XIM Community

G Pro Wireless or Viper Ultimate?  (Read 3545 times)

Offline dpk_ydv

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: B2uT3_f02c3
Re: G Pro Wireless or Viper Ultimate?
« Reply #30 on: 11:00 PM - 02/08/20 »
Yeah, usually this long after I've gotten a new mouse the magic has worn off and it's like, "yeah, it does the job." I'm still in love with this mouse. Mixed with the amp300 it's so good I'm playing MW2019 without aim assist. If we could've gotten an updated max ADS ST it would be perfect.
Have you tried the steelseries Dex? How does it compare to the AMP300? I am thinking about getting the AMP just because the Dex feels too small. I just hope SS releases a larger version of Dex.

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05:30 AM - 02/09/20 »

Viper is truly amaze balls though. The shape/Grip and the added Y,X DPI feature takes it to the next level.

Recoil? Lol.. WTH is that! Not an issue you'll ever have when you set you Y DPI higher then your X value. Such a great feature!

This ;)

Recently i have massacred the right click button with heavy grit sand paper due to accidental lazy palm grip clicks coming from pro intellimouse and now i can finally feel free to say i have the perfect lazy palm grip speedster  :)

Offline JerremyWillen1

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06:29 AM - 02/09/20 »
Had the G502 and Viper U, satisfied with both, but the Viper feels more natural to me.

Offline ozzixdd

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: OzZi_Wariat
« Reply #33 on: 07:05 AM - 02/09/20 »
viper has a built-in memory option?  will you remember the change of colors or the macro on the button?
I have g502 wireless and I think hard about this viper ultimate.
Is it possible to connect the adapter separately under xim and charging from another source?

Offline dpk_ydv

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07:47 AM - 02/09/20 »
Yes, the viper has on board memory and profiles can be changed on the fly without synapse. Also the macros can be stored on board and used without synapse, but the colours and RGB can't be.  But you have to be connected via the bluetooth dongle for the macro to function properly. when I would connect using the provided cable to PS4, the macros were not performing as expected.
And you can connect USB dongle to XIM and charging dock to other source.

Offline ozzixdd

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10:46 AM - 02/09/20 »
But if it connects properly under ps4, will the macro work through xim?

Offline dpk_ydv

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12:37 PM - 02/09/20 »
Yes, the macros work perfectly on XIM. But make sure you are not connecting it wired for the macros to work properly. 
If you are looking for rapid fire,  there is an option to assign 'turbo mode' clicks, you don't even need a macro.

Offline ozzixdd

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04:06 PM - 02/09/20 »
that's exactly what I'm looking for.  I will buy then

Offline Prod1337

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10:01 AM - 02/10/20 »
Was just curious if anyone had made the switch and what are your thoughts between the two? I just got the G Pro a week ago, and Iím still in the period where I can exchange if need be.

Nah forget all those recommendations! Try out the Steelseries Rival 600 and you will be amazed ;D

(from a long time G502 User)

If you want true 1:1 Tracking like youre hand is ur Aim go with the Rival 600.

1:1 Tracking is from 0-3500 DPI tho just a heads up

I have the Rival 600.

Gpro and Viper both outperform it for several reasons.
Being Lighter and wireless being the top two.

Viper is truly amaze balls though. The shape/Grip and the added Y,X DPI feature takes it to the next level.

Recoil? Lol.. WTH is that! Not an issue you'll ever have when you set you Y DPI higher then your X value. Such a great feature!

I seen that in the settings too, but I never messed with it! I play apex legends, what increment should I increase Y value to combat recoil?!

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04:33 PM - 02/10/20 »
Yes, the macros work perfectly on XIM. But make sure you are not connecting it wired for the macros to work properly. 
If you are looking for rapid fire,  there is an option to assign 'turbo mode' clicks, you don't even need a macro.

I haven't messed with it much because I usually don't use macros, but how did you get them to work?

I seen that in the settings too, but I never messed with it! I play apex legends, what increment should I increase Y value to combat recoil?!

I increase it by about 15-20% for PUBG. Every game is different though. Maybe use 5% increments until recoil feels manageable for you. Just make sure it doesn't effect your aim, at some point you'll start making eggs instead of circles. I found 20% is as high as I liked to go.

Offline dpk_ydv

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11:29 PM - 02/10/20 »
I haven't messed with it much because I usually don't use macros, but how did you get them to work?
I just followed a random youtube video on creating a macro in synapse 3.
https://youtu.be/JLqHxiWiuK8
 I was trying rapid fire in particular. I assigned my left click to a side button, and associated the created rapid fire macro to the LMB. It seems the bluetooth dongle is an important part of the on board memory. So I connected it wirelessly and it worked perfectly. on wired mode the macro din't function properly. But instead of using rapid fire, I have started using 'turbo click' with 7 clicks.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02:28 PM - 02/11/20 »
Yeah, usually this long after I've gotten a new mouse the magic has worn off and it's like, "yeah, it does the job." I'm still in love with this mouse. Mixed with the amp300 it's so good I'm playing MW2019 without aim assist. If we could've gotten an updated max ADS ST it would be perfect.
Have you tried the steelseries Dex? How does it compare to the AMP300? I am thinking about getting the AMP just because the Dex feels too small. I just hope SS releases a larger version of Dex.

Haven't tried the Dex. Wish I could since some members here gave it high praise but it seems to be discontinued. Still AMP300 is my favorite mat after trying some other well reviews mats
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05:23 AM - 02/15/20 »
Yes, the viper has on board memory and profiles can be changed on the fly without synapse. Also the macros can be stored on board and used without synapse, but the colours and RGB can't be.  But you have to be connected via the bluetooth dongle for the macro to function properly. when I would connect using the provided cable to PS4, the macros were not performing as expected.
And you can connect USB dongle to XIM and charging dock to other source.

Viper Ultimate, the best mouse i ever had but i can't make macros to work on XIM. If i connect the usb wireless dongle in xim apex port 1 mouse is not recognised only if i connect to xim apex port 1 the charging dock with the usb wireless dongle attached to it but then macros and turbo mode doesnt work well. What am i doing wrong? Can you explain how you connect everything? I'm using PS4 PRO and xim apex.
« Last Edit: 05:28 AM - 02/15/20 by ColdMan »

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03:55 PM - 02/15/20 »
I'm curious for some feedback using x 2800 y 4200 on cloth. Been using this on both platforms (pc & ps4) .. I'm getting stupidly good connection or insane aim  without AA.

Edit AA enabled on ps4

Offline Hybridjones

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Hybridjones
« Reply #44 on: 11:11 PM - 02/16/20 »

Viper Ultimate, the best mouse i ever had but i can't make macros to work on XIM. If i connect the usb wireless dongle in xim apex port 1 mouse is not recognised only if i connect to xim apex port 1 the charging dock with the usb wireless dongle attached to it but then macros and turbo mode doesnt work well. What am i doing wrong? Can you explain how you connect everything? I'm using PS4 PRO and xim apex.
[/quote]
See im having trouble connecting via my dongle. Im using a virtual machine to run synapse 3 on my mac and cannot seem to get the wireless connection going.