XIM Community

Titan Two vs Cronus Zen vs XIM  (Read 45980 times)

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Titan Two vs Cronus Zen vs XIM
« Reply #45 on: 10:13 PM - 08/31/20 »
Yeah, i ducked back to say that Iím in the worst negative @#$% mood today, had to have our dog put to sleep, and Iím just spitting at everything & everyone
So Iím going head over to reddit and take it out on one of those subs about 5G causing corona virus,
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #46 on: 10:28 PM - 08/31/20 »
Sorry to hear about your dog. I had to do the same with mine a few years ago, it was heartbreaking  :'(

Sick'em Rex!

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline StarBlaze

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 06:37 AM - 09/01/20 »
Yeah I agree with the fact that Zen is pretty much dummy proof. But if we're comparing the GPC Scripts and GamePacks I think both the Cronus community and the Cronus Developers are way better than the Titan Community or the devs.

Even though Zen isn't as powerful as the T2 in terms of Hardware, it still allows for a lot advanced stuff within the GPC, which is constantly updated by the developers. Just take a peek in the Zen GPC Library and the T2 GPC Library. The Zen community produces far better scripts.

I'm not 100% sure, but afaik Titan Two Apex Legends Gamepack do not include configurations for each gun. The Zen Apex Legends Pro Gamepack do.

I don't play much Apex, but say I'm using the Flatline AR, The Zen Gamepack already has an anti-recoil created for that specific weapon. So if I shoot in the game, there's literally no recoil and I do not even have to change many (if any) values.

I've checked the GP Manual on Consoletuner.com for Apex Legends and it says you have to configure it yourself... Then I'm sorry, but what is the point of that GamePack?

And again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Another thing that proves my point is, on the Consoletuner forums they literally created a "Script Conversion Megathread" to convert Cronus scripts to work with Titan Scripts. They made a tool to convert CronusMax scripts to T2 Scripts. I've seen discussions of making a tool to convert Zen scripts to T2 scripts..

Titan Two offers backwards-compatibility with Titan One, which is essentially the same thing as a CronusMAX PLUS, only with better controller and console support (e.g. Nintendo Switch, Elite Series 2, Bluetooth Xbox Wireless Controllers work on Titan One but not CronusMAX PLUS).

The script conversion thread is to convert Titan One code to Titan Two. CronusMAX GPC just happens to be the same thing as Titan One GPC, only with less error checking. There's more sloppy code to fix in a CM+ GPC script, whereas most T1 GPC scripts only need to add one line of code to the top to run on a T2 due to the stricter compiler compliance. The only thing you've proven if CM scripts are popping up in the conversion thread is the average CM script is written more poorly than T1 code.

The reason CM+ and T1 are so alike is because they, along with the GPC language, were created by same man - Jefferson Koppe at ConsoleTuner (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jkoppe/en). He invented the predecessor to both devices, named the Gamepad Proxy (GPC = Gamepad Proxy Code). Look closely at his LinkedIn profile - "The Cronus device (2012) is a renaming of the device initially called Gamepad Proxy, conceived and developed by Jefferson Koppe in 2011."

I'm not going to school you on why two almost exact devices exist in the CM+ and T1 (scrap that, I did it below), suffice to say the people behind Cronus aren't all sunshine and unicorns. The only reason CronusMAX and Cronus Zen exist is because of the Titan Two developer. Titan Two Gamepacks are written by the man who created GPC and GPC2, so your "way better than Titan Two devs" sleight against J2K's coding prowess is comical.

Cronus Developers hacked J2K's GPC codebase and built slightly upon it for Zen, but they didn't create it. GPC is ancient, limited and dated compared to GPC2, even with recent additions. The primary reason for this is GPC has 8-bit precision, meaning you get a value range of -128 to +127, with no support for decimal precision, which requires at least 16-bit processing.

Zen's limited 8-bit range directly impacts antirecoil, which is affected by decimal precision. Furthermore, GPC wait or hold times for things like burst fire or phased antirecoil are limited to 4000ms. They can be chained, but not in a Gamepack.

