XIM Community

[Q/A] Using keyboard unsupported games  (Read 96 times)

Offline Whistlepigyoda

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Whistlepigyoda
  • PSN ID: Whistlepigyoda
[Q/A] Using keyboard unsupported games
« on: 10:08 PM - 01/15/20 »
Hi I bought the XIM apex hoping to play graveyard keeper complete and stardew valley with a keyboard is there a configuration to do that? Thanks
« Last Edit: 10:14 AM - 01/16/20 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Using keyboard unsupported games
« Reply #1 on: 11:15 PM - 01/15/20 »
For games without any configuration you can use one of the existing game configs that gives good results (or the generic configs at the very bottom of the list). For shooters you usually have to try a few and once you found one you can further optimize it via ballistic curve, boost, XYRatio and so on.
As for stardew valley you could probably go with any config since the game doesnt have a lot of right stick aiming interaction if i recall correctly. Alternatively try the generic configs first :).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Whistlepigyoda

• View Profile
Re: Using keyboard unsupported games
« Reply #2 on: 11:57 PM - 01/15/20 »
Thank you! I will try that tomorrow!!

Offline Whistlepigyoda

• View Profile
Re: [Q/A] Using keyboard unsupported games
« Reply #3 on: 01:36 PM - 01/16/20 »
Hi, ok I have it all set up using generic alpha but I canít get it to work. I bought a new micro usb cord and have followed the instructions. I get the flashing lights like itís connected but no response from the keyboard. The app shows all are connected but it wonít work. Any advice?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [Q/A] Using keyboard unsupported games
« Reply #4 on: 11:32 PM - 01/16/20 »
Hey,

what console are you on? Is the micro usb cord a data cable or only a charging cable? And if you are on PS4, check the console system settings under devices if you can set the communication method to wired/usb there. Only the new PS4 controllers require that.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay