XIM Community

USB Daisey Chain/Hub = 2 Keypads + 1 Mouse?  (Read 99 times)

Offline SKC13

• View Profile
USB Daisey Chain/Hub = 2 Keypads + 1 Mouse?
« on: 08:37 PM - 02/03/20 »
Hello all.

Just wondering if this is possible?
I use a Orbweaver Chroma. But would like a few more extra keys just to run Profile Selctions and sub configs.

Found that "Koolertron" products make mini keyboards and keypads. Fully programable keys and macros with onboard memory. So it can be plugged into any system or O/S and the keybinds/macros stay set. RGB can be customized on individual keys or switched off entirely.

Here is the Koolertron 9 Key type keypad.

Plan is to set all 9 keys to F1 to F9 to switch between profiles and sub configs.
Which the Razer Orbweaver doesn't have mapped by default. So there shouldnt be any duplicate keys.

I'm hoping I can Daisey Chain link it to my Razer Orbweaver Chroma.

I did do a test with a Razer Fullsize Keyboard and the Razer Orbweaver and it worked fine, Just I don't need all that its overkill. I use the fullsize Razer Keyboard native plugged in the Xbox One for flight sims and native KB+M Games.

Thanks!

SK
« Last Edit: 08:43 PM - 02/03/20 by SKC13 »
SK Customs - QLD Australia
Xbox One X/PS4 Pro w/ 28in BenQ EL2870U
Xim Apex - Logitech G502 4000/1000DPI -1000hz polling G640 Pad - Razer Orbweaver Chroma

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: USB Daisey Chain/Hub = 2 Keypads + 1 Mouse?
« Reply #1 on: 08:51 PM - 02/03/20 »
Yes it's possible.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline SKC13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:55 PM - 02/03/20 »
A "Piggyback" plug like this for the 9 keypad, with the Orbweaver plugged into it.
Or would it be better to get a 4 port Hub instead?

Xim Apex - Logitech G502 4000/1000DPI -1000hz polling G640 Pad - Razer Orbweaver Chroma

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 09:24 PM - 02/03/20 »
Either should work, but be mindful of the power requirements of adding another device to XIM APEX, and in turn the console's ability to power 5 devices (XIM, mouse, controller, Orbweaver, Koolertron) over a 5V USB port.

It's probably a better idea to replace the XIM APEX USB hub with a powered 4-port USB 2.0 hub. USB 3.0 should also work.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline SKC13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:44 PM - 02/03/20 »
Either should work, but be mindful of the power requirements of adding another device to XIM APEX, and in turn the console's ability to power 5 devices (XIM, mouse, controller, Orbweaver, Koolertron) over a 5V USB port.

It's probably a better idea to replace the XIM APEX USB hub with a powered 4-port USB 2.0 hub. USB 3.0 should also work.

Awesome. Thanks :)

Looking at getting this Hub. 4 Port USB 3.0 with power adapter (for power hungry USB devices)

https://www.computeralliance.com.au/4-port-j5create-juh345be-harmonica-usb-3.0-hu4pb-black-with-power-adapter
« Last Edit: 09:54 PM - 02/03/20 by SKC13 »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 12:23 AM - 02/04/20 »
That shop is literally just down the road from me. Well...around one corner and down the road :)

I don't know anything about that brand, but if it's powered, it should work.

Offline SKC13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:39 AM - 02/04/20 »
That shop is literally just down the road from me. Well...around one corner and down the road :)

I don't know anything about that brand, but if it's powered, it should work.

Ahh. You're an Aussie too! 10+ point for you mate.

Seems like a reasonable price and looks to be quality and a neat unit. PC Case gear and Umart don't really have much to choose from except big bulky hubs with loads of ports.

On The Xbox One X
1 rear usb port I'm running the Xim and its components. (G502, Orbweaver)

The other rear port is for native peripherals. A Non powered 5 port 5v900ma usb 3.0 hub with G402, Razer Chroma Keyboard, Astro A40 and Mixamp also a Thrustmaster flight stick sometimes.

Front port is for externals drive.

Looking at this powered usb 3.0. Since the Xbox One X doesn't fully power down USB devices on full shut down. Each individual hub usb port be switched on/off manually.
My Astro Mixamp stays powered on. Even with "power down" external devices selected. So some peripherals need to be unplgged.

Sabrent HB-ump3 powered 4 port usb3.0 hub.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 06:25 PM - 02/04/20 »
I use some Sabrent USB 3.0 hubs in my setup. Build quality isn't great and some of the USB slots are out of alignment (I've had to brute-force some USB devices into them), but overall the hub isn't bad bang for buck considering the individual power switches.