GPC2 has a 32-bit range of −2,147,483,648 through 2,147,483,647, with a long tail of decimal precision. Antirecoil on Titan Two can be pixel-precise because GPC2 code has 17 million times higher resolution than GPC. Titan Two hold or wait times blow out to 32767ms, which can be included in a Gamepack and in any community-made Modpack. To be fair, both devices can use timers, but Titan Two has 1ms precision, Zen has at best 5-10ms.

Boiling recoil control down to very basic terms, Zen only has a controller input range of -100 to +100 with no decimal precision in a 10ms processing loop for Gamepacks. Titan Two has an effective controller input range of -100.00 to +100.00 (more decimals are possible, but have diminished returns), with granular decimal precision in a 1ms processing loop. Zen cannot account for antirecoil values less than whole numbers, Titan Two can. Get your antirecoil code off by as little as 0.1 and you will notice the difference.

Not to mention GPC2 features dozens of 32-bit types and functions that don't exist in 8-bit GPC code. Zen runs 8-bit GPC code at 5ms at its fastest with most Gamepacks locked at 10ms. Titan Two runs 32-bit GPC2 code at 1ms. In a nutshell, comparing a Zen to a Titan Two is like comparing an NES with a PS1. Remind me again how Zen scripts are better than Titan Two  ::)

The Apex Legends Gamepack has weapon-specific antirecoil, as do most other Titan Two scripts from the last few years. "Configure yourself" means to use the Gamepack menu to activate the mods you want to use, just like on Cronus Zen. The entire purpose of Computer Vision on Titan Two is to remove the manual selection requirement by recognising a weapon model to automatically adjust settings to the weapon in hand. Titan Two supports potentially hundreds of weapon-specific settings with no menus or screens required. Cronus Zen does not.

Since the launch of T2 in 2017, the ConsoleTuner community has created their own Modpacks using sophisticated Interactive Configurators within GPC2 that are far more functional that Cronus Gamepack menus (slider, dial, radiobox, checkbox, spinbox, combobox, decimal support, copy & paste preconfigured arrays etc). We use ICs to populate menus with different Primary, Secondary, Tertiary etc weapons, each with their own rapidfire, antirecoil etc values.

Users can access Interactive Configurator menus via Gtuner IV to configure Gamepacks & Modpacks in a Titan Two Memory Slot, or run them within Gtuner IV for on-the-fly configuration, or use Gtuner Air for mobile configuration, or use button combos to adjust mods while in-game.

It's much faster and easier to select from a menu than to use a tiny LED screen to scroll through options one by one. Titan Two does the same thing as the Zen's LED screen in a more robust way in the Output Panel of Gtuner. Gtuner can also use Text to Speech within GPC2, which doesn't require the use of a screen at all.

It sounds like you haven't seen under the hood of an advanced T2 GPC2 script, which by the way are encoded primarily to prevent code theft by the Cronus community. Their community is larger than ConsoleTuner's, so it can pump out more scripts. But it's built upon deception, toxicity & heavy-handed censorship that starts with the Moderators and filters through to the Members, so I'll never be a part of that sh!tshow.

In my experience, the best scripters are on Titan Two. ConsoleTuner community coders like bonefisher, Scachi, Mad, DontAtMe, USER101, AlanMcGregor and myself, if I'm being immodest, and more (apologies for missing any shoutouts) are the source of the better code you'll find floating around in Cronus scripts. This is not by intent, it's because they were, until recently, willing to share their code with the ConsoleTuner community.

Code theft from Cronus scripters without any attribution to its creator (which is copyright infringement) is why most T2 scripts are encoded as GBC. It's also why I stopped sharing my own scripts - having something stolen from you and passed off as someone else's work isn't pleasant and it's a pillar the Cronus community is built upon. Unfortunately, that goes both ways with CM script conversion to T2, but it's tit-for-tat. That's not to say you won't find good people coding on Zen because you will, but the source of the better code is, for the most part, due to the ConsoleTuner community and developer.

