XIM Community

XIM Apex logs out PS user making Remote Play impossible  (Read 186 times)

Offline sd-777

• View Profile
I'm noticing that when using the XIM Apex when I try to wake up the PS4 from rest mode it wakes up with me logged out and asking which user I want to use the PS4 controller with (this is only viewable locally).  This creates an issue with PS4 Remote Play which will not work at all with the user logged out.  The only solution is to highlight my user on the PS4 locally and press X on the controller, which is impossible to do playing over PS4 Remote Play.  Any way around this?  XIM will not be usable if it means I lose PS4 Remote Play.

Offline sd-777

• View Profile
Re: XIM Apex logs out PS user making Remote Play impossible
« Reply #1 on: 01:04 PM - 02/19/20 »
Any suggestions at all?  Sucks to not be able to use Remote Play.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:11 PM - 02/19/20 »
You could maybe use the phone app which has minimal remote functionality i think to handle the process, once you logged in switch to the actual remote play.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline sd-777

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:21 AM - 02/21/20 »
You could maybe use the phone app which has minimal remote functionality i think to handle the process, once you logged in switch to the actual remote play.

You mean the PS4 remote play app?  That gives me an error as well because I'm not logged in.  Although it does wake the PS4 from sleep.  I can't wake the PS4 otherwise with the controller connected to XIM, neither the controller or the KBM will wake up the PS4.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 05:01 AM - 02/21/20 »
Login at home, disable Rest Mode, jump on RemotePlay from the office...bingo, bango, bongo...win. I think  :o

There may be an issue swapping controls while using RemotePlay, but let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline sd-777

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:08 AM - 02/26/20 »
Login at home, disable Rest Mode, jump on RemotePlay from the office...bingo, bango, bongo...win. I think  :o

There may be an issue swapping controls while using RemotePlay, but let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Yeah I think that would work, but the issue is all the power the PS4 is going to be using being on 24/7 like that.  Even if I PS button out to the main menu I can still hear the fan going crazy on it.  I'm really surprised this isn't a bigger issue, or is remote play just not that popular? 

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:11 AM - 02/26/20 »
I'm really surprised this isn't a bigger issue, or is remote play just not that popular? 

In the last few years maybe 5 questions regarding remote play came up and none of them where related to your problem. Usually just general setup questions to get it running.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay