XIM Community

d1sable - Apex Legends - Season 4 Settings  (Read 45196 times)

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
Re: d1sable - Apex Legends - Season 4 Settings
« Reply #75 on: 11:16 AM - 02/27/20 »
Sure - of course this is just my opinion.

Hemlock single fire is very good at range, especially with a bruiser site. Mid to long range it should be used. In the clip here i should have switched to single fire vs enemies on the bridge. I didn't because when i jumped up he was further away than i expected so just started firing as switching modes takes too long.

Up close burst mode is better, head shots melt.

I would still never run a hemlock though, i prefer to get up and personal.

Firing with a scout or hemlock from range is good and all but damage without a kill is largely pointless. It also encourages longer fights and the longer u fight the longer u risk third parties. Sound carries so far.

Any fight u start u ideally want to finish in 30 seconds or not fight at all until u see that opportunity.

The Prowler is godly now at close to medium range, more damage and bullets than a R99 but not as good at range. It actually does more damage on burst mode, i think it kills a purple shielded enemy in 2/3 bursts if u hit the head. Both modes are great.

Makes 1 clipping a gibby easier than with an r99.

I would take prowler R99 combo as possibly the best in the game, with either and a PK also great.

Flatline is great all round gun, high damage and good hipfire. Basically a better r301.

Ultimately though the skill gap in this game comes down to movement and therefore ill always pick the guns that have a high strafe speed and mean your not a sitting duck.

So from the ones you mentioned

Prowler
Flatline
Hemlock

Offline DaTz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaTz
  • PSN ID: DaTzBrAnDoN
« Reply #76 on: 12:31 PM - 02/27/20 »
does any one use xim on pc apex? settings feel different since imo not as much aim assist compared to console ( tried on both)

Offline Shiny25

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 02:09 PM - 02/27/20 »
Sure - of course this is just my opinion.

Hemlock single fire is very good at range, especially with a bruiser site. Mid to long range it should be used. In the clip here i should have switched to single fire vs enemies on the bridge. I didn't because when i jumped up he was further away than i expected so just started firing as switching modes takes too long.

Up close burst mode is better, head shots melt.

I would still never run a hemlock though, i prefer to get up and personal.

Firing with a scout or hemlock from range is good and all but damage without a kill is largely pointless. It also encourages longer fights and the longer u fight the longer u risk third parties. Sound carries so far.

Any fight u start u ideally want to finish in 30 seconds or not fight at all until u see that opportunity.

The Prowler is godly now at close to medium range, more damage and bullets than a R99 but not as good at range. It actually does more damage on burst mode, i think it kills a purple shielded enemy in 2/3 bursts if u hit the head. Both modes are great.

Makes 1 clipping a gibby easier than with an r99.

I would take prowler R99 combo as possibly the best in the game, with either and a PK also great.

Flatline is great all round gun, high damage and good hipfire. Basically a better r301.

Ultimately though the skill gap in this game comes down to movement and therefore ill always pick the guns that have a high strafe speed and mean your not a sitting duck.

So from the ones you mentioned

Prowler
Flatline
Hemlock

Thanks that you took the Time to explain all that. That helped me and I am sure many others to understand those weapons and their unique mechanics.  ;D

Offline Adzeyboi

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Adzeh84
  • PSN ID: Adzey84
« Reply #78 on: 01:15 PM - 02/28/20 »
Hey disable,

Love your setups been using them since season 1, wonderd if you could help me out I use toggle to aim and  for some reason since season 3 when I have toggle selected in game settings it dosnt activated on xim manager. When I have it selected on the xim manager it stays activated but coming in and out of ads is really delayed. Any options to make it a smoother transition on the xim manager settings ?

Thanks

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 03:33 AM - 02/29/20 »
Hey disable,

Love your setups been using them since season 1, wonderd if you could help me out I use toggle to aim and  for some reason since season 3 when I have toggle selected in game settings it dosnt activated on xim manager. When I have it selected on the xim manager it stays activated but coming in and out of ads is really delayed. Any options to make it a smoother transition on the xim manager settings ?

Thanks

I don't use toggle so its tricky for me to answer.

You could not use the ads page.

So on the ads page click where it says activate button (right mouse usually) so it says none.

Then manage your ads sensitivity in game. So put it at 70% or whatever ur preference is.

See if that helps.

Offline Adzeyboi

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Adzeh84
  • PSN ID: Adzey84
« Reply #80 on: 08:04 AM - 03/01/20 »
Thanks bud, in advanced settings just moved the ads yaw and pitch down 15 clicks and disabled ads in xim manager works a lot smoother now 👍🏻

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 11:21 AM - 03/01/20 »
Thanks bud, in advanced settings just moved the ads yaw and pitch down 15 clicks and disabled ads in xim manager works a lot smoother now 👍🏻
Sounds interesting! What is the purpose of doing this?

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 11:31 AM - 03/01/20 »
Read above.

He uses toggle ads which has lag apparently

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 11:46 AM - 03/01/20 »
Read above.

He uses toggle ads which has lag apparently
I remember in one of your older configs, you disabled the ADS and only used hip configuration and adjusted the ads the sensitivity in game. What was the purpose of that and would it be worth trying?

Offline Djurik

• ”°º×Extreme_Gamerz׺°”
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 02:28 AM - 03/03/20 »
does any one use xim on pc apex? settings feel different since imo not as much aim assist compared to console ( tried on both)
Im using on PC, AA seems not very strong, but it is better that before, from 3-5 kills a game with 1k damage, now its 8-15 kills per game with 2-3k damage. Still wondering around for a stronger AA. What i learned from Odin videos is that AA brokes if your movement differ from controller, like if you move mouse left-right and is jitter abit - game logic not understand this, as controller movement will be a straight line. So tonight i also would be playing around with Disable settings and also the below ones to increase AA:
1. Simulate analogue behaviour (For hip AA)
2. Smoothing (to remove that jitters if any)
3. Some says higher DPI also makes it better for AA

Would be nice if Disable or someone who tested his settings and know how it behave on Xbox/PS will translate it to PC, but i still thinks it should be the same.
« Last Edit: 02:34 AM - 03/03/20 by Djurik »
(\__/)   ╔═.♥.═════════════════════╗
(>’.’<)    Ⓢⓒⓡⓐⓣⓒⓗ ⓘⓢ ⓐⓦⓔⓢⓞⓜⓔ
(“)_(”)  ╚═════════════════════.♥.═╝

- My Apex Legends XIM setting for PC (closest feel)
XIM Settings Discord - https://discord.gg/rZAHr9BJw7

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
« Reply #85 on: 04:23 AM - 03/03/20 »
I tried same settings on ps4 and pc, feels the same to me

Offline Maria

• MVP
  • He / Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 12:17 AM - 03/07/20 »
Have you tried the update?

Offline Giantman12345

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 06:17 AM - 03/07/20 »
Why, what's new Maria?

Offline Maria

• MVP
  • He / Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 07:46 AM - 03/07/20 »
Have you tried the update?

Completely new firmware and st. I didn't have any luck with it. The aim assist was pulling me all over the place. Went back to the old st after 6 games.

Offline Sulginoks

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sulginoks
  • PSN ID: Sulginoks88
« Reply #89 on: 08:30 AM - 03/07/20 »
Wher is the new st ? 

Admin