If you see it on a Cronus, it's because it existed on a Titan first, with rare exception e.g. USB hub support on Cronus devices does not exist on Titan devices (by choice). Dig into Cronus' history and you'll find that much of the CronusMAX PLUS software and firmware functionality was "reverse-engineered" from a Titan One. This is not speculation or misinformation, it was revealed in a public court case when Cronus failed to sue for ownership of Titan One.

Though J2K invented the Cronus device, joint-ownership of the Cronus intellectual property was ruled by the court. If there was any justice in the US legal system, Cronus would have been wiped from the face of the Earth, but J2K didn't have the funds to fight it and accepted the decision.

That outcome prompted the creation of Titan Two and GPC2 to distance J2K from Cronus and prevent a repeat episode. It also stalled the development of CronusMAX PLUS (that's why Titan One has features CronusMAX PLUS does not) and forced the creation of Zen (built upon the foundations of J2K's Gamepad Proxy / Cronus device).

Dubious history aside, the argument for which device is "best" can be measured objectively using things like technical specifications and functionality. On that basis, Titan Two beats Cronus Zen in every respect. But, the decision to use a Zen or a Titan Two is entirely subjective as both devices do similar things at different price points.

Titan Two is faster and more capable with better joystick, mouse, keyboard etc, XIM APEX & console support, but it's also more expensive. Zen is cheaper, slower and less capable, but may be an easier entry point for noobs who want their hands held and don't need the power or precision a Titan Two provides. Choose your poison. If you have a moral compass or care about product capabilities over marketing BS, that choice is easy.

Hey thanks for the really detailed responses. It's a good read :)

I am aware that J2K created GPC and invented the Cronus/T1/GPP.

Like for me, I bought the T1 because of exactly that. But Cronus started adding better features IMO.
So I bought a CronusMax Plus too. Plugged in the USB Hub and could pretty much have the feature(auth controller) that both Zen and T2 has.. Full crossover on PS4. No lags, no interruptions, no performance issues.. I just assumed that J2K didn't add this so that he could sell his new device easier (Because if someone who allegedly reverse engineered your code can do it, you should be able to do it too, I mean you have the real source code, they have a copy).

Wheel Edition on CMP was pretty nice as well, as I have a G27 (in wheel edition, PS4 recognizes the cronus as a G29 wheel and allows FFB) and with T1 you had to have Gtuner / PC connected + it didn't even recognize the wheel as a wheel, but as a controller.

J2K said on the forums that he'd release the FFB Wheel feature for MaxAim, never got added afaik.

So when you say Cronus didn't add features.. Do you mean XB1 Wireless Support and Switch support.. lol. Maybe they waited so that they could sell the Zen.. On both occasions I do not blame either of them. It's understandable.

I saw J2K argue against people who wanted the USB Hub feature on the forums and about that time I chose not to purchase a T2, because well, at the time my Cronus could already do a lot of the things T2 could. (Full PS4 Crossover for example, which was a big deal at the time for Titan). And had a few features T2 didn't have(Wheel edition). Obviously since then T2 has evolved and has far greater features and CM + T1 are simply nothing good compared to.

So when Cronus announced they was releasing a new product I just waited and I am still not disappointed with it. It does do everything it advertises and it does them greatly :)

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #48 on: 03:26 PM - 09/01/20 »
USB hub for crossover and wheel support was the only thing CM+ did that T1 did not. XB1 BT controller support should have been added to CM+ as the Xbox One S controller was released years ago. Same for Nintendo Switch support, which they could only do with a separate dongle about a year ago.

Cronus didn’t add support for these to CM+ likely because they couldn’t do it without cracking the T1 firmware. There’s no allegation here, it was proven in a court of law. J2K left Easter eggs in the code and could have bricked every CM device running T1 code, but opted not to. The last CM+ FW update was from around the time of court ruling...coincidence? Not a chance.

The reason USB hub support wasn’t added to Titan devices is it can generate conflicts for HID descriptors of connected devices. I use my XIM as a de facto USB hub for Titan One and Two and have not had any issues. J2K has considered adding USB hub support to T2 but I don’t know the current status.

