XIM Community

Just sayin' hello, and a message to all you Xim Apex n00bies  (Read 172 times)

Offline Woodins

• View Profile
Hello peeps,

Just posted my first ever forum question, so thought I would say hello. Been an Apex owner for about five months. Been keeping my head down and just lurking the forums getting as much info as possible. I just thought I would show some respect and say hello. Shout out to all the big names on here for the info (OBsVI, mist4fun ,RML, d1sable etc. - If I've forgotten your name sorry) you've really helped with me developing my own setups.

Old git based in the UK who is experiencing a gaming "mid life crisis" and the Xim Apex is scratching that itch lol.

My Apex journey has had its ups and downs. Did the n00b classic mistake at the start by going balls deep on the advanced setups and obviously getting all confused and frustrated lol. Then I progressed to the next stage of xim n00biness by constantly messing around with the dpi settings to get that "d1sable experience" lol .Even came close six weeks ago to jacking it all in and and going back to the sticks. Problem is, my muscle memory for FPS had been slowly turned to KMB, so I was screwed and realised I had to stick to the Xim lol.

I tend to check in every couple of days to make sure I am up to date on the firmware/ST's etc. and the one thing I have noticed is that the forum seems to attract a spat of new Apex owners (generally round a new game release) that stamp there feet after a couple of weeks complaining they are not Shroud and a month later leaving negative reviews and making posts about selling it.

If any new Apex owners are reading this, I feel your pain. As I mentioned earlier, I came very close to putting all my xim gear in the cable cupboard and forgetting about it. My advice? Perseverance. Your gaming performance is going to take a noticeable step backwards. Go to OBsVI's youtube channel, and autistically follow his guides to setting up your DPI, polling, sensitivity etc. Get a basic no frills setup (LEAVE THE CURVES ALONE - for now), do aiming drills, play with the mindset of honing your muscle memory as opposed to "owning", and along the way you will develop your own process.

Me? Bit of a heretic. I bought a razer Tartarus v2 and the 16kdpi g502 mouse, and along the way found myself eventually falling into the 800 dpi madness of the MJflame school of thought. This method has its ardent proponents as well as its detractors -  but for me it works. Probably won't for you. As OBsVI has stated many times on his videos, copying someones settings isn't going to make you instantly good, you got to find your own way. For me, once you get to grips with how to manipulate the curves, you can get a good sens and the AA is virtually non-existent.

I'm an old git in his 40's. I don't stream, don't post vids etc. Just an old gamer .Most of you new Apex owners reading this are probably half my age, so developing your muscle memory and "gettin' gud" (see, i can hang with the kids) will be much faster. Honestly, its only in the past week and a bit that everything has just "clicked" for me with the Apex across multiple games. I'm not exactly d1sable, but I am now consistenly ontop of the table in MW/BO4 sessions and I have never been more in love with my Apex. I'm currently experiencing that high of getting better and better during every game session.

I'm screwed now. I have the KMB feelz without having to rejoin the master race and chase the hardware dragon and deal with aimbots etc. I curse mist4fun, OBsIV, and all the other black magicians that work behind the scenes at xim. I cannot even conceive of going back to sticks. They got me by the balls. I'm already factoring in the next xim product that will probably have to come out to run alongside the PS5 in reagrds to my hardware budget for next gen.

Bit of a long read and apologies. Feel bad though as I have been lurking around for almost 6mnths just hoovering up all the info without saying thanks.

Again, shout out to the forum regulars, and a special shout out to fellow britbong d1sable. I don't even play Apex Legends, but your vids kept me going with regards to sticking to it and gettin' gud

Cheers.

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
Great read mate and thanks for your kind words.

The message is great, keep with it, keep it simple and practice.

Ultimately the goal is to enjoy gaming and it seems like you have achieved this.

As a man turning 36 in a few weeks i feel you golden oldie pain =0

Offline Woodins

• View Profile
Thanks and great Yt vids  8)

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Good post. :)

Did the n00b classic mistake at the start by going balls deep on the advanced setups and obviously getting all confused and frustrated lol. Then I progressed to the next stage of xim n00biness by constantly messing around with the dpi settings to get that "d1sable experience" lol .Even came close six weeks ago to jacking it all in and and going back to the sticks. Problem is, my muscle memory for FPS had been slowly turned to KMB, so I was screwed and realised I had to stick to the Xim lol.
I'm so used to the XIM now that I try get my PC set-up to feel like XIM on PS4. ;)

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, Radeon RX 5700 XT, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
41 myself. 3 kids etc. I feel you brotha. But Iím a gamer for life and thatís just how itís going to stay. I wish I could re-join the master race just because but two of my kids are in University so you know where my money has gone. The Apex is just fantastic I am very happy I got it. keep pew pewing