XIM Community

G Pro Wireless or Viper Ultimate?  (Read 5720 times)

Offline Prod1337

• View Profile
G Pro Wireless or Viper Ultimate?
« on: 09:16 AM - 11/23/19 »
Was just curious if anyone had made the switch and what are your thoughts between the two? I just got the G Pro a week ago, and Iím still in the period where I can exchange if need be.

Offline hey zim

• View Profile
Re: G Pro Wireless or Viper Ultimate?
« Reply #1 on: 10:19 PM - 12/04/19 »
iíve had my g pro for a minute now. tried and true and always wins. razer is junk imo. plus the g pro lasts forever and the sensor is spot on.

Offline Obie_1_Kenobi

• May the force be with you...
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Lamassu on Battlenet
« Reply #2 on: 05:54 AM - 12/05/19 »
Was just curious if anyone had made the switch and what are your thoughts between the two? I just got the G Pro a week ago, and Iím still in the period where I can exchange if need be.

I have had logitech and Razer for many years. Went from a G502 Hero to a Razer basilisk Ultimate Wireless. Best mouse on the market! Newer than Viper. Gpro is a great mouse as well. But do your research. Basilisk is 20k dpi if you like to play at high Dpi. The higher the better for me. Make some adjustments and fine tune done. I would say just keep the Gpro.

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:02 AM - 01/07/20 »

I have had logitech and Razer for many years. Went from a G502 Hero to a Razer basilisk Ultimate Wireless. Best mouse on the market! Newer than Viper. Gpro is a great mouse as well. But do your research. Basilisk is 20k dpi if you like to play at high Dpi. The higher the better for me. Make some adjustments and fine tune done. I would say just keep the Gpro.

I was looking forward to hearing about this mouse, is it the same as the normal basilisk (except for sensor)? I loved that scroll wheel & that changeable lever button
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline x Mayze x

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Mayze x
« Reply #4 on: 07:47 AM - 01/07/20 »
Most of the top mouse tech reviews are placing the Viper Ultimate higher than the G-pro wireless. I went with the Viper U and I'm more than happy with it. The performance for both are incredible. It really comes down to the shape and feel for you.

Offline MeteoroBR

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MeteoroBR
« Reply #5 on: 11:58 AM - 01/07/20 »

I bought both. And I think I like Viper better.

Offline BUNGEE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:55 AM - 01/08/20 »
I got them both too... Upgraded from a g903 and couldn't choose between the two.
Viper has the better mouse feet and sensor and I'm faster and more accurate with it than the g pro wireless. I do like the shape of g pro better because I use palm grip, plus build quality seems better to me.

My right mouse button of the viper ultimate is a bit more loose than lmb. Not what I expected from a 160 euro mouse.

Viper is still my main though because of accuracy and speed. Better results in cod.

Offline jd1boo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:29 PM - 01/16/20 »
I am on my third g pro wireless.  Previous 2 eventually developed double left click issue which rendered them unusable.  I would be cautious purchasing the g pro or just expect that you may have to rma it after a few months.

Offline Cizque

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:21 AM - 01/17/20 »
Im on my first GPW and had it over a year, maybe try not to finger it so hard

Offline Lukino

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ManHasNoName85
« Reply #9 on: 03:33 PM - 01/17/20 »
I switched from GPro to viper ultimate. IMO is lot better with better grip and lighter

Offline S

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:50 PM - 01/22/20 »
Have a Viper, G-Pro, 502 Wireless, Mx518, SS Rival and the Ultralight 2.
The G-Pro sensor is better than the Vipers, no contest. The G-Pro compared to the viper however feels like a brick. It's a weird mixture of shape and build quality. The G pro is much higher and bigger than the Viper, but the quality is also miles above. Whereas the Viper feels like plastic, the G-pro feels sturdy and built like a tank which is positive. Both are really good picks, but if you like lighter and smaller mice go with the viper. If you want quality and something you can feel in your hand go with the G-Pro. Having said that, i'd take the Ultralight 2 over either every single time.
Mice: Ultralight 2, Deathadder V2, G-pro Wireless, Viper, Viper Ultimate, G502, Rival 310, MX518L, G203, G305, G Pro Ultralight, Model O Wireless.
Favorite: AAA Lithium modded G305.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:27 AM - 01/23/20 »
People keep saying that Logitech is reliable and Razer is junk ...well tell that to my G Pro wireless middle mouse button, and tell it to stop friggin double clicking when it feels like it!

Both my Logitech G pro and Corsair Ironclaw developed faults. The scroll wheel Up/Down on my Ironclaw stopped working and I went back to my G Pro and yep ... it's still double clicking.

I bought a Razer Basilisk Ultimate yesterday after reading good reviews, and also that double clicking shouldn't be a thing with their switches.

This mouse feels GOOD, and the scroll wheel adjustabiliy is neat ... it's early days yet, but if this lasts it will be well worth the high price tag.

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #12 on: 07:06 AM - 01/23/20 »
The new 3399 sensor in the razers is the best sensor out right now, also just purchased a basilisk v2 which has the new 20k sensor what dpi is everyone using. My old basilisk didnít have jitter at 4K dpi but for some reason this new sensor does

Offline Relys

• MVP
  • Master of Computer Science
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Relys
  • PSN ID: Relys
« Reply #13 on: 10:39 AM - 01/25/20 »
I decided to go with the Razer Viper Ultimate as it has a few edges on the G Pro. Great mouse.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:40 AM - 01/25/20 »
I don't have any of those, only G305 I aim better with smaller mice.

But I think both are great, shape and comfort should be the determinant factor.