XIM Community

Xim Apex plugged into monitor USB ports with USB upstream connected to PC  (Read 145 times)

Offline DieInputLag

• View Profile
If I want to use my Xim Apex on PC with an Xbox One controller. Can I run a usb upstream cable from my pc to monitor, turning my monitor into more USB ports for my PC, then plug in my Apex and Apex hub into the back of my monitor?

My PC is too far away from my peripherals. They canít reach the PC, but they can reach the back of the monitor.

So is this possible?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
That depends on the monitor, if it has such a functionality (usb hub) then yes. Maybe check your monitor manual or give the support hotline of the manufacturer a call if you are unsure.
From the xim side theres nothing that would prevent this, so its all up to the monitor.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline DieInputLag

• View Profile
https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/alienware-25-gaming-monitor-aw2518h/apd/210-amsr/monitor-accessories

I have the Dell AW2518H. It has the following ports.

USB downstream port with Power Charging | USB 3.0 port | USB upstream port | (2x) USB 3.0 port

Upstream port should run to my PC. But what port should I plug the Xim Apex and hub to? Any port? Or the USB Downstream port? I am not even sure what a downstream port is or does? Shouldnt all ports talk to the PC once I plug in the upstream cable? What is the downstream for?

Offline DieInputLag

• View Profile
On second thought. I think I will just plug in a 10ft USB 2.0 Extension cable into my PC, then plug my Xim Apex and apex hub into the female end of the extension cable. That will get me close enough to my peripherals.

I am assuming this will working correctly?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
The second option will work for sure (the extension cable). Since it seems to be a usb hub i suspect your first option to work too though.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
Sorry to hijack but I have a very similar question. Can I plug my peripherals into my XIM USB hub, plug that USB hub into my XIM, and then plug my XIM into another USB hub that goes to my PC? Was thinking yes as all my PC would see in the end is my XIM masquerading as an Xbox controller plugged into one of my USB hub ports, but I could be wrong.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Yes you can do that.