Let's pray (RDR2)  (Read 346 times)

Offline XuserBox

• View Profile
Let's pray (RDR2)
« on: 06:27 AM - 01/27/20 »
Ladies and gentlemen

The best open world game today is Red Dead Redemption 2 Online
The currently best gaming peripheral for consoles is XIM4 / XIM-Apex
The saddest problem today is that these two greatest creations don't want to communicate with each other (probably because they're really great).

Who helps us with suffering?

I don't believe RDR2 developers will help us, which means they're human.
But I believe that the developers of XIM4 / XIM-Apex will help us, which means that they are gods because you can only believe in gods. Faith works wonders
So let's pray the brothers and sisters of XIM4 / XIM-Apex

Second line of prayer: "item and horse wheel menu doesn't work..."
Amen

P.S. I am using XIM4 and I am still completely satisfied, but RDR2-Online is absolutely unplayable.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Let's pray (RDR2)
« Reply #1 on: 10:22 AM - 01/27/20 »
Selection wheels can usually be managed by using turn assist. If this doesn't help there aren't many options that I'm aware of. The best solution would be to use an analog device like a G13 or a Sony Nav. If the wheel is navigated by the right stick then using an AUX page to flip the analog sticks would allow these devices to use the wheel instead of the mouse. Note that not all devices that have an analog stick offer true analog movement. The orbweaver for example has a digital stick that acts like a keyboard and wouldn't be helpful for this.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ProjectA2O

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:28 PM - 01/27/20 »
The issue isnt the turn assist function simulating the analong direction that all works fine. The problem at least for me and others I have seen on here is that the release of the button you have assigned to "L1/LB" is supposed to "use" the items from the dial menu but for some reason the game or the XIM doesnt seem to register the input of the release.

I have tried turn assist with the mouse, keyboard, and sony nav and all have the same issue.

You push the button assigned to L1/LB(for me G502 G5 button) to open the dial menu you select the direction using said methods and then release the button assigned to L1/LB to use said selected item and... nothing.

It works perfectly fine on the weapon dial which if you are familiar with the game is the first dial menu that pops up when L1 is pressed and then you scroll through the menus with R1/RB the 2 other dial menus "Item" and "Horse" have the issue of not registering the release on the L1/LB button.

Is there a chance you guys can take a look at this and see if its the XIM or something Rockstar has done to the game? I do understand Team XIM is incredibly busy but this issue is really hard to explain without seeing it yourself.

Edit: One other thing to mention is that if you switch items using R2/RT and L2/LT back and forth quickly and then release the "L1/LB" button while selecting the item it seems to work fine. The item is used on button release after the switch... again something that hard to explain.

Offline XuserBox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:08 AM - 01/28/20 »
mist4fun

1. weapons wheel menu works
2. In the past, item and horse wheel menu also worked
3. something was changed on the part of Rokstar, nothing on the part of XIM4 / Apex.

I don't know English at all, but I'm trying to explain now:

weapons, item and horse wheel menu consist of sectors, each sector has several items, for example the bottle (medicines, tonic ) in item menu.
My actions: I press and hold the key on the keyboard (open menu), move the mouse in the direction of this sector and use the left mouse button to select a suitable bottle. I release keyboard key  but nothing happens. Why? Choosing the time between a bottle and releasing the menu button is 1 millisecond. Because even bottle selection is limited in time, his limit is  approximately 1 millisecond. The same action in the weapon menu is not limited, that's why it works. The red line cannot be fixed on the sectors in the item and horse menu, but it can be fixed in the weapon menu.

Is there a chance you guys can take a look at this and see if its the XIM or something Rockstar has done to the game? I do understand Team XIM is incredibly busy but this issue is really hard to explain without seeing it yourself.

Offline ProjectA2O

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:31 PM - 01/28/20 »
Yep thats exactly the issue I've been having. It's broken on all the input methods like I stated in my earlier post. I'm not convinced its the game because eveything still seems to function the same as before its just the release of a button not reading correctly.

Hopefully they can take some time and look into it, or maybe assist us in figuring out whats going on because I'm not at all sure where to start.

Offline XuserBox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:48 AM - 01/30/20 »
ProjectA2O

None of us can do this. It was not for nothing that I wrote that nothing else remains for us like praying and believing in...  :'(

Offline XuserBox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:08 AM - 02/04/20 »
We continue to pray earnestly...

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:47 PM - 02/04/20 »
Ok, here's how you fix it.

1) Enable AUX1 and set it's activation key to match your item wheel key
2) Verify activation delay is set to 0ms
3) Set deactivation delay to 200ms
4) Enable turn assist in the Aim Section of the config
5) Set turn assist to toggle
6) Adjust AUX1 sensitivity as needed. This will be your wheel selection sensitivity.

Offline XuserBox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:39 PM - 02/04/20 »
mist4fun

Muchas gracias, amigo!  :)

I found all the options in XIM4 except for "deactivation delay" :( I have only  "Deactivation Keys" on the AUX menu. Is your fix for XIM-4 or XIM-Apex?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:19 PM - 02/04/20 »
Unfortunately deactivation delay is needed and this is an APEX feature. How is your transitioning from Hip to ADS now in RDR2? The fix to make this transition smoothly required the creation of deactivation delay and I don't know if it made it to XIM4 because it's a discontinued product. If it's not built in with the XIM4 config then you could also benefit with smooth transitions with APEX too.

Offline ProjectA2O

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:48 PM - 02/11/20 »
Works perfectly with the XIM Apex, so nice to have this issue solved. Also I high recommend picking up the XIM Apex if you are able it feels better then the 4 in my opinion.

Thanks again mist4fun