XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Xim apex randomly disconnecting  (Read 149 times)

Offline Sponji12

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Slightlypraysed
[ACTIVE] Xim apex randomly disconnecting
« on: 11:52 PM - 01/26/20 »
my xim apex kept disconnecting my keyboard repeatedly for quite awhile but i thought nothing of it. I then got a new ps4 and that's when my monitor kept turning black and it took a few seconds to return to the game. I realized i couldn't move with my keyboard anymore not mouse and now it keeps turning my headset off. I'm thinking it might be power, but i don't have rbg on my mouse or keyboard. This is really obnoxious and i know it's going to get me killed.
i don't have it connected to ps4 directly. I use usb hub instead.
« Last Edit: 10:16 AM - 01/27/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim apex randomly disconnecting
« Reply #1 on: 10:16 AM - 01/27/20 »
That may be the cause, it's not uncommon for devices to fail on hubs under certain conditions. Try using APEX without the hub between APEX and console and with the adjacent console USB port empty.

This might mean that your (potential) USB hard drive and USB headset are disconnected while testing.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Sponji12

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim apex randomly disconnecting
« Reply #2 on: 01:51 AM - 02/02/20 »
i tried disconnecting it from usb hub, but it still shuts off, but not as frequently. I can't disconnect my headset because it is usb. Should i replace the usb cable from my ps4 controller?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:37 AM - 02/03/20 »
i tried disconnecting it from usb hub, but it still shuts off, but not as frequently.

That could be a sign that power may be a factor but I don't think attached peripherals would cause the screen to go black. You may want to try testing another HDMI cable. The black screen flicker could happen with an extended HDMI cable over 15' depending on the cable quality.

Yes, if you have spare data cables it's always a good idea to test other cables if XIM isn't stable. Are you touching or moving the controller when this happens?

Oh, about your headset, the suggestion was to remove the USB headset from the console while troubleshooting. This would mean that audio is coming from the display speakers. Don't worry, if this helps there's a way for you to continue using the USB headset and resolve this issue.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Sponji12

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:35 PM - 02/14/20 »
my screen doesn't go black anymore because i've disconnected it from a hdmi hub

I sometimes do use the controller to scroll through menus because i don't have proper binds to access menus easily

instead of turning the screen off i've noticed every time the xim turns off i hear a slight static in my headphones i use a astro mixamp for my audio, but im not sure if this problem is common with the mixamp

i do not think it is the usb cord's fault and i've tested 2 more cables and it's worked fine

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 11:14 AM - 02/15/20 »
How frequently does this happen? Does it happen if you let things just sit there? If you could, please connect your controller directly to your XIM APEX (no hub, mouse, or keyboard) and it would be helpful to see if you also get this behavior with just that setup.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.