XIM Community

Question2.0  (Read 800 times)

Offline Whoso

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Im whoos
Question2.0
« on: 08:07 AM - 02/13/20 »
Is there anyway way to get my sens from xim and transfer it to pc? Or closest to it

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Question2.0
« Reply #1 on: 10:14 AM - 02/13/20 »
Yes with a ruler you can measure your cm/360 ratio and then transfer it between platforms.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Whoso

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Im whoos
« Reply #2 on: 04:12 PM - 02/13/20 »
Can you explain a little more in-depth because currently that makes no sense to me.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:17 AM - 02/14/20 »
Take a ruler and measure how much cm on the mousepad you need to make a 360 turn. Then take that ratio and adjust your sensitivity on the other platform so that you do a 360 turn with the same cm on the mousepad. Near the end of the following video you can see an example for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGyo37Szg-E
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:48 AM - 02/16/20 »
This is none of my business but... I think that it would be better to just start from scratch being that pc and console are so different. They honestly don't feel anywhere near close to the same.I think you should pick a dpi between 400 and 800 and then adjust the in-game sensitivity to suit your liking if you've never been on pc before. That is honestly what helped me and now I am really good with native mouse and keyboard.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline dpk_ydv

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: B2uT3_f02c3
« Reply #5 on: 12:55 PM - 02/16/20 »
This is none of my business but... I think that it would be better to just start from scratch being that pc and console are so different. They honestly don't feel anywhere near close to the same.I think you should pick a dpi between 400 and 800 and then adjust the in-game sensitivity to suit your liking if you've never been on pc before. That is honestly what helped me and now I am really good with native mouse and keyboard.
But aren't modern mice sensor good enough to run at higher DPI? have you tried higher DPI and how did it feel?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:01 PM - 02/16/20 »
But aren't modern mice sensor good enough to run at higher DPI? have you tried higher DPI and how did it feel?

They are but your mousepad surface might not. If its cloth fibers your sensor will start to track the fibers instead of the plain surface which can cause mouse stutter. Id recommend to not go above 4000 dpi if you use a clothpad.
Not an issue with lower dpis though, not sure to what range you refered to with higher dpis.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:11 PM - 02/16/20 »
For me, I've never found a use in going any higher for pc. It's not necessary for me. But, maybe you will find a use for it. The main dpi I use is 650 and that's all I need for pc.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 12:10 AM - 02/17/20 »
PC is still in the dark ages when it comes to mouse DPI. Run anything above 800 DPI and you'll typically run into problems navigating Windows (mouse speed can be adjusted in Control Panel) and very low sensitivity values in games, e.g. Borderlands is uncontrollably fast using more than 400 or 800 DPI with no way to go with lower in-game sensitivity settings.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline dpk_ydv

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:58 AM - 02/17/20 »
PC is still in the dark ages when it comes to mouse DPI. Run anything above 800 DPI and you'll typically run into problems navigating Windows (mouse speed can be adjusted in Control Panel) and very low sensitivity values in games, e.g. Borderlands is uncontrollably fast using more than 400 or 800 DPI with no way to go with lower in-game sensitivity settings.
Thanks for the explanation, clears a lot of doubt. I've also been trying native M/KB on PS4 on 1200DPI without any problem, but will try lowering it to 800.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:06 AM - 02/17/20 »
Thanks for the explanation, clears a lot of doubt. I've also been trying native M/KB on PS4 on 1200DPI without any problem, but will try lowering it to 800.
That won't be necessary for console. More seems to be better for console. 3000 and above.

Offline dpk_ydv

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:50 AM - 02/17/20 »
That won't be necessary for console. More seems to be better for console. 3000 and above.
But consoles handle mouse inputs miserably.  Example in MW native M/KB, if you set polling at 1000Hz, there will be loads of acceleration. At 500Hz and 250Hz there won't be acceleration, but the vertical sensitivity will be more than horizontal and mouse tracking won't be 1:1. At 125 hz there's no acceleration and the tracking is 1:1, but there will be input lag. Comparing mouse input on PS4 to PC is like comparing oranges to apple.

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:38 AM - 02/18/20 »

Not so much in the dark ages, but more, needs to be compatible with hugely different hardware configs, and more gamers using standard type none gaming mice ( microsoft Intellimouse is still popular ) than there are actually using gaming mice.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #13 on: 03:54 PM - 02/18/20 »
It's 2020 - PC games should be able to accommodate higher DPI values with appropriate sensitivity sliders, but most do not. The only solution for many games is forcing us to reduce DPI to Neolithic period values, completely nullifying the value of a high DPI sensor.

When a sensitivity scale has DPI numbers of 400 to 800 scaled at 1-3 out of 100 for in-game sens values, you know they're way behind the times. Using 400 as the default DPI (Windows is built around this value) should equate to 50/100 for more logical and flexible DPI scaling.
« Last Edit: 04:00 PM - 02/18/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07:45 AM - 02/19/20 »
Antithesis:
I didn't disagree with you, it was just a simple explanation of why, more people who play games use an old faithful mouse than those who do not, so games are built around that.
Pro players use low DPI knowing it isn't as good (they also use it because it's ignorant BS following of their heros from yesteryear) , but even at their level it is more than good enough.

High mouse DPI with lower in game sense = more accurate micro movements, absolute fact.
High mouse DPI = terrible resolution for in-game mouse adjustment.

But there may be some hope, I see this is beginning to change, at work my new PC came with a 1000 DPI mouse which kind of gives the impression the industry is realising people are starting to work with multiple or higher resolution screens.