XIM Community

Black Ops 5 (2020)  (Read 315 times)

Offline Stan123

• View Profile
Black Ops 5 (2020)
« on: 11:07 AM - 01/10/20 »
So who's excited?

I saw somewhere that there won't be jetpacks (should be confirmed) and that it will take place in Vietnam.

Personally I prefer Black Ops games over MW titles so I'm very excited.

Offline AP3X-LegioN

• ALL AIM, NO BRAIN!
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: AP3X-LegioN__
Re: Black Ops 5 (2020)
« Reply #1 on: 11:14 AM - 01/10/20 »
a bit too early for that i think.
PS4 PRO 2TB SSHD | XIM APEX | G502 SE White | RedThunder K50 Keypad | Turtle Beach Elite Tac Pro | Corsair HS35 | Samsung S27E330H 27"

16000DP Sync Off for Life!!!

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:42 PM - 01/10/20 »
Black Ops 4 was such a pile of dog doo I think I might be done with Trasharch. At the very least I'll wait a couple of months until the shine wears off and people start realizing everything that's wrong with the game. If it's the kind of wrong that I can handle, ie. Infinite Warfare is too hardcore, then I'll get it.   
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:49 AM - 01/13/20 »
Black Ops 4 was such a pile of dog doo

Like it.

Treyarch can make a great game they choose to make crap.

My opinion only below

World at War , one of the best games ever ( just a shame it introduced zombies )
Black ops , was too dark and campy
Black ops II was a great game,  now the game has been trashed by hacks in every lobby.
Black ops III I feel became childish with the dumb dances, dumb cosmetics and the gun balance was way off
Black ops IIII Just a trash game with hero's, more dumb cosmetics, more dumb dancing.   The character you choose decides more if you win than your gun skill.  However they did do the bare bones mode , unfortunately it doesn't have a dedicated barebones TDM, and the PC version didn't even have a Hard core TDM last time I checked.

So lets see what abomination Trearch can come up with next.

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:21 PM - 01/13/20 »
For Black Ops 1-3 I could make arguments for each one being the best COD of all time. BO4 sucked. Modern Warfare 2019 sucks.

Call of duty desperately needs a good game in 2020.
CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Logitech G203 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 Pro | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline 1ME

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:37 PM - 01/16/20 »
I think Treyarch makes the best CoDs in terms of map design and fast paced gameply (the only aspects that matter in cod) , but I really hope that they won't implement SBMM. That killed MW.

Mainly playing CoD   ▪   1600dpi   ▪   Default sync   ▪   1000hz
Play fair, have fun

Offline dpk_ydv

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: B2uT3_f02c3
« Reply #6 on: 10:57 PM - 01/16/20 »
I think Treyarch makes the best CoDs in terms of map design and fast paced gameply (the only aspects that matter in cod) , but I really hope that they won't implement SBMM. That killed MW.
I suppose SBMM was a part of every COD since advanced warfare. But modern warfare took this SBMM cr*p to a whole new level. I hope Treyarch does not baby sit new players the way MW did, just for making good sales. 

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:41 PM - 01/17/20 »
Stats BMM has been in COD since Truskill with MW2. At points it's been better or worse and they'd some times dial it back with backlash. But Treyarch seem the most commited to it and it gets worse with every entry. Their netcode is usually the worst of the other COD devs and can't support StatsBMM. This made BO4 unplayble.

Then you consider that MW2019 was a massive success. Which, obviously, Activision isn't going to interpret as people thought they were getting a classic COD but were disappointed by it not even being a COD. They'll look at the numbers and think that this is what people want. Add in the troubled development of this year's COD and Trasharch having to take over somewhere half way through.  I have no doubt that all of these factors will come together to make something so spectacularly bad that it might kill COD or at the very least, Trasharch. Especially if Dice takes the opportunity to put out a solid MOH that's basically a COD4/MW2 style game in the same time frame. Yeah, it's wishful thinking. 
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin