XIM Community

Apex LEgends on PS4  (Read 293 times)

Offline Acklay

• View Profile
Apex LEgends on PS4
« on: 01:01 PM - 02/13/20 »
Hi,

I am new to the apex xim.
Apex Legends is running on PS4 and my muscle memory starts to work on the new mouse/keyboard setup.
But, how can I improve the handling when I am looting or when I am in my inventory?
In both I have to use WASD to navigate the cursor and my mouse to scroll in the deathbox, that is not good. Oh and even worse when I want to choose a different grenade or healing thingy I have to press the button and then wildly draw circles with my mouse and hope that it hits what I want to use :(

So how can I change that to something better?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Apex LEgends on PS4
« Reply #1 on: 01:12 PM - 02/13/20 »
Hey,

its rather complicated to explain all that in words so ill just link you to my Apex Legends tutorial, it covers all of that (sub configs, for inventory, grenade/healing, ...) step by step.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzRKrAfFlRc
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Acklay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:38 PM - 02/13/20 »
Wow, just wow. Very good video.

One last question. What about looting deathboxes? Is it allready more convenient because of the inventory settings? Or do I have to make another extra setupo for looting D boxes?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:55 PM - 02/13/20 »
its basically personal perference, since a few month you can now use the dpad to quickly go up/down in that menu. Some people prefer to bind that to scroll up/down while other people prefer to use their mouse movements.
I prefer the mouse movements, although i play with slow sensitivities its still fast enough to handle larger boxes. If you prefer to use the mouse and the sensitivity isnt fast enough then yes, use another sub config similar to the other ones :).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Acklay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:05 PM - 02/14/20 »
Xim is awesome. I spent some time to config it and now it starts to work wonderful for me. And there is still so much I could adjust to improve my play, it is just big WOW.

I am happy that I invested in the Xim Apex.

Is a lot of hate thrown at Xim users? I would think that every1 complains because it is so much better then a controller :D

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:12 PM - 02/14/20 »
I wouldnt say there are a lot of complainers, most people dont seem to care but the few that complain are rather "loud" :).