.msg801586#msg801586

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 10:06 PM - 02/29/20 »

It needs another ST (potentially can keep the current one and just add a new one alongside it). The ST should be trained with Advanced Look Controls enabled with a low deadzone and most importantly without extra pitch and extra yaw on ADS. Those variables are making the current default ST feel extremely slow and unresponsive, hence why you have a ton of threads on these boards with people using Titan Fall 2 ST or Advanced Look Controls (which do not gel with your current ST).

The default settings prescribed by the current ST keep the turn speed far below what it could be with Advanced Look Controls.

I feel like you guys are not paying attention to what we have said for months about these problems.
So your saying the TF2 ST along with advanced controls allows for a faster turn speed cap? I always thought that turn speed cap was a tad slow in this game and makes the game feel sluggish at times.

Offline year0

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 10:34 PM - 02/29/20 »

It needs to be trained without extra pitch and yaw in the equation. Take a look for yourself... itís an aim mechanic that is only present when your crosshairs arenít near an opponent. It would be a waste of time training with it present. The community is smart enough to use ALC values.
Tho with the vanilla game coded/optimised for using a controller, I wonder just HOW much the AA algorithm 'looks' for controller like input?
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline 123gametime

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 04:31 PM - 03/14/20 »
Requesting the retrain, we want the following Advanced Settings:

Deadzone: 1 click to the right of 0 (for Xbox); 2 clicks to the right of 0 (for PS4)
Outer threshold: 0
Response curve: Default

Yaw speed: Maximum
Pitch speed: Maximum
Turning extra yaw: 0
Turning extra pitch: 0
Turning ramp-up time: 0
Turning ramp-up delay: 0

ADS Yaw speed: Maximum
ADS Pitch speed: Maximum
ADS turning extra yaw: 0
ADS turning extra pitch: 0
ADS turning ramp-up time: 0
ADS turning ramp-up delay: 0

Target compensation: on
Melee target compensation on

Anyone want to chime in before I make the request? Disable? Testsuro? Etc.  i think most people are using these?

What xim settings would you have with these settings?

Offline year0

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 09:08 PM - 03/14/20 »
Iíd use the apex st, on common sync, and try it first without any extras like smoothing etc
Iíd also go 2 clicks to the LEFT of default with the deadzone
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline Eleven

• I am once again asking for a retrain for ApLegends
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taylor
« Reply #70 on: 02:45 PM - 04/25/20 »
Any update to this, the new st feels unresponsive imo, since theres no way to get the old st back, are we getting an option to choose different st's with one being trained for advanced settings or at least previous st, other topics are also about getting old st's back, and is mist the only one training these st's?

Offline Petkaui

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Petkoo-
« Reply #71 on: 10:01 PM - 04/25/20 »
Any update to this, the new st feels unresponsive imo, since theres no way to get the old st back, are we getting an option to choose different st's with one being trained for advanced settings or at least previous st, other topics are also about getting old st's back, and is mist the only one training these st's?
+1!
Would love to see a new ALC ST for Apex

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 08:12 AM - 05/25/20 »
Would love to see this updated! With the release of advanced settings it would be nice to see the ST trained with maximum responsiveness

Offline Unknown123456

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 08:56 AM - 05/25/20 »

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=87617.0
You can get it back :) worked for me

Admin