XIM Community

Xim Apex Macro Problem  (Read 123 times)

Offline flavr

• View Profile
Xim Apex Macro Problem
« on: 02:34 AM - 02/04/20 »
Razer Lancehead TE (Has Onboard Memory)

when i first setup my xim, i had macros on my mouse profile already and they worked on xim apex on xbox one/ps4. ever since the first time setting up my xim, i havent been able to get new/change macros to work with xim apex. i can change mouse profile in razer synapse and the macros work on pc but when i connect my mouse to the xim, it still uses the old profile that i first had when i connected to xim for first time. i've tried searching for this problem and other people have had it too but i cant seem to find a fix. i assume it has something to do with the onboard memory but i cant seem to fix the problem.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim Apex Macro Problem
« Reply #1 on: 10:11 AM - 02/04/20 »
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Razer devices that offer onboard memory. I know that most of their peripherals do not have true on board memory, they can store settings on the device but require PC software to be used. If these macros worked with XIM in the past it sounds like the issue could be a firmware or software update on Razer's side. It may be worth trying to downgrade the mouse firmware/software. I'll move this to Hardware Compatibility for better visibility with other Lancehead TE users.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xim Apex Macro Problem
« Reply #2 on: 04:19 PM - 02/07/20 »
Use Synapse 3 to save the macros to the Lancehead's on-board memory and only use one profile on the mouse. Otherwise, they are entirely reliant on the Synapse PC app to function.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts