XIM Community

How bad is it to turn in game ads down?  (Read 318 times)

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bb4life1990
How bad is it to turn in game ads down?
« on: 04:17 AM - 11/19/19 »
Question in fortnite or any game for that matter. How bad is it to basically have your xim hip an ads the same an just lower your ads in game? That way it doesnt affect me placing stairs(dont want to bind it to something else). I was playing around just to mess with thing to see what would happen. I turned my in game x an y sensitivity down to like .250 instead of 1.000. And turned up my xim app sense alot an it made things super wonky an messed up.(like i said just was testing to see what happens) it made me wonder though how bad am i being affected since i lower my in game ads sense to sometimes .650-.800 sometimes. Will it make it harder to aim or have less control or make it harder for bullets to hit?

Offline 1ME

• View Profile
Re: How bad is it to turn in game ads down?
« Reply #1 on: 11:39 AM - 11/19/19 »
Yeah, you risk losing 1 to 1 mouse translation, but the worst thing imo is that you make your turn cap worse

Mainly playing CoD   ▪   1600dpi   ▪   Default sync   ▪   1000hz
Play fair, have fun

Online mickyg77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:59 AM - 11/19/19 »
Ya turn cap will mess with your swipe. When you try and do a quick swipe and you move your mouse faster than the ADS speed in the game you're gonna bottom out and have wasted mouse movement and slowed aim. This is why technically the best thing would be to have an in game ADS sensitivity of greater than 1 and than just lower sensitivity with the xim. This way you have a high cap for when you try and do faster longer swipes.

You can test this by trying to do a medium length fast swipe and you will see that you come up way shorter when the ADS sens is turned down in game.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 03:03 PM - 11/19/19 »
As above, you lose 1:1 mouse translation, but itís your game, do what you want.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:38 PM - 11/19/19 »
As above, you lose 1:1 mouse translation, but itís your game, do what you want.

Ya just want to know whatís optimal it sucks cause like i said i dont like using a different bind for placing stairs. Im kinda slow i guess lol but what exactly do you mean 1:1 mouse translation? Could this really hurt like tracking when ads etc etc?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 06:54 PM - 11/19/19 »
XIM Smart Translators are trained at max in-game sensitivity. The result is a 1:1 translation of mouse movement with the game's look mechanics.

As soon as you diverge from vanilla XIM ST, you lose that 1:1 translation by adding acceleration, or increasing the deadzone, or adding delay via smoothing etc. If OBsIV had his way, we wouldn't have any Expert settings because it muddies the clean waters of the ST :)

Muck around with in-game sensitivity if you want to toy with more AA (the lower the in-game sens, the higher AA tends to be), but mouse movement will be compromised in relation to the ST.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:22 PM - 11/19/19 »
XIM Smart Translators are trained at max in-game sensitivity. The result is a 1:1 translation of mouse movement with the game's look mechanics.

As soon as you diverge from vanilla XIM ST, you lose that 1:1 translation by adding acceleration, or increasing the deadzone, or adding delay via smoothing etc. If OBsIV had his way, we wouldn't have any Expert settings because it muddies the clean waters of the ST :)

Muck around with in-game sensitivity if you want to toy with more AA (the lower the in-game sens, the higher AA tends to be), but mouse movement will be compromised in relation to the ST.

Ahh ok I understand now. Really its only fortnite that id want to due to well it can affect placing your stairs i donít necessarily do it for more aim assist its just when my ads is as fast as my hip its a bit to fast an hard to aim. Fortnite is all i play. I should be able to lower my ads in xim though cause shouldnt need super fast speed for stairs honestly thanks for response.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:17 PM - 11/19/19 »
If you are using aim assist (ADS lock-on and slowdown), is not big deal.

For games without aim assist or very precise 1:1 like RS6 or PuBG is not recommended.

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:36 PM - 11/19/19 »

Ahh ok I understand now. Really its only fortnite that id want to due to well it can affect placing your stairs i donít necessarily do it for more aim assist its just when my ads is as fast as my hip its a bit to fast an hard to aim. Fortnite is all i play. I should be able to lower my ads in xim though cause shouldnt need super fast speed for stairs honestly thanks for response.
I've never played fortnight but I read in the forums a while back when fortni.... first came out people having the same problem, you might want to look back through the shared configs because I think they figured it out.

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:42 PM - 11/19/19 »

I've never played fortnight but I read in the forums a while back when fortni.... first came out people having the same problem, you might want to look back through the shared configs because I think they figured it out.

Well im pretty sure there is only 2 fixes either bind your stairs to a different key instead of righf click or just change your in game ads sensitivity but that messes up the 1:1 these guys are saying

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:06 AM - 11/20/19 »
If OBsIV had his way, we wouldn't have any Expert settings because it muddies the clean waters of the ST

If there was not an advanced option I couldn't use the Xim Apex at all. Or, I would have to change many many years of subconscious movement) , I simply MUST use the secondary binds which are hidden behind the advanced settings.
I also use the ballistic curve to stop me from ever being able to hit the turn limit in game.

I wasn't impressed when the Apex manager removed so much basic functionality from the Xim 4 Manager, but I learned to live with it.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #11 on: 05:08 AM - 11/20/19 »
If OBsIV had his way, we wouldn't have any Expert settings because it muddies the clean waters of the ST

If there was not an advanced option I couldn't use the Xim Apex at all. Or, I would have to change many many years of subconscious movement) , I simply MUST use the secondary binds which are hidden behind the advanced settings.
I also use the ballistic curve to stop me from ever being able to hit the turn limit in game.

I wasn't impressed when the Apex manager removed so much basic functionality from the Xim 4 Manager, but I learned to live with it.
The genie can't be put back in the bottle.

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:10 PM - 11/20/19 »

The genie can't be put back in the bottle.

Absolutely :-)