XIM Community

Xim Apex Doesn’t recognize the Titan Two  (Read 244 times)

Offline Chris_93

• View Profile
Xim Apex Doesn’t recognize the Titan Two
« on: 03:52 AM - 02/09/20 »
Hello,
At first I apologize for my poor english, i’ll try to be the most understable possible.
I have Xim Apex and Titan Two. I would like this configuration :
PS4 - Xim Apex - controller and Titan two both connected  to the Xim, and then, keyboard and mouse respectivly connected to the in put A and in put B of the Titan Two.

My problem is that I can play without the xim, but each 10 minuts, I have to reconnect the controller. So I tried with the Xim but the problem is that it doesn’t recognize the Titan Two.

I thaught in an other solution : use the hub of the Xim to connect the keyboard in the in put A of the Titan and the hub in the in put B of the Titan, to connect the mouse and the Controller, but it doesn’t work to. I have to connect the Xim between the Titan and the hub but the problem is thas with rhis solution, I lose my combos...

I’m sorry if my problem has already beén explained, I tried to look for threads and videos, but unfortunately I didn’d found my exact answer.

Is there a solution to make the Xim recognize the Titan ?
I have already modified the output protocol from « ps4 » to «  usb multi interface HID » and the xim detects the Titan, conttoller, mouse and keyboard as wireless controllers.

Thank you for your attention, and your help :)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xim Apex Doesn’t recognize the Titan Two
« Reply #1 on: 03:57 AM - 02/09/20 »
This is a Titan Two setup issue, not a XIM one. You're more likely to get a response on the ConsoleTuner.com forums, but i'll try to answer.

When using USB Multi HID, you need to use an Input Translator on Titan Two to map the mouse & keyboard bindings. XIM APEX will then see the commands from Titan Two.

The simpler setup is mouse, keyboard & controller into XIM APEX USB hub > XIM APEX > Titan Two > console, which does not require an Input Translator.

The PS4 is disconnecting the controller every 10 minutes as part of its authentication protocol. Go to PS4 > Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method and set to Use USB Cable.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Chris_93

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:08 AM - 02/09/20 »
Hello Antithesis, thank you for your answer.
Yes I have posted in Console tuner too ! :) I posted on both to have differents opinions and ideas
I have already made an input trnaslator on the Titan, but when a click, in the mapping configuration of the Apex, it does not detect the keys, I don’t know why. When I make the other way (plug the Xim into the Titan) it works.

Thank you for your help :)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 04:59 PM - 02/09/20 »
Hello Antithesis, thank you for your answer.
Yes I have posted in Console tuner too ! :) I posted on both to have differents opinions and ideas
I have already made an input trnaslator on the Titan, but when a click, in the mapping configuration of the Apex, it does not detect the keys, I don’t know why. When I make the other way (plug the Xim into the Titan) it works.

Thank you for your help :)
Have you dragged the Input Translator on top of the script you're using on Titan Two and activated that memory slot?

The script may also have different bindings. I tend to setup m/kb stuff in the GPC script rather than an Input Translator. If it's a specific script you're using, you may want to contact the author.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin