XIM Community

Nooby MW ADS question.  (Read 377 times)

Offline Woodins

• View Profile
Nooby MW ADS question.
« on: 05:28 AM - 02/12/20 »
Hello People,

Been the proud owner of an Apex for about 5mnths, and after making all the typical N00b mistakes, I finally feel like I am getting to grips with it. I've been lurking the forums and watching OBSVI videos on Youtube ever since I got it and I have been able more or less to find my own way with regards to setups etc. I've tried to not fall into the trap of being "that guy" you see on the forums when they buy an Apex and after a week they aren't Shroud and start yelling at everyone to fix it.

Having said that . . .

Bought the Xim for Bo4/Blackout, and have finally transitioned over to MW (don't ask why lol). The whole decelaration when ADSing has thrown me a little bit. I know with the latest firmware you have to set the ADS deactivation delay at 224ms in expert mode. I feel really dumb asking this question, but my profiles already have 224ms  delay as standard on the green ADS section of the setup. Is this is what is being referred to on the settings thread? The box beneath that which has the heading "Deactivation Delay" (directly beneath the Smooth Aim Translation tick box) which has a + and - button is at 0. Is that the spot i should be putting in 224ms?

Again, i feel so dumb for asking this question as I bet it is a real straight forward answer, so apologies beforehand for clogging up the forum.

Thanks for reading.

Offline Touretteasaurus

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Touretteasaurus
Re: Nooby MW ADS question.
« Reply #1 on: 07:29 AM - 02/12/20 »
Hello People,

Been the proud owner of an Apex for about 5mnths, and after making all the typical N00b mistakes, I finally feel like I am getting to grips with it. I've been lurking the forums and watching OBSVI videos on Youtube ever since I got it and I have been able more or less to find my own way with regards to setups etc. I've tried to not fall into the trap of being "that guy" you see on the forums when they buy an Apex and after a week they aren't Shroud and start yelling at everyone to fix it.

Having said that . . .

Bought the Xim for Bo4/Blackout, and have finally transitioned over to MW (don't ask why lol). The whole decelaration when ADSing has thrown me a little bit. I know with the latest firmware you have to set the ADS deactivation delay at 224ms in expert mode. I feel really dumb asking this question, but my profiles already have 224ms  delay as standard on the green ADS section of the setup. Is this is what is being referred to on the settings thread? The box beneath that which has the heading "Deactivation Delay" (directly beneath the Smooth Aim Translation tick box) which has a + and - button is at 0. Is that the spot i should be putting in 224ms?

Again, i feel so dumb for asking this question as I bet it is a real straight forward answer, so apologies beforehand for clogging up the forum.

Thanks for reading.
You want the deactivation delay at 224ms too.

Offline Woodins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:02 AM - 02/12/20 »
Cheers mate.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:37 AM - 02/12/20 »
224ms is just the average over all weapons, depending on what perks or weapons you use you may have to tweak the value a little bit. For example quickdraw usually reduces the value by half, smgs have lower values while heavier weapons such as machine guns have higher values.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Woodins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:29 PM - 02/13/20 »
224ms is just the average over all weapons, depending on what perks or weapons you use you may have to tweak the value a little bit. For example quickdraw usually reduces the value by half, smgs have lower values while heavier weapons such as machine guns have higher values.

I hate to ask mate,  but do you have basic all round figures? As in I can duplicate my main profile and have abasic ar setting,  and smg setting etc.  I assume that the original setting on the green ads page (224ms) has to match the second one (the one underneath smooth translation)? Again,  apologies for the n00b autism, but I am in a really good spot with my settings and don't want to screw it up lol.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:57 PM - 02/13/20 »
You would use the same values, i dont have any recommendations but there are sheets in the internet that have all values. Alternatively you can also dial it in by yourself of course. Overall you can forget about the value though if you dont experience any sensitivity change during the ads transition. The delay is meant to remove that.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Woodins

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:26 AM - 02/16/20 »
You would use the same values, i dont have any recommendations but there are sheets in the internet that have all values. Alternatively you can also dial it in by yourself of course. Overall you can forget about the value though if you dont experience any sensitivity change during the ads transition. The delay is meant to remove that.

Many thanks for the replies. Will get on it.