XIM Community

Officially quitting Fortnite: Symfuhny  (Read 1432 times)

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
Re: Officially quitting Fortnite: Symfuhny
« Reply #45 on: 02:09 AM - 01/10/20 »
Although I will say if you try to tell people in this forum to lower there AA the rest of this community may riot.

Look up some of my posts, I constantly tell people to turn off Aim assist in EVERY game that gives the option.
In fact I usually go one step further to say if the game allows native then use native for a better experience.

I see the Xim as a hardware patch allowing users the option of a more appropriate input method for games that deny players that option.

For those who can actually aim,  the aim assist does nothing but get in the way, in any game.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 07:38 PM - 01/10/20 »
Honestly, is not customization is more like they don't have an idea how to fix their aim look mechanic and throw options to patch it, on the other hand more mature (dev wise) games like Battlefield they release a simple set of customization of aiming and stick to it, because they know what they are doing. Epic doesn't.

I like how XIM Team don't give it preferential support just because is popular, there is new game releases every week.Besides, the amount of extra support that Fortnite needs is absurd.

At one point, I though if I was on XIM Tech, I will release like a separated payed subscription for Fortnite ST, with different ST's, even though always had a lopsided deadzone... when Epic ruin it introducing heavy timed acceleration, that was the nail of the coffin for me, never will feel as good as Season 1-4.

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 02:46 AM - 01/13/20 »
alanmcgregor

Epic do know exactly what they are doing, they have been around FPS games since 1998 with some of the most accurate FPS  shooters in history ( The unreal series ) and 3rd person shooters since 2006 ( Gears of War ) their engine is the most popular engine used in the games industry.

The problem is they are trying to please too many people.
They have the PC players (M/KB)  who are cry babies because aim assist is too string for the controllers so they feel it's unfair.
The controller people tend to think they need even more aim assist to compete against the KB/M people.

They are trying to balance the game for all to enjoy from the complete newbie, who needs help to have  a chance to win a fight to the seasoned pro who needs a challenge.

They are also constantly changing the game in bad ways to gain publicity with all the cry baby complainers, then they change it to improve so they are the hero dev team, A very clever plan

But please don't suggest the clowns at DICE did anything but an absolute hash job with BF5, that game is messed up in every way possible compared to BF3 BF4 and BF1.

Offline Filipendio360

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 05:12 AM - 01/14/20 »
The thing is people arent grasping is this will be a never ending battle with us an then the devs. Because people arent listening. The guys who make these stís tailor it to have the best feeling im assuming as close to pc as possible they turn aim assist off when making these stís to ensure the best movement an tracking etc etc micro movement all of it.

Then when the st is made how ever it deals with aim assist is just what we have to deal with an tailor our configs to. So the new advanced settings basically have the best movement least acceleration etc etc. the only issue we are all running into is 1. The aim assist is very hard to adjust to using a xim with new settings. 2. Lets be real legacy just happens to be better(at end of day this is opinion) not just cause of L2 spam, but the aim assist is just more consistent to.

where new advanced settings the closer you get the stronger aim assist gets making close up fights very hard then when people are far its non existent hard to adapt to muscle memory. when one minute your fighting the aim assist next minute its non existent. Where legacy from each distance the aim assist is closer to the same strength making muscle memory alot easier.

So i dont think its 100% the devs dont care i think we see it our way they see it there way and to be fair they have mentioned they dont train these with aim assist they train them to just be as accurate as possible. We just happened to get unlucky and have now a horrible experience with aim assist. All we can do is adapt, or maybe turn aim assist off or go native.

It seems to me that since many people, including those who contributed to the xim development, no longer play fortnite because the level has risen a lot and therefore the xim advantages are weakened, this device is no longer properly supported. The development of a new ST cannot be made by those who do not play or by those who play a few hours or a few days. So things are done in a hurry and badly because is no longer of interest to those who took care of and devoted time to this. It is not true that epic modifies things in secret or makes 1000 updates or things invented for convenience, it would be enough to do things well and as they did until a few seasons ago.
I hope this is not due to a marketing choice to launch a new product, because those who paid 150 euros for xim also did it to play fortnite and because there was reliable support behind it.
Changes to the target mechanics are not as frequent as Xim support say. To me they seem only excuses because there hasn't been enough time left and we notice it from the last things done that have never gone well and not because Epic has just changed mechanics as soon as published the ST ^^
The truth?
Epic doesn't give a @#$% about Xim and xim's support doesn't give a @#$% about fortnite anymore.

I have been using Xim Apex since season 6 and i have any problem... in this season i have won 2 prices in tournaments and i use to play boxfights with some "famous" players in wagers...

Xim for me is more than perfect in Fortnite.

For 1 motnh more or less i have bought a PC and an x1 controller and i am playing as I did in my ps4 pro, without any issue.

If you need help i can share my config or whatever you need.

PD: Srry for my english, i am spanish
« Last Edit: 05:25 AM - 01/14/20 by Filipendio360 »