XIM Community

[RSEOLVED] XIM APEX CONTROLS SWITCHED IN-GAME  (Read 377 times)

Offline darkguy2

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: darkguyy212
[RSEOLVED] XIM APEX CONTROLS SWITCHED IN-GAME
« on: 09:46 PM - 01/19/20 »
Today when I tried to play CoD:MW on the PS4 when I got into a game my mouse buttons were switched with the equipment buttons. So when I clicked to fire it instead threw a flash and when I clicked to aim it threw a lethal. When I clicked on the button corresponding buttons on the keyboard it acted like a mouse press.

I do not understand why this is happening especially since when I am in the game menus and lobby it works correctly. Only when I get into a match does it switch. I switched the bindings for mouse and equipment and it works in game now, but in the menus and lobby it is switched.
« Last Edit: 10:05 AM - 01/22/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM APEX CONTROLS SWITCHED IN-GAME
« Reply #1 on: 10:23 AM - 01/20/20 »
It may be your in-game button layout, it should be set to default but other layouts could cause this issue.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline darkguy2

• View Profile
Re: XIM APEX CONTROLS SWITCHED IN-GAME
« Reply #2 on: 10:37 PM - 01/20/20 »
It may be your in-game button layout, it should be set to default but other layouts could cause this issue.

Button layout is default in game. Never changed it.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM APEX CONTROLS SWITCHED IN-GAME
« Reply #3 on: 10:16 AM - 01/21/20 »
I do not understand why this is happening especially since when I am in the game menus and lobby it works correctly. Only when I get into a match does it switch. 

This confirms it's not a XIM issue if these buttons are behaving normally in the game menu or outside of the game in general. A button layout that is not default can create this issue but I don't know of another cause that would only occur in the game and not anywhere else. Note that MW has "Default" and "Default Flipped" which is activated just by pressing square, it's very easy to accidentally flip these buttons in the game settings.

Offline darkguy2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:48 PM - 01/21/20 »
Will take a look next time I play. Thanks for the tip.

Offline darkguy2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:27 PM - 01/21/20 »
I do not understand why this is happening especially since when I am in the game menus and lobby it works correctly. Only when I get into a match does it switch. 

This confirms it's not a XIM issue if these buttons are behaving normally in the game menu or outside of the game in general. A button layout that is not default can create this issue but I don't know of another cause that would only occur in the game and not anywhere else. Note that MW has "Default" and "Default Flipped" which is activated just by pressing square, it's very easy to accidentally flip these buttons in the game settings.

So it turns out that was the problem after all. Would have never figured that out on my own and this has been bugging me for a long time. Thanks for the help!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:05 AM - 01/22/20 »
That's good to hear. :)

Admin