XIM Community

[Q/A] Xim Apex working correctly? PS4 COD MW  (Read 129 times)

Offline pdr2323

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: pdr232323
[Q/A] Xim Apex working correctly? PS4 COD MW
« on: 08:30 PM - 02/14/20 »
Just got the Xim Apex.  Just need some info on functionality.  After all installed and a Config made for COD MW . I dont feel like it is making much of an improvement.  The lights on the apex are lighting as they should.  In the COD options  under controller settings  I noticed that its still showing that im using a controller.  I feel like it should be letting me enter the options for a mouse and keyboard.  Can anyone tell me if I missed a step? Just to verify  i have already  updated the Xim itself and the manager and I have changed all settings in game to their default setup and max. I reset the playstation itself unplugged it and held power button .  I tried checking other posts for an answer but couldn't find anything to help. Im using a corsair ironclaw wireless mouse and gaming keyboard.  In the HUD the keyboard,  mouse  and controller  all appear.  Also my PS4 is updated .
« Last Edit: 11:12 AM - 02/15/20 by OBsIV »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim Apex working correctly? PS4 COD MW
« Reply #1 on: 11:12 AM - 02/15/20 »
Welcome to the community. All XIMs present themselves to consoles as controllers which is why you can use them to enable mouse gaming on games that don't support that type of input. Is everything working in-game?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline pdr2323

• View Profile
Re: [Q/A] Xim Apex working correctly? PS4 COD MW
« Reply #2 on: 08:29 PM - 02/15/20 »
 Everything seems to be working.  Obviously i have to find my own settings that work for me. The first time i set it up I could of sworn that under the settings in COD it was letting me access  the keyboard and mouse options. It actually did because i remember enabling auto sprint.  But now its got the lock symbol next to controller.  Any info you can give me will help and be appreciated.  And im sorry if this same question has been asked and i could of found answers in the forum.  I looked around.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:19 AM - 02/17/20 »
When using APEX the console see's only your controller so you may only have options to controller settings in the game menu.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline pdr2323

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:18 PM - 02/18/20 »
I just dont feel that the apex is doing anything. Im new to xim and also using a mouse and keyboard.  Maybe i was just expecting too much.  But from everything that i have read about the xim apex before i bought it i was expecting a notable improvement.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:36 PM - 02/18/20 »
If you're new to using a mouse and keyboard it will take time to adapt and build muscle memory. If the idea of using a mouse and keyboard sounds more appealing to you than using a controller then I suggest sticking with it. After a while you will only need to worry about how you play the game, not what you're using to play the game with.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline pdr2323

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:01 PM - 02/18/20 »
Thanks for that tip. I kinda thought that is what it was.  I have been
Watching so many different vids and its alot to get.  Can you explain
The aim locking. I seen one of the videos that they show  the cross
Hairs aimed at a random object and with only moving forward
And backwards from the keyboard the cross hairs remain
On that object where as if i try that my cross hairs go up as i walk
Closer 

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 04:14 PM - 02/18/20 »
Aim Assist is a game mechanic that is only present while using a controller. It's not an aimbot and is frequently more of a hindrance than a help to XIM APEX.

Aim Assist slows down reticle movement near the hitbox, which can prevent us from hitting our shots or leading our targets when using a mouse due to the more granular control we have over mouse aim versus a controller stick.

XIM APEX is designed for games that don't have native m/kb support. It splits controller input from two analog sticks and a bunch of buttons onto a mouse and keyboard, but it cannot turn controller input into native m/kb.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts