XIM Community

XIM4 SandhawC Support - Manager Not Responding  (Read 737 times)

Offline VengefulDeathCow

• View Profile
XIM4 SandhawC Support - Manager Not Responding
« on: 08:56 PM - 12/18/19 »
The Issues

Connecting to the XIM4 manager while the transfer cable is plugged in causes the XIM4 manager to load or attempt to connect for around 45 seconds before it stops responding.

Unplugging the cable from the XIM4 and attempting to connect works fine, but plugging the cable in after connecting and then opening SandhawC causes SandhawC to stop responding.

Opening SandhawC without opening the XIM4 manager is the most promising as SandhawC actually functions for a few moments while it tries to connect to the XIM4 manager.  The manager goes through the same routine as above before it stops responding along with SandhawC.

Troubleshooting So Far

Let me answer the obvious questions up front. I have updated my XIM4 to the latest firmware and the manager is the most recent version as well. 

The transfer cable I am using is the Belkin Easy Transfer Cable recommended by the guide, it is the exact one purchased from an amazon link in the comments.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for the cable and confirmed it is the most up to date one as well.  I also tried an Amazon Plugable transfer cable which has the exact same issues as I am going to list below.

I am using an Xbox One X with the most up to date OS.  The controller is a standard Xbox One controller which is also up to date.

My PC is running Windows 10 - Version 1909 - OS Build 18363.535.  This is the most current version.

The manager does work on both my phone and computer.  The XIM4 works perfectly when plugged directly into my mouse and keyboard.  This is a real hassle to switch back and forth which is why I was excited to learn about the SandhawC program.

I am completely out of ideas for what the problem could be, any advice on further troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 SandhawC Support - Manager Not Responding
« Reply #1 on: 10:32 AM - 12/19/19 »
Sorry but I'm not too familiar with SandhawC or it's troubleshooting but I would start with the list of requirements and the short troubleshooting section in it's guide:

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=43557.0

Testing the cable in other USB ports on the PC and verifying that the cable's transfer ability between two PCs is working would make sense too.

I don't recall specifics but I don't think you can connect to Manager wirelessly then connect to it with the transfer cable. Choose one or the other each time you power XIM to troubleshoot. I can move this to the Commander/SandhawC section where those more familiar with the app might have advice.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos