XIM Community

For those interested in Phantsy Star Online 2  (Read 103 times)

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
For those interested in Phantsy Star Online 2
« on: 03:54 PM - 02/10/20 »
This is a PSA for those who may not know this information. Some of you might have figured it out as I did, but figured I'd help those who may not have.

I figured I'd post here in the off chance this game gets popular as the Betas keep happening and when release actually takes place. I am very much looking forward to the NA release for this game as I was super addicted to PSO back on the Dream Cast and did some play time on PSOBB on PC.

For those interested in this game and want to play it upon release, I thought I would shed some light on the best way to play this game with your Xim Apex. Simply put, DON'T play it with your Xim Apex plugged in, as the game actually supports native M/K setup. At least in the beta I played, I was able to directly plug in a mouse and keyboard and it worked with minor setup in the menus for sensitivity and keyboard layout changes. For those who use 2 of, or all 3 ports on your Xbox for devices, the best course of action I found to take care of that issue is to just simply unplug the Xim Apex Stick and use the 3 USB splitter the Xim Apex comes with. Since most of us already have it plugged into our console to begin with, you can just unplug the Xim Apex stick and the mouse and key board will work in this game natively and your controller will stay charging, thus never shutting off and prompting to turn on the controller because it went idle too long and shut off. Hope this helps those who are looking forward to this game. And shouodnhelp Mist and Obsiv not have to worry about a smart translator for this particular game.

Hope to see some of you in the world of PSO.

Offline jralabate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CPT ONI
Re: For those interested in Phantsy Star Online 2
« Reply #1 on: 02:20 PM - 02/11/20 »
I use me Xim Apex with it just fine!!!!!!!  I use the COD:Modern Warfare ST.  and it works great!!!!!!
:XBOX ONE X:  :ASTRO A40tr:   :KB: Razer Orbweaver :MOUSE: Logitech G Pro wireless  10,000 dpi, 1000hz

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
Re: For those interested in Phantsy Star Online 2
« Reply #2 on: 08:16 PM - 02/11/20 »
Well if you prefer to use the apex, I suppose you can. Just was trying to let others know, who might not know, that Sega offered native K/m support for the game, so you'll get that crisp 1:1 ratio without having to use the Apex. Others, like myself, may find being able to use all the controls on the keyboard and the keyboard shortcuts they have for menus and actions, much easier when they allow native support in games. Not to mention, plugging your keyboard right into the Xbox and not using the Apex Stick will allow you to use the keyboard to type in chat much easier as well for communicating purposes. Personally I prefer the native support for features such as menu shortcuts and communicating, but hey if you like is in the apex on the game too, more power to ya my man.