XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20191130]  (Read 10165 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20191130] (**LATEST**)
« Reply #30 on: 10:34 AM - 12/07/19 »
No, don't set a Deactivation key.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Silk

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10:58 AM - 12/07/19 »
No, don't set a Deactivation key.

Great, thanks obsiv!

Offline Andomgo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10:08 AM - 12/10/19 »
I did what you said and at first didn't work, now i feel so dumb because the only thing i had to do was to change the DS communication method of bluetooth to USB cable. 
Finally got wired elite 2 to work. Had to plug xim back into PC and restore to defaults (blowing away all configs). Now works great with a cross over controller config.

Ok. I have now updated to latest 20191130 beta Firmware, and latest firmware for the Elite Series 2 controller. I can not get the wired configuration to work.

I have the following:

1) PS4, with controller connection set to wired (though wireless still works if I hit a PS button I have found)
2) Dualshock 4 plugged into xim hub, port 3.
3) Xbox Elite plugged into xim hub, port 1.
4) Hub plugged into xim apex.
5) Xim Apex plugged into PS4.

I can  see on the application manager that the xim recognizes an xbox controller. I load a crossover controller configuration and no buttons are recognized if I hit them on the elite controller. If I hit the DS4 buttons, the manager shows the inputs.

Not sure what to try?

Offline tonaz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: T0NAZ
« Reply #33 on: 07:40 AM - 12/15/19 »
Coming from the Xim 4 using the MW STv2 (2x) at 1.5 in game to the Apex using the STv1 at 1.33 in game on this firmware took me a few days to dial in my settings.

This Beta firmware does the trick fixing the transition issue as long as you keep it under 1.3(3) in game. In my opinion feels better with Default sync than OFF.  Also had to use some curves, Smoothing and Steady Aim. 

Hopefully one day we will be graced by OBsIV with the STv2 because I think I can get more "Juice" out of that with this firmware than I can with the STv1.  It's all about the squeeze.

Either way thanks for the Beta it's a good step forward as it got me back on the Apex.

Ho, why don't you share your config?

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08:28 AM - 12/15/19 »
Any ETA on when a new firmware will be released that will detect controller at startup so we dont have to hit the Xbox button on the controller?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #35 on: 12:11 PM - 12/15/19 »
Any ETA on when a new firmware will be released that will detect controller at startup so we dont have to hit the Xbox button on the controller?

The next released firmware will add wireless capability to Elite 2 for cross console. Unfortunately we may not be able to fix the controller startup issue.

Offline nomihs

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08:47 AM - 12/16/19 »

The next released firmware will add wireless capability to Elite 2 for cross console. Unfortunately we may not be able to fix the controller startup issue.

so impatient ...

is it also possible to take charge of the vibration of the joysticks?

thank you

Offline Anoxia

• View Profile
Re: XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20191130]
« Reply #37 on: 04:35 PM - 12/22/19 »
Just a quick question on the deactivation delay for COD MW. I noticed that some are using deactivation keys. Is this necessary? I thought the delay was added when you let go of the ADS key.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20191130]
« Reply #38 on: 11:01 AM - 12/23/19 »
No, do not use deactivation keys. These are extra buttons you can declare that should cause your XIM to go back from Hip from ADS. They are only used if you want to simulate toggle ADS.