XIM Community

MW 2019 STv2 fans, please read!  (Read 3600 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
MW 2019 STv2 fans, please read!
« on: 01:57 PM - 11/14/19 »
OBsIV has stated we will be reverting back to STv1 with the next update. This doesn't mean you can't keep your current settings though. Just DO NOT DELETE YOUR STv2 CONFIG! And DO NOT UPDATE IT!

Also,

This isn't the end of the road, it's one battle. The war continues and things could rapidly change. Please read on on what the REAL problem is and how you can help (there's a link at the bottom of the page). Please express, No DEMAND, that IW fixes this problem.

Cheers!

Here's the Problem!
So in previous Call of Duty games, your ADS sensitivity would activate once your weapon is fully zoomed in or after the AIM DOWN SIGHT animation has finished.

when you let go of the ADS trigger, the game instantly switches back to the HIP deadzone sensitivity.

With MW 2019, your ADS sensitivity activates as soon as you tap the ADS trigger on the controller (0ms delay) - before the ADS animation even has the chance to finish, So the game ends up using the wrong deadzone during the ADS animation....

It should be using HIP during the ADS animation and then ADS when fully zoomed in, but it's instantly switching to it's ADS deadzone during this mid transition.

Also.... when you let go of ADS in MW 2019, it doesn't instantly switch back to the HIP deadzone, there's like a 500ms delay - So the game ends up using the ADS deadzone when you are actually fully HIP :-\

None of the delay features on XIM can correct this issue - The current in-game mechanics for MW 2019 are not configured correctly for Controller players (Which effects XIM as well)

If you enable native KB/M on MW 2019 on your console & go to the options menu, Under ADS Sensitivity you will have a option called "ADS Sensitivity Transition Timing" - The default is AFTER ZOOM, like in previous COD games.

Controller players do not have this option, but if you change this setting to INSTANT on native KB/M, you experience the same issues we have with Controller & XIM :(

Only Infinity Ward can fix this by reverting the ADS Transition Timing option back to AFTER ZOOM for Controller players.

The issue was less of a problem with x1 ADS, So until Infinity Ward sort this - I personally think you should revert back to the original x1 ST for now.

Here is where to express your concerns!
https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/dtpi54/ads_sensitivity_transition_timing_is_configured/
« Last Edit: 02:14 PM - 11/14/19 by RML »

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
Re: MW 2019 STv2 fans, please read!
« Reply #1 on: 10:31 PM - 11/14/19 »
I have both ST's saved right now.  I guess going back is the best option for those who like ST1 and deleted it.    Hopefully the people who like ST2 will not delete it when the new ST is released.  However, I have a feeling that many will and they will complain.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 11:22 PM - 11/14/19 »
One IW sorts out the transition issues, we will revisit.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Obie_1_Kenobi

• May the force be with you...
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TAPTDATAZZ
« Reply #3 on: 06:14 AM - 11/15/19 »
On MW how do I know which ST I currently have. I have original st and just downloaded the ď2019Ē on MW. I read somewhere to do this because I had an alert on the original ST to (translate mouse config) and wasnít up to date. However I still have both STís for MW. How do I go about to get STV1 or like to know which one I have. When I click the ST its shows 1.1. Or is STV1 something else. I apologize guys been out the game for a min. Thanks in advance.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:26 AM - 11/15/19 »
On MW how do I know which ST I currently have.

There's Two easy ways to tell.

1 - If you're not utilizing the Latest ST for your config there will be a little icon on the bottom left of the config page. If you click on the icon it will tell you to update your config to the latest ST. DO NOT do this if you don't want to update! Instead, after downloading the latest manager update. Create a new MW Config and it will automatically be updated with the latest ST. You will notice it doesn't have the icon on the config page like your previous config. Now you will have both ST's saved on your XIM.

2 - While in game, using 1.0 ADS multiplier. Your ADS turn speed will be Twice as slow with STv2 then it will be with STv1.

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: ApocalypticWesal
« Reply #5 on: 10:46 AM - 11/15/19 »
I will guess they will do nothing as its exposed us, the you tube video might have been better received with comments off as the first person to comment has xim icon next to their name if i was at IW i would see that an go nope.
Hopefully they aren't that bright.
I have to wonder how many controller players use the insane sensitivity's like us guessing again a small percentage.