If you’re happy with your Zen, that's great. I guess if you set the bar low enough, you'll never be disappointed. Every other Zen user in this thread has a different, yet consensus opinion from your's. That may be due to us being power users rather than casuals, so the flaws of Zen are easier to spot when you're used to better performance. If mine was the sole voice of dissent, you could dismiss it as bias, but I’m not alone.

For a bit of history - I was on the hunt for a PS4 adapter for my G25 wheel and MadCatz PS3 TE fightstick when I found the CronusMAX PLUS. It looked like it did everything I wanted, but I extended my search and discovered Titan One. The difference for me was developer support for XIM 4 on the Titan One but not on Cronus, so I cancelled the CM+ and bought the T1 instead.

Though I occasionally use wheels and fight sticks, my XIMs have seen daily use for a decade, so combining a Titan for mods with the best m/kb translation on a XIM became the primary objective. Cronus devices only work with XIM *cough* due to the T1 code in the Cronus FW *hack*. That's why a CM+ will hard crash when a DS4 V2 is connected to a XIM APEX (Titan One added APEX support after the court case, Cronus did not), as well as desyncing a XIM with a console at more than 250Hz. Titan Two has full support for XIM APEX, so it's a no-brainer for me.

Removing the XIM from the equation, you can't even use a mouse on Zen without serious issues at 500 or 1000Hz due to its max 4.5ms processing loop, which isn't disclosed anywhere. What's the point of including a VM speed setting in Zen Studio that doesn't work?

The same is true of almost all other mouse features (see above). At least change the range and features to represent Zen's true capabilities, but that would be admitting that Zen m/kb features are rudimentary and the device adds more lag than stated. Hilariously, MAX-Admin considers Zen to be on-par with a XIM APEX, which just exemplifies the level of BS he builds into his marketing and sprays over his community. It took me a single second using a Zen to dismiss this as complete horsesh!t.

If I was a controller user instead of m/kb, things might have been different and I'd be satisfied with the product. But the toxic air of the Cronus forums, lack of product support (it's always someone else's fault) and arrogance of the banhammer-swinging Mods for a hint of disagreement with the company line is plain as day. It's a den of amoral pirates and thieves and I would have moved on quickly.

The other difference is XIM and Titan see themselves as complementary devices, not as competitors. I'm an alpha tester for both XIM Tech and ConsoleTuner and had a bit to do with ensuring both devices play friendly. J2K and OBsIV were willing to embrace their differences to provide a holistic solution for us, the gamers. Likewise for others, like Good Work Systems, the maker of Fragpedals, who updated their firmware for XIM APEX and Titan Two compatibility.

It's not the same case for Cronus, they're not interested in supporting anyone else's device, preferring to state half-truths about their own capabilities, like "virtually no lag" and "as good as XIM"...pfft...not even close. I guess MAX-Admin subscribes to the "alternative facts" philosophy rather than truth in advertising.

Oh, and thanks for keeping a cool head StarBlaze, it's refreshing to have a debate about a passionate topic without getting lost in the emotion :salute: It's been awhile since I've had a meaty discussion, thanks for the input :)
« Last Edit: 06:23 PM - 09/01/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline StarBlaze

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01:51 PM - 09/02/20 »
Yeah I think after thinking about what you've said.. I think I agree that Zen just tries to be all of the devices at once and while it does not fail, it does not succeed either. The keyboarding is fine if you're just an average user. It says in the user manual that it is actually just made to be simple (with minimal configurations, nothing advanced) and when they have a such a statement, it's hilarious that MaxAdmin thinks he's created a XIM Killer lmao. Fool made an entire video talking about how he thinks that Zen is just as good as XIM. Lol.

The GamePacks are very good if you're a controller player (I still think some Cronus GPs are superior).

Also I 100% agree that the Cronus team always has to be "right" and always thinks the customers are wrong, when in fact sometimes the customers are right (I've seen people report the GamePacks, and even if they have bugs in them their support always assumes the user is wrong without even testing it for themselves, which is a bit weird tbh).

I think what I've concluded is that I might get a Titan Two soon, just to try it out for myself tbh. If I like it, I'll just use Max Combo / ComboMagick to copy the Zen Gamepack Anti recoil values over to my own T2 scripts lol.

