XIM Community

Does Swiftpoint Z no longer work with Xim4?  (Read 304 times)

Offline AlphaZ3R0

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UCHIHA MADARA
  • PSN ID: mobbdabeast
Does Swiftpoint Z no longer work with Xim4?
« on: 04:09 PM - 01/01/20 »
I have been using my Z with the Xim4 for some time now. Just came back to play GOW, but none of the binding set up with the Z software work, nor do the special buttons outside of the normal mouse buttons. Bound both Press & Release, permanently flashed the profile to the mouse (using menu in upper left)... yet it doesn't register anything with the XIM4 at all, not one binding. I also have the latest XIM4 firmware and manager.

Has something changed recently with compatibility?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Does Swiftpoint Z no longer work with Xim4?
« Reply #1 on: 05:46 PM - 01/01/20 »
Did you update your XIM4's firmware or your Swiftpoint Z's firmware before this happened?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline AlphaZ3R0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:52 PM - 01/01/20 »
I updated the Swiftpoint firmware, Xim4 hasn't been updated since the final releases. I have used the Xim4-Z combo as late as Borderlands 3 with no problems.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 12:15 PM - 01/02/20 »
Are you able to revert your mouse firmware back?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline AlphaZ3R0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:15 PM - 01/02/20 »
I got it working just now. I forgot that you need to merge your profile with the Global Profile in Z software. I also turned the OLED to display profiles. It simply didn't read my profile, but all is good now. Thanks.

I haven't used the Apex yet, does it automatically detect the special buttons on the Z, or is detection based on how you set up the Z software?

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #5 on: 04:45 AM - 01/03/20 »
It detects all the regular buttons, but some of them need to be assigned as keyboard keys in order to get all the functionality to work.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, Radeon RX 5700 XT, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!