XIM Community

Apex Legends ST needs retraining  (Read 5176 times)

Offline Tetsurobash

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Apollo-ZuEs-LeTo
Re: Apex Legends ST needs retraining
« Reply #15 on: 01:03 PM - 02/16/20 »
I honestly think that advanced settings make 250hz the best option in the game so thatís pretty cool. It completely changed the way hip feels and itís so much better. I think thatís probably the biggest advantage to the AC. The advanced settings adjustments sliders are a bit crude and really contradict themselves. Option to fine tune adjust without the fine tune lol thanks.

Offline Kyr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01:58 PM - 02/16/20 »
Why not train a second profile for those that want to use ALC? Surely there's a compromise?

Offline Tetsurobash

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Apollo-ZuEs-LeTo
« Reply #17 on: 02:20 PM - 02/16/20 »
Why not train a second profile for those that want to use ALC? Surely there's a compromise?

If you like 500hz or 1000hz.... 7/7 is a good option. If you like 250hz then use Dr. D1sables settings and adjust them according to your dexterity. The only reason I found out about the extra pitch and yaw issues was because I was using 250hz it doesnít affect the other hz the same way. The ALC adjustments are limited and what there is to be gained can be had by removing extra pitch and yaw. The DZ is highly personal and if they made another ST we would probably still all have different settings that fit us best.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02:41 PM - 02/16/20 »

Its too confusing for the average user, the xim manager would need to explicitly make it clear which one is for what. Right now only two games received dual ST support and both of them had to be done to ensure game compatibility.

Doesnt mean we wont get to see dual support for Apex Legends, but for that a few solutions have to be brought up first (such as how to distinguish them and how to label the ingame instructions).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline napalm.death

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Xx---d1esel---xX
« Reply #19 on: 03:21 PM - 02/16/20 »

Its too confusing for the average user, the xim manager would need to explicitly make it clear which one is for what. Right now only two games received dual ST support and both of them had to be done to ensure game compatibility.

Doesnt mean we wont get to see dual support for Apex Legends, but for that a few solutions have to be brought up first (such as how to distinguish them and how to label the ingame instructions).

Exactly, so one ST could be for average joe who just wants to plug and play and an "advanced ST" could be for guy who wants to tweak the advanced config by 3 clicks to the left from default :D

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
« Reply #20 on: 03:52 PM - 02/16/20 »

Maybe it's an idea to make it like when you have expert settings disabled, you only see the default ST for the games.
But when enabled you get more options with different ST's.
This way the average user shouldn't get in trouble as expert settings should be for advanced users only

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04:04 PM - 02/16/20 »
Maybe it's an idea to make it like when you have expert settings disabled, you only see the default ST for the games.
This way the average user shouldn't get in trouble as expert settings should be for advanced users only

thats actually a pretty good idea verone! :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline lev33

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05:05 PM - 02/16/20 »

Great idea

Offline year0

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06:10 AM - 02/17/20 »
The Apex Legends ST was trained on default in-game settings, which (compared to Advanced Settings with low deadzone and max pitch and yaw speed) are far from ideal for mouse users. Because the ST was trained on bad in-game settings, every Apex Legends config feels lackluster and inconsistent.

Do the Xim admins need to look at retraining the Apex Legends ST using Advanced Settings with low deadzone and max HIP and ADS pitch and yaw?

I think this would make the configs much better. @mist4fun @OBsVI

So one of the problems is that it was trained with extra pitch and yaw present.

Extra pitch and yaw only take effect when your crosshairs are OUTSIDE of your enemies aim assist bubble.

It causes a massive feeling of deceleration when entering and massive acceleration when exiting.

Wondering why itís so hard to land shots on strafe gods or your aim feels like mud in close quarters itís probably the extra yaw and pitch

Extra yaw & pitch doesnít work like that, the extra kicks in when your Ďcontrol stickí is at maximum travel (hard to the outside edge)
This can also be messed with using  the Ďouter thresholdí setting which can trigger the extra yaw etc before you hit the outside edge depending how much you crank it up.
The extra yaw etc is also effected by the Ďdelayí setting (which kinda explains itself) and the Ďtimeí setting, which controls how long a period the extra yaw etc is applied over (so a low value is gonna be more intense).

I also donít think that itís the ST that gives inconsistent results, I did a heap of testing and tweaking because I thought my ISP was crap and found out that it seems to be apex legends ĎNetCodeí which is meant to be poor..
AA is highly susceptible to  connection problems.
I think itís maybe why there seems to be more configs posted for legends than other games, and how one day it feels like youíve got it perfect, then it seems to change

I agree with you... but the actual extra pitch and yaw that the game gives you when you pass the threshold immediately stops when your crosshairs are at certain proximity to the enemy. It's not only the AA bubble that we have to overcome but also that acceleration that gets pulled when trying to track or catch up to a moving target. Add the stuff that you're talking about too and sometimes the game doesn't seem fair. Anyway if they were going to do anything about the ST they probably would have done it already... but at least people can take comfort in knowing that their Potato aim isn't 100% on them.

Yeah, the biggest enemy in this game is it's inconsistency. If it wasn't an issue I don't think there'd be so many different setups posted here..
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
« Reply #24 on: 06:42 AM - 02/17/20 »
I have personally never felt this game be inconsistent, but perhaps that's because i ping about 20 all the time. The only inconsistency i experience is the lack of footsteps sometimes.

Offline year0

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07:36 AM - 02/18/20 »
I have personally never felt this game be inconsistent, but perhaps that's because i ping about 20 all the time. The only inconsistency i experience is the lack of footsteps sometimes.
That's cos I've watched enough of your vids to know that you're not a human, so you wouldn't have a normal 'human speed' net connection either
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
« Reply #26 on: 04:27 PM - 02/18/20 »
Yea D1sable you canít fool us you super alien robot

Offline lev33

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06:53 PM - 02/18/20 »
daily reminder that the current ST is trash

Offline Lukino

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ManHasNoName85
« Reply #28 on: 07:04 PM - 02/18/20 »
I fully agree that advanced settings needs to be looked at. This game is played by many ximers and I dare to say itís amongst most popular games so itís worth retraining again. I am using advanced settings right now - curtesy is Tetsurobash and they feel more fluid.

Offline Omarf826

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05:32 AM - 02/19/20 »
+1 on the advanced ST retrain, its obviously clear that advanced works way better than original 7/7. I have already tried both and tested many hours and days on both. ALC by A mile stone when set up correctly.  Needs to be looked at and addressed..