But I still think that Zen is good for it's price. I like that they didn't adjust the price, it's a fair price for the product.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #50 on: 03:49 PM - 09/02/20 »
As an all-round solution, Zen does offer a lot. It just doesn't offer as much, nor the same polished experience as a XIM APEX or a Titan Two.

There's a lot of headroom on Titan Two for advanced and expert-level scripting, so prepare for a learning curve if you want to go dive down the rabbit hole. Even after 2.5 years, we've still only just touched the surface of its capabilities.

The issue is not what it can do, but who has the time to create something like a single script for every weapon in Destiny 2. There's not much return on investment for your time, it needs to be approached as a passion project.

What I anticipate is Computer Vision developing to a point where a script will measure the recoil pattern of a weapon and automatically adjust the antirecoil values to suit. Same for autofire. That's likely some way off, but there is a tonne of potential built into a T2 that doesn't exist on a Zen.

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08:41 AM - 09/04/20 »
It seems more or less to  be a mini pc lol
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline trunk

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: none
  • PSN ID: 14414
« Reply #52 on: 12:14 AM - 01/15/21 »
As an all-round solution, Zen does offer a lot. It just doesn't offer as much, nor the same polished experience as a XIM APEX or a Titan Two.

There's a lot of headroom on Titan Two for advanced and expert-level scripting, so prepare for a learning curve if you want to go dive down the rabbit hole. Even after 2.5 years, we've still only just touched the surface of its capabilities.

The issue is not what it can do, but who has the time to create something like a single script for every weapon in Destiny 2. There's not much return on investment for your time, it needs to be approached as a passion project.

What I anticipate is Computer Vision developing to a point where a script will measure the recoil pattern of a weapon and automatically adjust the antirecoil values to suit. Same for autofire. That's likely some way off, but there is a tonne of potential built into a T2 that doesn't exist on a Zen.

@#$%  :o your reviews are fantastic, but here I have a question that was not answered, you can tell which of the 2 (Titan Two or CronusZen) is faster in response time Joytick> device> console> game fight
I want to know which of the 2 is faster for online fighting games, I await your response nice hero without cape

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #53 on: 12:49 AM - 01/15/21 »
Titan Two's processing loop runs at sub-1ms, with all Gamepacks & mods running at 1ms by default (the fastest a USB port can poll). This is the reason T2 script memory is only 8kb to ensure the fastest possible processing speed. However, T2 child scripts can be embedded within parent scripts, making for much larger scripts than Zen is capable of running (T2 will dynamically load child scripts on-demand and maintain its 1ms speed).

Zen's processing loop by default is 10ms. Zen Gamepacks run at 10ms. Both will induce input lag. At its fastest, Zen can only run at 4.5ms, which is worse than CronusMAX PLUS. 4.5ms is an unusual number that doesn't sync with any console or PC USB port and frames will be dropped as a result. This is due to Zen using 32Kb of memory, most of which is dedicated to the OLED display.

While Zen touts the wonders of their tiny OLED screen, the simple truth is it's a performance handbrake. Zen will never match Titan Two's 1ms speed due to hardware constraints. Meanwhile, T2 can customise scripts on-the-fly using a GUI menu, either via USB to PC or Mac, or wirelessly to Gtuner Air on iOS or Android devices. Bluetooth on Titan Two requires the Expansion Kit, but it can handle 4 concurrent BT connections (2 controllers e.g L & R Joy-Cons, 1 console, 1 phone or tablet) vs Zen's single BT controller support.

Not to mention T2 also has Computer Vision input and text-to-speech output, neither of which will ever appear on Zen. No-one's done it yet (to my knowledge), but Titan Two could also listen for in-game audio, or potentially a microphone for audio cues to activate mods when connected to PC (and passed through to console).
« Last Edit: 01:41 AM - 01/15/21 by antithesis »

Offline StarBlaze

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 06:01 AM - 08/19/21 »
So I bought the Titan Two and I must say I have mixed feelings about this one.

