XIM Community

question when it comes to off sync and dpi  (Read 243 times)

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: YT Boogeyman
question when it comes to off sync and dpi
« on: 02:27 PM - 01/18/20 »
so i definatly like off sync the issue is example in fortnite or im sure even like cod which i haven't played alot of. my question is you seem to have to run a high dpi to not have to have any amount of smoothing or a very little amount. but then my worry is how good is accuracy at such a high dpi an is it affecting aim assist negatively like made in the xim gameplay video saying high dpi could mess up the aim assist algorithm.

id like to run 3200 dpi due to 1 the xim devs claiming 3000-4000 dpi is best with xim. then also not to mention watching rocketjumpninjas videos on dpi saying in his opinion 3200 was the smoothest an best dpi in his opinoin. the issue is in fortnite an i gaurentee cod your sense has to be so high that i need probably like 10 smoothing to stop the jitter.

whats your guys opinion is it that bad that much smoothing will it hurt aiming??? should i just go 12000-16000 dpi so i dont need so much smoothing or will i probably run into aim assist algorithm issues??? mainly hoping some guys like antithessis or alanmcrgegor or other well known people can chime in thats played with an tested these theorys. still welcome to all opinions of others also who just play around with configs

worst case i may just run 3200 dpi an default but still curious on this topic with aim assist an super high dpi etc etc

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RheinlandFluch
  • PSN ID: Malarn71
Re: question when it comes to off sync and dpi
« Reply #1 on: 05:23 PM - 01/18/20 »
Don't be too scientific. Use what feels best for you, what you play best with. 3200 dpi is the golden mean for me with the xim. The only exception for me would be cod and even that I can play very well with 3200 DPI.
PS4 Pro & XB1 X
ASUS VG259Q
Apex 1000Hz
Viper UT| 3200 DPI | 1000Hz
CM MP510
Logitech GX Clicky G Pro
Soundblaster G6
Sennheiser 598

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: YT Boogeyman
Re: question when it comes to off sync and dpi
« Reply #2 on: 06:14 PM - 01/18/20 »
Don't be too scientific. Use what feels best for you, what you play best with. 3200 dpi is the golden mean for me with the xim. The only exception for me would be cod and even that I can play very well with 3200 DPI.

i like science though...lol joking aside once again just a post looking for opinions on others thoughts i like discussing these things

Admin