Kudos to RML you put a lot of time into your configs which i always use thanks for your work my muscle memory must be same as yours all i change are key binds everything else is as you set it suits my abilities.
« Last Edit: 12:48 PM - 11/15/19 by THE-MARAVINGY »

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:22 AM - 11/15/19 »
On MW how do I know which ST I currently have. I have original st and just downloaded the ď2019Ē on MW. I read somewhere to do this because I had an alert on the original ST to (translate mouse config) and wasnít up to date. However I still have both STís for MW. How do I go about to get STV1 or like to know which one I have. When I click the ST its shows 1.1. Or is STV1 something else. I apologize guys been out the game for a min. Thanks in advance.

Double tap the cover of the game in your XIM Apex Manager, it will pop the ST version.

Offline Obie_1_Kenobi

• May the force be with you...
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TAPTDATAZZ
« Reply #7 on: 04:03 PM - 11/15/19 »
On MW how do I know which ST I currently have.

There's Two easy ways to tell.

1 - If you're not utilizing the Latest ST for your config there will be a little icon on the bottom left of the config page. If you click on the icon it will tell you to update your config to the latest ST. DO NOT do this if you don't want to update! Instead, after downloading the latest manager update. Create a new MW Config and it will automatically be updated with the latest ST. You will notice it doesn't have the icon on the config page like your previous config. Now you will have both ST's saved on your XIM.

2 - While in game, using 1.0 ADS multiplier. Your ADS turn speed will be Twice as slow with STv2 then it will be with STv1.

Much appreciated RML. I have both STís
My manager version is 20190804
My Firmware version is 20190819

I am hoping I am on the correct one.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:03 PM - 11/15/19 »
I hate to break it to you guys but there's work to be done.

Stop whining to ObsIV on this forum and get out there and help.

When Halo 5 and R6 were broken as hell (both still are, but less so), I was on every forum and sub-Reddit campaigning for months and helping boost other posts advocating for the same. I was submitting tickets and trying to get heard. This is the only way to progress the issue. It's annoying we have to do their jobs, but the work to be done is outside this forum, the XIM team can't do anything about this.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Sgt8Bit

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:30 PM - 11/15/19 »
Am I the only one who responded to headhunters reddit post so far? We're gonna need much more support than just 2 people!

This is an Infinity Ward issue that they can fix easily.  If we make them aware by all of us posting, we can get them to implement change.
Consoles: Xbox One X, Playstation 4 Pro
Display: Asus VP28UQG 4K Monitor
Audio: 2019 Mixamp Pro TR, Sennheiser HD 598 SE, ModMic 2.3
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver
Mouse: Logitech G502
Pad: Logitech G440

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:04 PM - 11/15/19 »
I will go reply on it.  It may get more views if it has a clickbait title like "Controller ADS bug" and the video gets embedded so that it plays it the feed instead of clicking on it.

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #11 on: 05:05 AM - 11/22/19 »
Are the developers even aware of the controller ADS transition problem? It looks like controller players aren't even aware of the problem, which is the problem.... for us anyway :D

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07:00 PM - 11/24/19 »
Bump. Can anybody send me the ST2 via email?

St2 canít  be shared.  Making a backup file of your xim will only copy the keybinds and not the actual st.
You should remove your email because any files you receive will be viruses.

Also, if you didnít delete the config that was made on st2 it wonít auto update it will still be there after xim downloads an update, untill you delete it. Look for an indicator saying /!\ configs mouse translator is out of date on the Hip profile box art.
« Last Edit: 07:07 PM - 11/24/19 by The prodigy »

Offline BestRyzeEu

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: BestRyzeeuu
« Reply #13 on: 05:15 AM - 11/25/19 »
And people ruining the topic by writing on redit that it iis ruining their xim config LOL

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MssAmanda
« Reply #14 on: 06:32 PM - 12/03/19 »
That video explains a lot. This is why I can't do 180 degrees instant turns in this game the moment I hear someone coming from behind, while I am already aiming. I immediately lift my finger off the right button and sweep the mouse the way I was used to in WWII, but I experience some sort of inconsistency and deceleration. Up to this day I believed this was just how it felt to me, but now I have evidence. I'll definitely try the new beta ST OBsIV released and share my thoughts the upcoming days!