XIM Community

Poll

Please can we have a ST for Legacy settings?

I want a Legacy ST.
I don't want a Legacy ST.

Fortnite Legacy ST  (Read 6903 times)

Offline Snoofy

• View Profile
Re: Fortnite Legacy ST
« Reply #15 on: 07:02 AM - 11/18/19 »
I think the devs said already that the advanced settings are better i still personally like legacy better. And idk if its just me but with advance settings an me using new st for whatever reason when i aim shooting my smg an aiming down sites it will stop aiming down sites by itself an i think sometimes quit shooting its really weird
I don't doubt that the developers are very good but we play Fortnite every day, we have tried every possible setting and if at least 2/3 of us say that the legacy settings are better it is because it is true

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: YT Boogeyman
« Reply #16 on: 07:35 AM - 11/18/19 »
ya i dont complain luckily i still have 3 old st's saved so im not affected. but advanced settings just arent for me i could maybe find a sweet spot if i tried messing with settings alot but its just not for me. up close the aim assist is insanely strong then with some distance its completely different just a wonky feeling for me i could probably play with the aim assist strength an dpi's an syncs for instance i havnt tried like 16k dpi then off sync. i may eventually try it again not sure. the biggest thing for me is the smg glitch with it. ive lost fights cause my smg willl quit aiming down sights an stop firing i have to let go of both buttons then press again

Offline mikeyfnbrennan

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: mikeyfnbrennan2
« Reply #17 on: 02:29 AM - 11/19/19 »
Still using legacy settings and  using the P4.2 config.

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03:11 AM - 11/19/19 »
Still using legacy settings and  using the P4.2 config.

old st or new? new st works with legacy just gotta double ur sense

Offline x Mayze x

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Mayze x
« Reply #19 on: 08:19 AM - 11/19/19 »
Close combat with advanced settings is borderline cheating. I don't see how anybody has a problem with the strong AA in close combat.You just need to have your cursor in the vicinity of the enemy and just spam left click. The AA is so strong you don't have to aim at all.

The only problem with aiming I have is with the Sniper rifle. The tracking AA is too strong for sniping for me. But for Assault rifles the tracking is great. I can snipe better with the burst/assault than the actual sniper.

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08:21 AM - 11/19/19 »
Close combat with advanced settings is borderline cheating. I don't see how anybody has a problem with the strong AA in close combat.You just need to have your cursor in the vicinity of the enemy and just spam left click. The AA is so strong you don't have to aim at all.

The only problem with aiming I have is with the Sniper rifle. The tracking AA is too strong for sniping for me. But for Assault rifles the tracking is great. I can snipe better with the burst/assault than the actual sniper.

what settings you using? hertz,dpi,sync

Offline x Mayze x

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Mayze x
« Reply #21 on: 08:44 AM - 11/19/19 »

1000hz, 12,000 dpi, common sync. I'm not at home so I can't recall the exact sensitivities. The only other setting that is special is I have ADS smoothing at 10. Probably detrimental for Sniper rifles but sticks like glue for assault rifles.

I'm using the the ST prior to the newest one. Even though it was trained using,what is now called legacy settings, it works even better with the advanced settings. 

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08:50 AM - 11/19/19 »

1000hz, 12,000 dpi, common sync. I'm not at home so I can't recall the exact sensitivities. The only other setting that is special is I have ADS smoothing at 10. Probably detrimental for Sniper rifles but sticks like glue for assault rifles.

I'm using the the ST prior to the newest one. Even though it was trained using,what is now called legacy settings, it works even better with the advanced settings.

Surprised common isnt to strong on shotgun an ya smoothing with common weakens aim assist which is a good thing with advanced settings

Offline YogurtcuBayram

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09:22 AM - 11/19/19 »
Obsiv please can you add old legacy ST ?
Ps4 Pro
Logitech G502
Corsair K68
Steelseries qck+

Offline cb57

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12:39 PM - 11/19/19 »
I use legacy because it is impossible to use shotguns and up close mags with the Advanced settings. Shotguns slow down horribly and following a target horizontally with an Smg is impossible. Crosshair just lags behind target.

Offline teambash

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03:39 PM - 11/19/19 »
I use legacy because it is impossible to use shotguns and up close mags with the Advanced settings. Shotguns slow down horribly and following a target horizontally with an Smg is impossible. Crosshair just lags behind target.
with same sensivity brother?

Offline Snoofy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09:12 AM - 11/20/19 »
In another post, Mist said he doesn't play Fortnite. I think he is a very good developer, but we are the ones who play every day and if the vast majority thinks that st should be optimized for legacy settings or that the old one simply needs to be restored then it must be so

Offline Nick1370

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Nick1370
  • PSN ID: Nick13700
« Reply #27 on: 10:39 AM - 11/20/19 »
my thoughts on are simple you have looked at the data and the data supports that the current st supports the aiming mechanics but are you actually jumping in game and trying to replicate these issues we are having with new st while playing with the recommended settings if not then supporting data means absolutely nothing data is great but the reason games do beta testing is to find bugs in real time and fix them and experience them firsthand try aiming over long distances and staying consistent with the new st experience the floaty shaky feeling you get when doing so get into a close range shotgun fight and watch the aim assist overpower you back to the lobby and by all means dont take this as an attack i love xim and the work you guys do but if your using just data to test things and not actually jumping into games and trying to replicate the issues the community is having
Displays- Benq Zowie 24 60hz |console| Asus Vg248qe PC 144hz |Mice | G900| Gpro| SS rival 600| Razer DAE| Final mouse ultralight| G403|  SS rival 310| |G603| |Ventus Z| KB- Corsair K63 Wireless|G-910|Mics/Headsets- |Hyper X Cloud 2|G933 Snow| Hyper Cloud Revolver S | Consoles- |Xbox One 1tb| PS4 1tb| Xim Apex|

Offline cb57

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11:13 AM - 11/20/19 »
with same sensivity brother?

with every sync/hz/sens combination imaginable. I have tried them all.

Offline Snoofy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03:17 AM - 11/21/19 »
The fact is that we're just asking to restore the old st, not to create a new one and I don't think it's a very difficult thing. Maybe give the opportunity to download the old st for a couple of days so that those who want can download it while those who prefer the new don't download it and we are all happy