XIM Community

Keyboard not working  (Read 172 times)

Offline MiniWade03

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mini Wade 03
Keyboard not working
« on: 01:05 PM - 02/09/20 »
Iíve been using XIM apex for about a week now and really enjoyed it so I decided to get a new mouse and keyboard instead of the basic Microsoft keyboard and mouse that I was previously using. I decided to buy the one handed bluefinger mouse and keyboard off amazon. When I plugged it in, only my mouse worked, but not my keyboard. XIM apex would only flash green when using the Microsoft keyboard regardless of the mouse I had plugged in. Is my bluefinger keyboard not compatible with my XIM apex? I did not see it on the list of items not compatible with XIM apex. I will leave the link to the keyboard and mouse below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07YFNW54T?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
« Last Edit: 10:22 AM - 02/11/20 by mist4fun »

Offline Lupe120

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UGA Psychild
  • PSN ID: Lupei20
Re: Keyboard not working
« Reply #1 on: 02:50 PM - 02/09/20 »
Sounds like your controller doesn't have enough juice to power the KB.  Try disabling LED's or turn them down if they keyboard has that function.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 03:49 PM - 02/09/20 »
Welcome to the community. Can you let us know if you are using our latest firmware (http://xim.tech/latest)?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline MiniWade03

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Keyboard not working
« Reply #3 on: 04:38 PM - 02/09/20 »
My firmware version is: 5.00.20190719 (I did the last update). My keyboard still doesn't work with my XIM APEX.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:34 AM - 02/10/20 »
Sometimes these devices require drivers or software to be used. Does the keypad work in your PC's BIOS?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline MiniWade03

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:51 AM - 02/11/20 »
What driver or software can I use. My keyboard does work with computer BIOS. The keyboard lights up, it just doesn't connect to my xim apex or the xim apex manager. It's not a power issue because the hub I use generates its own electricity. It's also not a hub defect because it works with my standard Microsoft keyboard.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:20 AM - 02/11/20 »
Unfortunately a peripheral that does not require special drivers or software is needed to be used with APEX.

Offline MiniWade03

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:25 PM - 02/11/20 »
By any chance do you know if it's possible to use Nintendo switch joystick with a mouse (use joystick for. movement). I saw a video from xim gaming that they recommend the switch joystick if you wanna use a joystick. If so, how can I see how to set it up

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:47 AM - 02/13/20 »
Yes, APEX supports the joycons but only for the left stick if I remember correctly. So it would work the way you need it to. To use the joycon hold the pair button on the joycon then press the APEX button. The joycon isn't very comfortable though both in it's shape and when using it's analog stick. If you're able to, I recommend picking up a Sony Nav for analog movement. If you decide to go this route you may need to occasionally charge the nav directly with the console or use the nav in wireless mode with APEX.
« Last Edit: 11:12 AM - 02/13/20 by mist4fun »