In terms of the device, it feels nice, and is capable of a lot of stuff, but in terms of community, I must say it's too different to Cronus.

First of all, the community is very small. The discord is pretty slow. Secondly there is a guy selling scripts in the Discord (Says "donations" but we know what it is - selling). The script he is selling is very very similar to Warzone Pro Pack from Cronus' GamePack Library. $30 for ONE script?????. That's crazy. Talk about taking advantage of the situation of a community being small.

Cronus is against script selling and they have an actual GP team to write Top Quality GamePacks. The GamePacks I've tried on the Titan are all wayy too similar. Haven't yet found something unique. + Didn't try GCV yet. Why does Titan not hire people to write GPs?

My other thing is, Titan Two is wayy too dependant on either the phone app or Gtuner to be fully functional. The Zen allows you to edit your GamePacks (on OLED) without even having to put down your controller.

Most Importantly, why does Titan not advertise it's product? When you think of a gaming cheating device, you instantly think of Cronus ó Everyone does. Because they have good advertisement + Good YouTube Tutorials. 0 of that on the Titan side.

Titan Two is a good product, but stuff like Good and unique GamePacks, Community, advertisement/marketing  and video tutorials also need to be there. In my opinion those are literally some of the reasons why the Titan community wont get bigger. Please take a look at the Titan website, then Cronus. Cronus' front page looks very appealing, while the Titan page looks like an abandoned site from 2010. If the owner even works on Titan still - He should update his stuff.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #55 on: 06:17 AM - 08/19/21 »
Marketing is a problem for ConsoleTuner, agreed. It's unfortunate that Cronus blew up on the back of IP theft (proven in court), but that's how it worked out. The guy at Cronus is quite simply a much better salesman. But J2Kbr at ConsoleTuner is a much better human being.

ConsoleTuner is still working on Titan Two. I've had concerns about this myself recently as the forums have been very quiet. A lot of that is pandemic-related as ConsoleTuner is based in Brazil and the place has gone to hell in a handbasket. But also due to the global semiconductor shortage that is affecting the entire computing industry - you can't sell what you can't make.

ConsoleTuner is apparently working on a new site to improve the marketing side of things before jumping back into T2 development. Keep in mind too that much of the last year or two has been dedicated to creating MZ Titans (modchipped PS & Xbox controllers with on-board mods). But they're a small team and there are only so many hours in the day. Cronus has a ravaging horde of miscreants and cheaters (it's funny how you equate that community with "ethics"...paid scripts abound and are pirated under the cloak of "sharing") clamouring for the next, new, generic, POS Gamepack, whereas Titan has most of it covered in just two Gamepacks.

The issue for Gamepack development is one of trust. J2Kbr got badly burnt by partnering with the peeps at Cronus (it was his device) and is reluctant to expose himself to potential damage by letting others have access to his development tools. There are Gamepacks coming, but new games have also been pretty slow to materialise.

If you're referring to Mad re: Warzone Pro Pack - it took him 3 months solid to code it from scratch. You want him to do all of that for free? Because that's exactly what he did. He also wrote the best two free Gamepacks for Titan Two. He, like all developers, deserves recompense for creative works. So, asking for a voluntary donation is 100% fine. It'll also be released in Gtuner, as far as I'm aware. I'd personally reduce the donation price and go for volume, but I'm not him.

This stupid "buy the cow and get the milk for free" model for Gamepack development discourages creators. That's a problem I'm looking to solve myself in the coming months for Titan Two. It's been brewing for years, but I've finally settled on a model that will work for everyone. By the way, Strikepack, which is owned by the same parent company that owns Cronus, offers a subscription model for new mods these days. Don't be shocked when it comes to Cronus.

As for the OLED screen on Zen, as I said above, it's convenient, but a huge performance handbrake. The bulk of Zen's 32Kb script memory is dedicated to powering the screen. But that 32Kb memory limit also prevents the device from operating faster than a very odd 4.5ms. Try to push it faster and the CPU will tank.

