XIM Community

[Q/A] Upgrade manager  (Read 91 times)

Offline Wickedz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: lucabarami
[Q/A] Upgrade manager
« on: 05:26 AM - 02/11/20 »
Hi all,

Just a question I'd like to change my previous manager version to --> MANAGER 20190719 but I already have the app on a previous version on my Iphone. How to proceed as there is no way to upgrade it on the app? Do we have to uninstall / reinstall via appstore to have the last one ? (in this case do we lose the configs we have actually ?)

Thank you for your help,
« Last Edit: 10:27 AM - 02/11/20 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade manager
« Reply #1 on: 05:42 AM - 02/11/20 »
Do we have to uninstall / reinstall via appstore to have the last one ? (in this case do we lose the configs we have actually ?)

Yes thats what you have to do. Your configs are stored on the xim itself so they will not get deleted :).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Wickedz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:05 AM - 02/11/20 »
Hi Odin ! Thank you ! How do I "grab" the configs when I'll have the newest version on my iphone ? I mean if it is on the xim apex, how can we find it on the manager ?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:27 AM - 02/11/20 »
Config settings are stored on XIM and not on your phone or in Manager. There are two ways to save config settings (not the ST version). One is to backup the entire device using the latest flash tool with a PC. The more reliable method is to copy the config settings to code on the config's Identity page then storing that code.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Wickedz

• View Profile
Re: [Q/A] Upgrade manager
« Reply #4 on: 01:46 AM - 02/12/20 »
Hi Mist, thank you for your help, didn't think about the code configs!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:07 AM - 02/12/20 »
No problem, if you have an android phone you may already have Google Keep which does a good job of storing info like this in the cloud.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Wickedz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:26 AM - 02/13/20 »
Edit*

I doesn't work on iphone, as you have now the "restoration" option on the appstore. When I uninstalled / reinstalled it hasn't been deleted totally. Don't know what to do..

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:20 AM - 02/13/20 »
Edit*

I doesn't work on iphone, as you have now the "restoration" option on the appstore. When I uninstalled / reinstalled it hasn't been deleted totally. Don't know what to do..

Hey,

if you deleted your manager and downloaded it again from the app store (itll show the cloud logo) could you go into the top right options of your manager and post us the version numbers that it shows there under info/about?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay