XIM Community

to all you kids that complained about the v2 for call of duty mw2019  (Read 6035 times)

Offline ValkyrieSins

• View Profile
I wouldn't say I am plug and I play, I have followed a lot of peoples set ups to the point I have a decent understanding of how it works, but the problem I had with STv2 was that it felt like I was aiming through mud, where as STv1 feels smooth, responsive, snappy and fluid. It's night an day difference for me and I tried so many things to try and make STv2 better and nothing worked.

That being said I think we should have access to both STs, as the current argument is that STv1 is better for 'plug and play' I don't see a reason why not to have both so everyone is happy.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
I have no time for XIMmers that say MW STv2 is better. It's not better, it's just different. If you like twitchy gameplay, v2 is for you. If you prefer more nuanced movement, you'll love v1.

But that's not the point. The majority of XIM users do not come onto this forum. They just plug in their Apex, adjust sensitivity and play. Modern Warfare Smart Translator version 1 works out of the box. No tweaking required. Perfect for the majority. We, the vocal minority, want to customise how mouse aiming feels with the XIM. We come to the forum to learn and end up staying. We encourage, teach, preach and argue.
But we also tweak.
A lot.
ST v2 needs ADS animation adjustments in order to work properly, which is fine for those that tweak (us) but we shouldn't expect the plug and play majority to have to tweak too. It's not what they want from their device, so lets stop thinking that we should have everything our own way all the time, please, and think about what's right for the majority, instead.

Having said all that, I think that a game as popular as Modern Warfare, that has two, distinctly different aiming mechanics, should have two discrete STs.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, GTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x .5 TB Samsung Evo SSD, 1TB Crucial MX 500, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
I donít even have any advanced settings on my STV2 setup. Just have ingame ADS set to 1.5 and same XIM ADS sens that I used for BO4. Hip sens is a bit lower, but otherwise this feels like IW and BO4, unlike playing with STV1, which didnít even feel like a CoD game.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
I donít even have any advanced settings on my STV2 setup. Just have ingame ADS set to 1.5
So you've tweaked your in-game ADS sensitivity instead, presumably based on settings that you'd experimented with or had read about in this forum. That is not what the majority of Apex users would do.
...unlike playing with STV1, which didnít even feel like a CoD game.
Did Does to me, 'cos we have different playstyles.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, GTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x .5 TB Samsung Evo SSD, 1TB Crucial MX 500, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
I have no time for XIMmers that say MW STv2 is better. It's not better, it's just different. If you like twitchy gameplay, v2 is for you. If you prefer more nuanced movement, you'll love v1.

But that's not the point. The majority of XIM users do not come onto this forum. They just plug in their Apex, adjust sensitivity and play. Modern Warfare Smart Translator version 1 works out of the box. No tweaking required. Perfect for the majority. We, the vocal minority, want to customize how mouse aiming feels with the XIM. We come to the forum to learn and end up staying. We encourage, teach, preach and argue.
But we also tweak.
A lot.
ST v2 needs ADS animation adjustments in order to work properly, which is fine for those that tweak (us) but we shouldn't expect the plug and play majority to have to tweak too. It's not what they want from their device, so lets stop thinking that we should have everything our own way all the time, please, and think about what's right for the majority, instead.

Having said all that, I think that a game as popular as Modern Warfare, that has two, distinctly different aiming mechanics, should have two discrete STs.

Very well put. For the future of big releases like cod and bf they should have something set in stone like this for the advanced users. Thank god drunk me made a backup my profile, i love that guy.

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
Very well put. For the future of big releases like cod and bf they should have something set in stone like this for the advanced users. Thank god drunk me made a backup my profile, i love that guy.

Backups don't actually save ST's do they? otherwise it would be able to be shared with everyone.

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile

Backups don't actually save ST's do they? otherwise it would be able to be shared with everyone.

https://filebin.net/jk46xo9qyx5bsrmk

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20191113]

Does not save ST's but saves the profile that has the outdated ST :)

worked for me. If you are trying it, back up your own stuff.
« Last Edit: 11:46 AM - 11/27/19 by havoxxx »

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
That's pretty interesting,  I suggest someone that doesn't have STV2 and want's to try it to go on and download havoxxx his backup file and let us know if it works.  ;D
You should get an indicator on the hip profile box that looks like /!\ and when you tap on it you should get the message "mouse translation is out of date".

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
I remember that these was possible previous on the Gold Firmware (the one without SAB, SA3 and Deactivation Delay), but required Factory reset to build, then restore the backup and then the first time you open the XIM Manager and link XIM Apex with it you should avoid to update the Games library when prompted.

Offline Tendrop

• View Profile
Thanks.  I tried but it did not work for me.  I didn't get the out of date icon that Prodigy mentioned. 

Backed up my configs and installed the file but no luck.  Could be user error though. 

Maybe someone else can get it right.

Offline ilkre4

• View Profile

This is not accurate at all lol but Iím not here to argue.

Iím just thankful to have both and to each their own.

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
@OBsIV question for you. 

As of right now is there no way for us to do an "Offline" install of ST's?  It would be great if it was possible for you to give us the "Game Library update" that brought us 2x ST as an offline file that we could then force install.  From there everyone can use that to create some 2x st configs then update to the current "Game Library" yet still keep their 2x st's.

PS4 / Xbox One
Xim Apex / Xim 4
Cooler Master MM710 16k @1000hz
Zowie G-TF SPAWN PAD
Netduma to OpenWRT "Cake/PieceOfCake"
BenQ XL2420T
Astro A40 + Mixamp

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
I'm pretty sure that's possible with the PC-Manager, if someone hasn't updated the ST library and is still able to create x2 configs, they could upload the .ximmr file for people who use PC-Manager & manually install it.

Location of the file should be here on Windows.
C:\ProgramData\XIM Technologies\XIM5\

"XIM4-20191115-224141.ximmr" is the latest with x1 - So you want a slightly older version that has x2 ADS
« Last Edit: 12:10 PM - 11/28/19 by He4DHuNt3r »
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
@OBsIV question for you. 

As of right now is there no way for us to do an "Offline" install of ST's?  It would be great if it was possible for you to give us the "Game Library update" that brought us 2x ST as an offline file that we could then force install.  From there everyone can use that to create some 2x st configs then update to the current "Game Library" yet still keep their 2x st's.

No, that's not possible. I hope everyone can understand that we can't start getting into the pattern of releasing multiple Configs per game. The support burden would be extreme -- especially since game makers are starting to update their aiming systems more frequently. We made an exception for Overwatch and R6S since those game developers are so bad, but, IW isn't. We need a single set of settings for Hip and ADS. We shipped x1. Then replaced with x2 per user request and the backlash was severe. Constant posts and PMs from a lot of people (much more than here).

We'd be willing to update the ST if there was a single list of settings (no curve) that worked for everyone. Right now, x1 is closest to that.

Does IW acknowledge these problems on their forums?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Does IW acknowledge these problems on their forums?

Not that I can see :-\

I've posted about it on Reddit but haven't gotten a reply from anyone @ IW

Would appreciate it if more people could upvote the post, comment & link the community manager to get her attention.

u/ashtonisVULCAN_IW

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/dtpi54/ads_sensitivity_transition_timing_is_configured/
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).