XIM Community

[Q/A] Scroll up wheel  (Read 146 times)

Offline Oiam

• View Profile
[Q/A] Scroll up wheel
« on: 05:55 PM - 02/12/20 »
After new patch for modern warfare. Iím unable to throw tactical with scroll up Iíve tried two different g502ís. This is weird.
« Last Edit: 01:06 PM - 02/13/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Scroll up wheel
« Reply #1 on: 05:57 PM - 02/12/20 »
Using mouse wheel to perform some actions doesn't work well if the action needs a press longer than mouse wheel can send. It's possible they changed the time needed to switch to tactical.

Also, do you have another action assigned to wheel up? Does throw tactical work when assigned to another mouse button?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Oiam

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Scroll up wheel
« Reply #2 on: 10:52 PM - 02/12/20 »
It does work when assigned to different button, have used the same button mapping since ps3 with xim edge.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:38 AM - 02/13/20 »
Could you please share a bit more information?

- Which platform are you playing on?
- Does this happen when using a newly created config with only making the mouse wheel up change to the config?
- Can you check if it happens in another game?

They may have changed the press time required to activate the button and your scroll wheel is sending a press for less time than is required. If this is the case I don't know of a fix besides reassigning the action to another button because the press time for each button is non-editable value that's used across all buttons.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:41 AM - 02/13/20 »
Hey,

other people reported the same. So far it looks like MW has raised the activation time to initiate a tactical. The problem with using scroll is that its a very short input, even if you continuously scroll its just a sequence of short inputs. After the update those seem to be too short to initiate a tactical. Id recommend to either bind it do a different button (e.g. mouse scroll click instead of up/down) or use a mouse macro that increases the activation time per scroll input.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:59 AM - 02/13/20 »
Thanks, Odin. I wasn't aware there were other reports on it.

edit: We're in the process of working on a fix for this to be included in the next beta. Until then I recommend reassigning actions from the scrollwheel to other buttons.
« Last Edit: 01:06 PM - 02/13/20 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:08 PM - 02/13/20 »
Thanks, Odin. I wasn't aware there were other reports on it.

(first report was yesterday, of course not confirmed yet but first time that i hear a developer changes something like that)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Monostat7

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Monostat7
Re: [Q/A] Scroll up wheel
« Reply #7 on: 07:37 PM - 02/13/20 »
Having the same problem. Guess I'm not the only one. I tested it and it works fine with lethals, but won't work for tacticals anymore.

Really frustrating since it's such a fast way to use it, but for now I think I'm going to bind tactical to the button on the scroll wheel and use scroll down to switch weapons.

I'd love to see something added to XIM that would let scrolling simulate a button hold.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #8 on: 03:24 AM - 02/14/20 »

Bromance! And on Valentines day, too.  :)

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, Radeon RX 5700 XT, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #9 on: 04:15 PM - 02/14/20 »
We had another thread recently where a chap had a problem with the mouse scrollwheel failing to register all ticks.

This is something I've experienced through 4 generations of XIM and I put it down to the short activation frame of the mousewheel as the cause.

But, he linked to an old thread from 2012 which mentioned that XIM 3 had limited input from a mousewheel to 64ms hold and 64ms wait, which would explain his issue.

Is this still the case on XIM APEX? Is there a way that the activation time could be managed via a slider so the user could either decrease or increase the hold/wait times, depending on the game?

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #10 on: 11:08 AM - 02/15/20 »
I think the most straight forward way to handle this is to simply increase the value. The hard part always is coming up with the right value.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #11 on: 03:40 AM - 02/16/20 »
Increasing the hold time should be easy enough, but others want it reduced. Iíd think 25/25, 50/50 and 100/100 would be handy options, but clearly thereís more engineering required to provide them (if it all possible).

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:39 AM - 02/16/20 »
Id say just change it for MW specifically and keep it as it is for other configs. Though i wouldnt say its that important, you can easily rebind your actions to prevent this and since the PC version has the same problem its probably only a matter of time until the game developer fixes it anyway :).

Offline inzaneip

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:28 AM - 02/16/20 »
@ OBsIV My appologies for the PM.

I have also experienced this issue, can someone tell me if they have tested the macro approach with Logitech mice and does that actually seem to work?