XIM Community

[Q/A] XIM Apex & PC, not allways recognize Xbox controller  (Read 240 times)

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile
Hello guys!

Have played Modern Warfare since release now with PC and my friends on Xbox, crossplay works great and XIM feels like native mouse, superb.

But recently whem im connecting XIM to PC it wont reconnize Xbox One X controller, have to plug it in / out several times.
Without XIM it looks like no problem. Also now cant use Sony NAV as wireless after it battery gone empty, charged but not connected to XIM wireles.

I have flashed firmware. And charged controller too with USB charger, also NAV.

Is something changed in Windows 10 or XIM, why so difficult now?

Everything works still but harder to get them going.
« Last Edit: 05:22 PM - 02/14/20 by mist4fun »

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile
Re: XIM Apex & PC, not allways recognize Xbox controller
« Reply #1 on: 09:27 AM - 02/14/20 »
Just bought charger what should be ok for powering up XIMs USB hub if these issues have anything to do with power lost.

Lets see when this arrives;

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07R4ZLGV9/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM Apex & PC, not allways recognize Xbox controller
« Reply #2 on: 05:22 PM - 02/14/20 »
Removing the controller battery and using the nav in wireless mode can prevent stability issues. Replacing the cable with other data cables may help too.

How is everything working on a supported platform like Xbox?

Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile
Nav wont connect wireless now, but works as wired.

Yep, better to renew cables as well. Newer know if there is broken ones.

Havent touched to Xbox since i found out that XIM Apex works perfectly with PC. If you have possibility, maybe more focus for PC support would be realistic if PC and next gen Xbox will be closer to each other and crossplay goes almost standart.

Have to try on Xbox too. This might be Windows problem.

...if you’re planning release new XIM model after next gen consoles please take my money asap  ;D

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile

Was the nav recently charged without XIM or hub connected? If not give this a shot. If it has a full charge this is a sign that the battery is starting to fail. This will cause instability in wired mode as well.

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile

Was the nav recently charged without XIM or hub connected? If not give this a shot. If it has a full charge this is a sign that the battery is starting to fail. This will cause instability in wired mode as well.

This might be the problem, today nav doest work at all, and i just bought other one too as second hand. Recently game (cod mw)  has ”up” button jammed so it just rolled up/down. Tomorrow i have to buy also new usb wire for nav just in case that cord is broken. Just my luck if this new used nav has also ruined battery...

Lets see, nav now charging from PC and if i get another usb cord too.

Stupid question but can nav be charged from ”third party usb charger device”? No light flashing then, but when connected to PC for charging red light flashes, might be also for connection.

From Finland, thats why english not so perfect   8)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
No, the nav needs to be connected to a host that it can talk with like a PC or console. Most chargers don't work.

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile
No, the nav needs to be connected to a host that it can talk with like a PC or console. Most chargers don't work.

Thanks for the info! Charged now with PC, have ti try again later today. I ordered also 600mAh LIS1442 battery for nav if needs to be placed, quite old device...

Does Xbox one X controller also need to charged via PC or is this USB charger good to go?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
That I don't know, I would try depleting the battery then leaving it on the USB charger to check.

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile
I believe Xbox controller will charge with PC USB anyway so no problem.

Now nav works again when charged with PC USB.  Funny but does not get wireless still ,will try that later.

But there is power supply connector in XIM Apex USB hub, will nav / controller charge also via XIM USB hub when playing? I have bought this, hope its right?

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07R4ZLGV9/ref=pe_3044161_189395811_TE_SCE_dp_1?language=en_GB

Sorry for all these questions but you can see how important XIM is when used to it :)  8) ;)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
It depends on the overall power draw of your setup. I wouldn't expect to need to charge separately but the only way to know would be measure the draw of your combined setup.

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile
It depends on the overall power draw of your setup. I wouldn't expect to need to charge separately but the only way to know would be measure the draw of your combined setup.

Nothing special in XIM hub, Model D mouse, Sony nav and controller ofcourse.

Main problem was / still is, that after plugged XIM on controller wont start. No light. And sometimes mouse wont fire up neither. This goes away when pluggin XIM in /out several times to PC. Controller works fine alone in PC and XIM seems to be working on Xbox normally.

Looks like power lost but maybe not. But is this suitable foe XIMs usb hub:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07R4ZLGV9/ref=pe_3044161_189395811_TE_SCE_dp_1?language=en_GB

- 100V-240V/50-60HZ
- 5V3A / 15W

I dont want to burn it away  ;D
« Last Edit: 08:03 AM - 02/21/20 by Nudedude »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Yes, the power adapter meets spec.

Your setup is high power draw, it uses an LED mouse and a battery powered peripheral. Using the nav in wireless mode would reduce power draw so this alone may help if you can get a nav working in wireless mode.

If you're unsure if it's power related start APEX with only the controller connected. After authentication connect your other devices. If it fails at initial startup with just the controller it's not power related.

For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green (authentication)
red

If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare cables please test other cables with the controller.

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile
Will try these, thanks for advice!

Better to update cables anyway  :)

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile
Just played 2hrs with no problems.  8)  First, only controller connected and then mouse + nav. Also powered XIMs usb hub with earlier mentioned power supply and all worked great.

Got this new mouse Model D and maybe power up -problems started slowly with this, cant say for sure. Model D has some leds so it might request litltle bit more power than Model O or other mices i got and went over the edge sometimes.

Lets see.

XIM Apex works great with PC on latest CoD  ;D