Interestingly, XIM 3 had a dedicated screen a decade ago. But they moved away from that to mobile app support, because it reduces manufacturing costs and increases app functionality and screen real estate. A few lines on an OLED screen ain't much compared to Gtuner Air or XIM APEX Manager. XIM is every bit as reliant on a mobile device or PC connection as Titan Two, but no-one complains. You can swap between entire menus, or premade loadouts in Gtuner Air with one touch, which is faster than digging though Zen menus. Besides, button combos and LED / DualShock bar colours can be used to indicate mod status. As can text-to-speech in Gtuner on PC.

But I digress...Titan Two is sub-1ms by comparison to Zen's 4.5ms and won't be pushed harder than about 10% CPU usage, resulting in consistent, fast and predictable input. Activision use Titan Twos at gaming tournaments. 8Kb Titan script bytecode doesn't sound like much compared to Zen's 32Kb, but 8Kb is a hard limit to guarantee a 1ms processing loop. Any bigger and 1ms is impossible.

But, Titan Two child scripts can be nested in parent scripts, so the end-result can be megabytes in size compared to Zen's roughly 16Kb of usable bytecode. Elaborate GUI menus can be built by anyone into any Titan Two script at no bytecode cost. Zen menus eat bytecode memory. Titan Two can also record & replay macros that are 3 or 4 days long. But no-one has anywhere near pushed the limits of a Titan Two script or macro.

Titan scripts & Gamepacks run at 1ms. Cronus Gamepacks run at 10ms. Titan Two syncs perfectly with XIM APEX at 8ms, 4ms, 2ms, 1ms. Cronus chokes above 4ms. Titan Two is 16-bit, with accompanying complex mathematical functions. Cronus Zen is 8-bit, with recycled functions stolen from Titan One. Titan Two m/kb is second only to XIM APEX. Cronus m/kb is complete dogsh!t. Cronus GPC scripts run, and run better, on Titan Two. Titan Two has Computer Vision. Titan Two has voice recognition. Titan Two has near universal device support. Cronus does not. But, marketing...

Titan Two has a tonne of potential, but your assessment is right - they lack manpower and marketing prowess. They know this. The core problem, in my view, is Titan Two needs more Gamepacks, plain and simple. It's an incredibly capable device, but not enough people are using that potential to showcase the gap between Titan Two and Cronus Zen.

User101 pushed that limit with his UserVision app, but that was always going to end badly...an aimbot on console is a terrible idea that could doom the entire third-party device industry. There are clever coders on the Zen side of the fence that dabble with Titan Two and acknowledge that it's the superior device. We need more of them to commit to script creation, but it's easier to regurgitate it to a larger audience on a Zen.

There are things brewing on the horizon that will elevate Titan Two's status, but they need time to come to fruition. I'm doing my part to kick things along, but I'm not a ConsoleTuner stakeholder and only have so much influence. At the end of the day, like XIM Tech, ConsoleTuner is about creating the best tech in the video gaming industry. That high level of functionality comes with a learning curve that few are willing to exploit to full advantage. Cronus is about selling as many units of a less capable device to the lowest common denominator who just want to cheat in a game. That's fine, but I guess it depends on what you want out of life and at what cost.
« Last Edit: 07:36 AM - 08/19/21 by antithesis »

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 10:42 AM - 09/24/21 »
From my POV RE Titan 2: The forums aren't as helpful as here, but drumjoker/J2kbr is a really great dude and is right on top of any questions/help you need. 

The thing i found frustrating is the language it works in, because it's a partial version of C++ you can't just use C++ code you find, and the way the library/guide is set up could use sort work..  I noticed that with the previous titan 1 language they'd adapted it to that universal function block code (i think it's called blockly), 

I can also confirm that strikepack don't give a  CRAP about customer issues. The device is easily useable tho. 

I think the end result you come to with all these devices, except xim, is they don't give you three advantage in shooters you initially think. Zero recoil is great, but when you play round with it you realise that most of your headshots are because of recoil, unless always lining up headshots at the start of a fight, and if you're doing that then you don't need a device to help at all anyway.   
The only real advance consumer level computers have over your own brain is speed. When you think about everything that's in play when you've trained your muscle memory it's actually pretty incredible.